The list - who goes at the end of the year?

Soidee

So are you saying that Neeld is looking after himself rather than the long term best result for the Club?

He isn't Gandhi.

I wouldn't want to ride headfirst into the Melbourne Kindergarten Club we will have if we get younger AGAIN in this next draft.

We might end up replacing Green, Davey (if he is done), Moloney, MacDonald, Bate, Dunn, Spencer, Jurrah (if he is done), and Petterd with teenagers...

Do you expect him to ride off that cliff with his hand over the Melbourne emblem singing the song with the spirit Norm Smith in his heart?

Get real.

He isn't Gandhi.

I wouldn't want to ride headfirst into the Melbourne Kindergarten Club we will have if we get younger AGAIN in this next draft.

We might end up replacing Green, Davey (if he is done), Moloney, MacDonald, Bate, Dunn, Spencer, Jurrah (if he is done), and Petterd with teenagers...

Do you expect him to ride off that cliff with his hand over the Melbourne emblem singing the song with the spirit Norm Smith in his heart?

Get real.

Well said rpfc. Do people really think loading the list with kiddies is still the way to go?

We already proved wrong that theory...

BALANCE.

I have some sympathy for the OP, although I support Neeld in his attempts to teach these player what finals football is all about. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

I hope we get rid of as many players as practicable. Dunn, Bate, Cook, *Gysberts, Morton, Joel MacDonald, Davey, Petterd, Green, Bennell, Fitzpatrick are simply not the future. There is presently not one Melbourne player I look forward to watching. There's not one that drags me through the gate. I watch out of loyalty and a general love of football. I simply can not get enamoured with mediocre footballers and I can never understand why supporters want to hoard rubbish. I don't understand how they get attached to ordinary footballers.

Obviously you can't get rid of senior players and replace them all with kids, but I hope there's a massive turnover. I'll back the club (again) to get the balance right between youth and experience. But I hope and pray they don't trade any of our first round picks. They can do what they like and I'll be happy as long as picks 3,4,13, and Viney come to the club. Those first three picks are our best chance to get some stars into the club.

*Gysberts is a very clever midfielder. He makes good decisions, but is terribly slow, has no endurance, and has just OK disposal. His smarts seduced me, but I've seen enough to be happy if he leaves. I don't get attached to average players. I'd like to give Neville Jetta one more year as I reckon he can play.

• Like 1

Ben Hur two attributes that you haven't listed for Gysberts which I think are real strenghts are an ability to accumulate a high number of possessions and the ability to read and get first hands on the ball at stoppages.

I understand he lacks pace, but so do many good midfielders. He is a natural ball finder and ball accumulator in a team that has so few players capable of racking up high possession tallies.

His role in the team would be to win first possession from a stoppage and to dish it out and I've seen enough poise and balance in his play to know that he can do this. Pace is not critical in this role, but I accept that he would need to improve his endurance.

He has also had injuries and has struggled for continuity in his footy. And he is only a third year player.

I would be shocked if the club delisted him, it would show a distinct lack of patience.

He's a must keep for mine.

• Like 1

*Gysberts is a very clever midfielder. He makes good decisions, but is terribly slow, has no endurance, and has just OK disposal. His smarts seduced me, but I've seen enough to be happy if he leaves. I don't get attached to average players. I'd like to give Neville Jetta one more year as I reckon he can play.

Yeah, it's a shame.

Talent isn't everything, in fact it can be nothing if you don't have the desire to get yourself in a position to exploit your talent.

I think he is in trouble.

Agree about Jetta - but I doubt he will be re-signed until late October.

Thanks, but it wasn't a question for you.

But my answer has merit. You are kidding if you think Neeld is taking the long term kiddy approach. Look at sydney. Been topping up for years and they are right up the pointy end...

I understand your point. I think the club is aware of this and is planning with those contingencies in mind.

Its all a bit like watching a car crash in slow motion isn't it!

You are making me weep...

Ben Hur two attributes that you haven't listed for Gysberts which I think are real strenghts are an ability to accumulate a high number of possessions and the ability to read and get first hands on the ball at stoppages.

I understand he lacks pace, but so do many good midfielders. He is a natural ball finder and ball accumulator in a team that has so few players capable of racking up high possession tallies.

His role in the team would be to win first possession from a stoppage and to dish it out and I've seen enough poise and balance in his play to know that he can do this. Pace is not critical in this role, but I accept that he would need to improve his endurance.

He has also had injuries and has struggled for continuity in his footy. And he is only a third year player.

I would be shocked if the club delisted him, it would show a distinct lack of patience.

He's a must keep for mine.

Good post. I agree with your view of his strengths, but I'm ambivalent towards him staying or going for the reasons I mentioned.

You cannot slice 10-12 from the list, It is just not feasable to do it in 1 year and load up with draft picks.

Richmond changed over their list by 9 in one year. Anythings possible..., there's also FA.

Bennell, Jetta, Bate, Dunn, Cook, Davey, Green, Moloney, Jurrah, Petterd, Gysberts, Fitzpatrick. Most delisted with zero trade value and possible trade of a few. All players out of contract have been told free agency has arrived and there are no commitments to anyone until after trade period. All those out of contract bar a couple (Howe) have been told they may be delisted or traded or kept. There's some real hunger around the club right now.

That's an entertaining list - Davey, Fitzpatrick and Gysberts are contracted beyond this year so they'd have to be traded.

I hope that Neeld never has Col. Frank Slade's regret - "If I were the man I was 5 years ago I'd take a flamethrower to this place".

I've got a box of matches Mark, get stuck in.

This is the point most people miss. Neeld has 2 & a bit years to get this club firing, we cannot afford to carry anyone. Those days have finished. We need to be the most ruthless of all clubs, because right now we are the worst & have been for a long time.

This is the point most people miss. Neeld has 2 & a bit years to get this club firing, we cannot afford to carry anyone. Those days have finished. We need to be the most ruthless of all clubs, because right now we are the worst & have been for a long time.

So what's the answer?????

Trade our first and second round picks for matured so so players from other clubs?? and miss out on a possible Judd,Selwood,....Brisbane made that mistake and are just getting over it.....The great players will not come to our club as they usually stay at their original club and we must be very careful...It's alright to be ruthless but you have to make sure that you are not paying Peter to pay Paul....

• Like 1

I have some sympathy for the OP, although I support Neeld in his attempts to teach these player what finals football is all about. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

I hope we get rid of as many players as practicable. Dunn, Bate, Cook, *Gysberts, Morton, Joel MacDonald, Davey, Petterd, Green, Bennell, Fitzpatrick are simply not the future. There is presently not one Melbourne player I look forward to watching. There's not one that drags me through the gate. I watch out of loyalty and a general love of football. I simply can not get enamoured with mediocre footballers and I can never understand why supporters want to hoard rubbish. I don't understand how they get attached to ordinary footballers.

Obviously you can't get rid of senior players and replace them all with kids, but I hope there's a massive turnover. I'll back the club (again) to get the balance right between youth and experience. But I hope and pray they don't trade any of our first round picks. They can do what they like and I'll be happy as long as picks 3,4,13, and Viney come to the club. Those first three picks are our best chance to get some stars into the club.

You clearly haven't watched Clark this year because he has been sensational.

So what's the answer?????

Trade our first and second round picks for matured so so players from other clubs?? and miss out on a possible Judd,Selwood,....Brisbane made that mistake and are just getting over it.....The great players will not come to our club as they usually stay at their original club and we must be very careful...It's alright to be ruthless but you have to make sure that you are not paying Peter to pay Paul....

We keep our high end picks. But the rest are there to be used. We have cap room. Some opposition players will be forced out and we must trade hard.

We cannot afford another 2-3 win season.

The recruiting between 2008-10 failed badly which was the worst thing possible. Sad but true.

We keep our high end picks. But the rest are there to be used. We have cap room. Some opposition players will be forced out and we must trade hard.

We cannot afford another 2-3 win season.

The recruiting between 2008-10 failed badly which was the worst thing possible. Sad but true.

So you want to pay overs for players that have been delisted by their clubs.....I can't see the logic here...

So you want to pay overs for players that have been delisted by their clubs.....I can't see the logic here...

No i do not wish to buy crap. We have enough already.

Free Agency makes trade week far more interesting, & we should be leading the pack as we have more holes than any other side.

No i do not wish to buy crap. We have enough already.

Free Agency makes trade week far more interesting, & we should be leading the pack as we have more holes than any other side.

So who do you think is going to come to us as a free agent?????......Most of the FA's are now being signed by their original clubs......Not a dig just want to know????

So who do you think is going to come to us as a free agent?????......Most of the FA's are now being signed by their original clubs......Not a dig just want to know????

It is honestly hard to say mate. There will be suprises.

We never thought Mitch Clark would come to us did we. Clarky may have done the club a huge favor. Opened the door.

I bet the CEO is working OT right now though.

I would be into Paul Chapman for a start. 1-2 years of Gold Experience there.