Ben Kennedy

jurrahcane

Ridiculous the amount of people here who seem to comment on players thinking that body type isn't a factor in a teams make up purely on the way they play.

Never said it wasn't, actually if you look at Melbourne you will notice we are lacking a small forward which further discredits your dismissal of Kennedy because he's small

Edited by New Age Hipster

Never said it wasn't, actually if you look at Melbourne you will notice we are lacking a small forward which further discredits your dismissal of Kennedy because he's small

When Kennedy is a gun at another club this is the type of poster that will be wanting to know why we missed out on a tough, long kicking, quick, skillful, goal kicking mid/small forward ?

I ignore him 90% of the time.

Ridiculous the amount of people here who seem to comment on players thinking that body type isn't a factor in a teams make up purely on the way they play.

So if you could pick anyone in the AFL to play for us you'd take Sam Lonergan before Cyril Rioli because he has a body type better suited to footy??? :huh:

• Like 1

So if you could pick anyone in the AFL to play for us you'd take Sam Lonergan before Cyril Rioli because he has a body type better suited to footy??? :huh:

Cyril is actually reasonably well built if you have seen him from a distance closer than 50 or so metres away when in the stands.

Guest KingDingAling

Kennedy has rare athletic qualities, he is short yes, but he is an athletic ball magnet, a unique blend, the kid will be a star.

He isn't just going to be your run of the mill midfielder, he adds a toughness and class - exactly what we need.

He is the best mid in the draft behind Wines.

Cyril is actually reasonably well built if you have seen him from a distance closer than 50 or so metres away when in the stands.

Yeah he is now. Don't think he was when he was drafted though, and even now he's probably not the ideal body type for footy compared to several other less talented players.

Probably was a similar build when drafter to how Kennedy is built.

I've had a bit more of a look at this kid.

174 cm - 76kg.

It does seem very small. So I thought I would compare it to other smaller players.

Brent Harvey - 172cm - 75kg

Eddie Betts - 173cm - 7kg

David Rodan - 173cm - 87kg

Jarryd Blair - 174cm - 81kg

Hayden Ballantyne - 174cm - 79kg

Ben McGlynn - 174cm - 75kg

Dayne Zorko - 175cm - 76kg

Brendon Matera - 175cm - 65kg

Dion Prestia - 175cm - 82kg

Shannon Byrnes - 175cm - 77kg

Robin Nahas - 176cm - 72kg

Steven Milne - 176cm - 83kg

Cyril Rioli - 177cm - 80kg

Aaron Davey - 177cm - 74kg

Tom Coach - 177cm - 79kg

James Magner - 178cm - 82kg

Edited by UTAH
  • Like 2

the only knock against this kid seems to be his hight but if his skills and speed are as good as advertised i see it as a non issue...

I believe this kid could be every bit as important to the mfc revival, if not more so than toumpas.

I would say farmer was the last properly dynamic small forward we had and thats going back a long way

I've had a bit more of a look at this kid.

174 cm - 76kg.

It does seem very small. So I thought I would compare it to other smaller players.

Brent Harvey - 172cm - 75kg

Eddie Betts - 173cm - 7kg

David Rodan - 173cm - 87kg

Jarryd Blair - 174cm - 81kg

Hayden Ballantyne - 174cm - 79kg

Ben McGlynn - 174cm - 75kg

Dayne Zorko - 175cm - 76kg

Brendon Matera - 175cm - 65kg

Dion Prestia - 175cm - 82kg

Shannon Byrnes - 175cm - 77kg

Robin Nahas - 176cm - 72kg

Steven Milne - 176cm - 83kg

Cyril Rioli - 177cm - 80kg

Aaron Davey - 177cm - 74kg

Tom Coach - 177cm - 79kg

James Magner - 178cm - 82kg

No wonder those footy shorts look so loose on Eddie all the time

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Serious star in the making. highly rated midfeilder and on baller with explosive pace and has the ability to change games. Only a small little lad at 174cm, i think he is seriously worth looking at if he falls through to pick 13 ( thats if we on't trade it lol.) also has all-austrlian honours. What do you guys think???????????

<------ can kick a good goal.....
  • Like 1

I am a huge fan of his, would no doubt go top 10 possibly even top 5 if he was 10cm taller. Would love him at the Dees.

Apart from Viney, those i'd most like to see in a demons guernsey are Kennedy, Toumpas, Hogan and Stringer.

+1

his natural ability of explosive pace and goal sense is exaclty (what i find) melbourne lack. also a very big fan of stringer.

the thing i like most about kennedy is that he was highly successful at the national champions as an under-ager and then got all-austrlian honours a year later.averaging 26 disposal a gmae if you dont mind. this show true consistancy that he can back it up and average high numbers. you know what your getting, consistancy. you know you're not going to get another cale morton who has a great year and struggles at the top level. i agree with you that the chances of him falling through to 13 maybe alittle slim however pick 4 may be abit risky. he will probably go pick 7-13

It's looking remote that we'll have pick 13/14 by the end of trade week. It's virtually a certainty that we'll trade it.

I'm not so sure of that, I very much doubt well use it for Dawes, he's not worth it and unless someone really good comes along then we'll keep it.

The only one we may need it for is Caddy and he doesn't want to play for us.

• Like 1

Any of the above.

The club is desperate to trade it for a mature body.

Dawes is only a 2nd or low 3rd round pick so we wouldn't use it on him unless it was packaged with a player from Collingwood.

A Caddy yes, but i agree in that he doesn't want to come. Don't understand why everyone thinks we have to use a first round pick to get a mature body- these players are unwanted therefore, they're not first round picks.

Any of the above.

The club is desperate to trade it for a mature body.

Do you really think Dawes is worthy of pick 13/14? As I said in another thread Dawes is superfluous to Collingwood's needs and they will be happy to get rid of him, he is now the fourth string forward behind Cloke, Lynch and Paine and that's not my opinion it's what they told Dawes. Pick swap at best.

Caddy maybe but is he that good, I've yet to see him play a good game and he was just ok against us.

As the weeks unfold there may be a few others but pick 13 will get a very good player in this draft so he would need to be good. Your choice, a player like Dawes or one of Kennedy/Stringer/O'Rourke/Vlastiun/Mayes etc?