Lynden Dunn - yes or no?

titan_uranus

Lynden Dunn in 2013 - yes or no?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really cant see a whole lot of value in keeping Dunny but having said that theres probably a handful that might jump the queue and be moved on prior to getting to Lynden. His staying for mine, is more dependent upon what happens around him than because of him.

Voted yes. I'm not a big Dunn fan, I just don't see him as being in the bottom group.

I think that this question begs two more questions:

1. How many will we cull/trade?

2. Depending on the answer to q 1., is Dunn in this group?

Sorry Titan, I don't mean to highjack your thread; I'm just interested in the context in which people make their decision on Dunn.

Voted yes. I'm not a big Dunn fan, I just don't see him as being in the bottom group.

I think that this question begs two more questions:

1. How many will we cull/trade?

2. Depending on the answer to q 1., is Dunn in this group?

Sorry Titan, I don't mean to highjack your thread; I'm just interested in the context in which people make their decision on Dunn.

Not a hijack at all, the point is to see why people think we should/should not keep him. I see your argument as being logical and making sense. I disagree with the conclusion, of course, as I think we'll cull plenty and he should be in the top 3 or 4 to go anyway.

Yes. But only because he's worth more to us than what we would ever get for him.

But by saying worth, I mean as a depth player, not in the regular 22, but just kept handy for injuries etc.

I won't be upset if he's cut though, depending on the balance of senior players ditched.

To me he represents everything that is wrong with the MFC....he is a flat track bully.....plays well against the poor young teams and goes missing against good opposition.

Spends half the game playing for free kicks instead of just getting the ball....

Not to mention he is gutless.....he will pick a fight with the youngest kid on the opposition. I was disgusted when I saw him at 1/4 time against the Suns chesting some of the young sun players and mouthing off..... 1 good quarter against a team of kids.....someone needed to remind him we had only won 2 games at that point. Put ur head down and play the game....

• Like 3

To me he represents everything that is wrong with the MFC....he is a flat track bully.....plays well against the poor young teams and goes missing against good opposition.

Spends half the game playing for free kicks instead of just getting the ball....

Not to mention he is gutless.....he will pick a fight with the youngest kid on the opposition. I was disgusted when I saw him at 1/4 time against the Suns chesting some of the young sun players and mouthing off..... 1 good quarter against a team of kids.....someone needed to remind him we had only won 2 games at that point. Put ur head down and play the game....

I get sick of posters using this "flat track bully" term, personally I can't wait for the day when we are a team of bullies!

• Like 4

i like him! he fills a role and that seems to fit in with the sort of players that neeld likes. He does his bit for the team whether it be in the fwd or backline. he doesn't have outstanding games but he doesn't seem to have shockers either, just a middle tier player which teams need to support their more porminent players.

Edited by young dee enthusiast
  • Like 2

He has played quite well since been moved to the back line. Good kicking skills, and holds his own in one on one contests, particularly when the ball hits the ground. I think he has found a spot down there, and possibly saved his career at Melbourne.

What are peoples thoughts on his performance since his move to the backline?

He has played quite well since been moved to the back line. Good kicking skills, and holds his own in one on one contests, particularly when the ball hits the ground. I think he has found a spot down there, and possibly saved his career at Melbourne.

What are peoples thoughts on his performance since his move to the backline?

I think it has invigorated him and he's performing a task. If he stays disciplined (and there's no reason why he shouldn't) he'll be okay and do okay.

Unsurprisingly, I agree with these critiques of his game.

Every team has a bottom six.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this argument says 'all clubs have bad players. Dunn is a bad player. Therefore Dunn stays by virtue of all clubs having bad players'. I may have read you wrong, but if not, this is as dumb and ridiculous as any argument I've ever heard.

Edited by titan_uranus

Unsurprisingly, I agree with these critiques of his game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this argument says 'all clubs have bad players. Dunn is a bad player. Therefore Dunn stays by virtue of all clubs having bad players'. I may have read you wrong, but if not, this is as dumb and ridiculous as any argument I've ever heard.

Well, yes and no.

Not so much bad, but less skilled that have a job to do. Jordy Mac is not that skilled, but he sticks to a task. You and I both know that these players exist even in premiership teams.

You're wrong, so here's the correction... What I believe is being said is that NO team has 22 superstars, not even Geelong or Hawthorn. If you ranked the players from 1-22 you would have players who would be listed as the last 6, doesn't mean they are bad players, just means they're not the best, it's really not that hard to understand when you take off your Dunn hate goggles...

Im finding it hard to disagree with much of this

Has shaved off the mo so he stays. He is not a great player, but who is in our side. He can do a job, kick a goal, shut a player down and is not our worst. He also has experience. I would give him another year. There are plenty to go before him.

The mind boggles really as the best thing that can be said of him really is he's bad, just not as bad as some. Golly, praise indeed....a real keeper.

Had a couple of reasonable games. Hes a fair mark, good kick at goal but ordinary field kicking. His bad ones outweigh the good ones for me. Sick of seeing him carry on when we are being belted. Gives away a lot of free kicks and 50's. Man without a position. I'd like our leftover / depth players to be midfielders. He's not young and not improving.