Tick tock tick tock... Neeld has 16 matches to improve

bandicoot

Malthouse took over from a struggling T.Shaw at Collingwood. Within a very short period of time, he took an average playing list to Grand Finalists for 2 consecutive years.

P.Roos took over a poor performing Swans outfit and turned them into Premiers within a short period aswell. Both team lists were average, but these coaches had the ability to turn average teams into champion teams.

And, they didn't need to bottom out, they just starting winning, and developed a winning culture almost immediately.

We want a winning culture. And if that means win win half of our games instead of 10% of our games, surely it is a better outcome.

And to answer your question, I would have selected Sheedy over Bailey, and later Malthouse over Neeld.

I am dissapointed that the club gambled our future on unproven coaches. Nobody in their right mind would second guess Sheedy or Malthouse, they are tried, tested and proven performers, 2 of the best coaches of all time.

This is probably why I am so impatient with Neeld. There are better candiates waiting in the stands that if selected, will allow us to have a better crack at the premiership in a quicker period of time.

So, we remain patient and continue the gamble with Neeld or we move decisively and hire Malthouse or Roos.

NB. I would have picked Mathews over both of them, however he was either unavailable or unmotivated.

Tonatopia, get off the bandwagon.

I wanted Roos as well, & in Fact, I led the charge on here to get him. But guess what, he's not here. And you know what else, he's not here for IMO, one reason, he didn't want to be.

He's great at reading players & teams list strengths, & IMO wouldn't want to be so masochistic as to take on our Clubs Coaching role, while the list & club are so Unprofessional.

Someone like him would want a good chance of success.

You know, let someone else do the legwork first, then he could put the finishing touches on everything.

• Like 1

Where else are they going to vent?

It's well known that club officials, players and supporters alike regularly read this website.

Not by me RR.

Not being a smart arse

What is your source?

I would doubt most of the players would even know it exists.

I think that when Neeld turns things around, it will be interesting to see how many people who are bagging him or even really judging him harshly at this early stage come alng for the ride.

I reckon one of the frustrations is clearly that someone or a number of people have to be responsible for how much we suck now, and we all know that it wasn't just Bailey (if it was Bailey at all), yet no-one has put their hand up or taken the responsibility.

But as for Neeld, I am not sold for the same reason I can't bag him.... it's too early for him to have made a positive and lasting impression. I am simply going on the logic that he is from outside of our culture and from inside successful cultures. As a sheer exercise in logic, I think it's more likely that he is not the problem!!

• Like 1

"Sours Ear" Both Malthouse and Voss commented Melbourne had one of the best lists "potentially"..in the Competition. Enter M. Neeld.

heres some earth shattering news for you ...and many others.

They were wrong.... yes these gods of footy are fallible...who'd da thunk.

By Malthouse's admission the Collingwood knowledge of Melbourne was somewhat cursory. They only delved to a depth that they had to. Neeld himself backed this notion up himself. As to Voss....his success is marginally better than Tony Shaws. Such commendation !!

I think that when Neeld turns things around, it will be interesting to see how many people who are bagging him or even really judging him harshly at this early stage come alng for the ride.

I reckon one of the frustrations is clearly that someone or a number of people have to be responsible for how much we suck now, and we all know that it wasn't just Bailey (if it was Bailey at all), yet no-one has put their hand up or taken the responsibility.

But as for Neeld, I am not sold for the same reason I can't bag him.... it's too early for him to have made a positive and lasting impression. I am simply going on the logic that he is from outside of our culture and from inside successful cultures. As a sheer exercise in logic, I think it's more likely that he is not the problem!!

I agree...posted something like this on another thread. Be interesting to look back one day :))

If things were how you thought then surely Jose would be in charge of recruiting, Rhino as CEO, and WYL would be our motivational coach...

Come on mate, don't over rate this place.

I don't see why it's so much of a stretch to think that opinions voiced on a widely read supporter website can't influence peoples' views.

Not by me RR.

Not being a smart arse

What is your source?

I would doubt most of the players would even know it exists.

Cam Schwab himself has posted on here OD.

Other than that, I can't name sources but I can say it is definitely read by some players and officials. Some of them even post on here.

I don't see why it's so much of a stretch to think that opinions voiced on a widely read supporter website can't influence peoples' views.

Other than that, I can't name sources but I can say it is definitely read by some players and officials. Some of them even post on here.

Come on mate, getting a bit carried away with your own self importance.

With how much twitter and personal lives of footy players are scrutinized do you honestly think officials and players would log on to a website to try and get an agenda about the coach off the ground?

That's just plain silly, laughable, and i think it may be time for you to put the keyboard, world of warcraft, and cheezits away and step out into the real world for a little while.

Yes I know he has RR

But it is a rare event.

But lets assume you are correct.

I struggle with the idea that what is said on here would influence anyone in their decision making at the club.

• Like 1

Come on mate, getting a bit carried away with your own self importance.

With how much twitter and personal lives of footy players are scrutinized do you honestly think officials and players would log on to a website to try and get an agenda about the coach off the ground?

That's just plain silly, laughable, and i think it may be time for you to put the keyboard, world of warcraft, and cheezits away and step out into the real world for a little while.

Demonland is a niche social media outlet read by a passionate group of supporters and employees of a particular sporting club.

Don't kid yourself. Agendas abound, particular where peoples' livelihoods are involved.

Demonland is a niche social media outlet read by a passionate group of supporters and employees of a particular sporting club.

Don't kid yourself. Agendas abound, particular where peoples' livelihoods are involved.

Funny, they didn't ask me what changes to make on a weekly basis... Maybe they only listen to us about major club decisions then....

Very foolish RR.

Believe what you want to believe, Stu.

It's up to you if you want to swallow the blue pill.

Ahhhhhhh so now RR is Morpheus and the rest of the posters here are The Matrix? Or am I Neo and your Agent Smith?

I'm not too sure, but I do know your theories have about as much plausibility as me shooting down your modem line and smacking some sense into you! (Kidding mate BTW!)

• Like 2

Did someone say Chris Scott 'going south' (Robbie 57)?

Guess if you're the reigning premiership coach there is only one way to go, but have you had a good look at Geelong?

I reckon a few clubs might be watching them fairly closely at the moment!

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

Did someone say Chris Scott 'going south' (Robbie 57)?

Guess if you're the reigning premiership coach there is only one way to go, but have you had a good look at Geelong?

I reckon a few clubs might be watching them fairly closely at the moment!

He's done that already. Geelong is the most southerly club in the comp. that's where the inspiration is.

Stuie et al, you'll find the club are well aware of what gets written on this site and some of its staff read regularly. Other the at the MCG on a weekend, there's no other place where more fans of the MFC make their thoughts known, and certainly nowhere where it's as public, so indirectly there's a lot of value to the club in sites like this. I doubt the coaches or the players read (if I were a player I'd stay the hell away - imagine if Cale Morton read the threads about him?) and I agree that coaches stealing ideas from here is far fetched, but nonetheless the club is aware of us, so people should bear that in mind when they post.

Guest Jackie

Stuie et al, you'll find the club are well aware of what gets written on this site and some of its staff read regularly. Other the at the MCG on a weekend, there's no other place where more fans of the MFC make their thoughts known, and certainly nowhere where it's as public. I doubt the coaches or the players read (if I were a player I'd stay the hell away - imagine if Cale Morton read the threads about him?) and I agree that coaches stealing ideas from here is far fetched, but nonetheless the club is aware of us, so people should bear that in mind when they post.

Then that should be an invitation to let them have it with both barrels.

Stuie et al, you'll find the club are well aware of what gets written on this site and some of its staff read regularly. Other the at the MCG on a weekend, there's no other place where more fans of the MFC make their thoughts known, and certainly nowhere where it's as public, so indirectly there's a lot of value to the club in sites like this. I doubt the coaches or the players read (if I were a player I'd stay the hell away - imagine if Cale Morton read the threads about him?) and I agree that coaches stealing ideas from here is far fetched, but nonetheless the club is aware of us, so people should bear that in mind when they post.

I have no doubt people directly involved with the club visit Demonland, I just thought this whole "agendas" thing was a bit outrageous.

Nice back-pedal there, Stu. Have you considered cycling as a profession? lol

How is that a back pedal? I said all along I'm sure people from the club read things here occasionally, but I have NO DOUBT they would not take ny of it on board enough for anyones "agenda" to gather any steam.

But nice try in trying to change what happened, ever thought about writing the "5 things we learned" column?! lol

How is that a back pedal? I said all along I'm sure people from the club read things here occasionally, but I have NO DOUBT they would not take ny of it on board enough for anyones "agenda" to gather any steam.

But nice try in trying to change what happened, ever thought about writing the "5 things we learned" column?! lol

Stu, we'll just have to agree to disagree here my friend.

I'd write a "5 things we need to un-learn" column but my guess is it would largely fly through to the keeper.

The improvements are in the approach. It is now professional and it is focussed on the underlying fundamentals, rather than some hopeful wish-thinking rhetoric about simply getting game time into skinny kids and then miraculously winning flags.

Neeld (and his regime) did not select the current stock - and, from what I've seen of him, I expect our list would look completely different had he been at the helm several years ago.

In short, this draft period is crucial. I expect Neeld will bring in a few more mature bodies, in addition to some talented young mids.

It's the gap between reality and poorly directed emotion on these threads that is really frustrating.

Blind Freddy can see where this list is at. We've also had a stack of injuries this year to key players. And our fitness levels at the start of this year were well below AFL standard according to all reports.

And yet - some people here, notwithstanding the above, expect Neeld to consistently beat other more professional AFL clubs in his first season all of whom have more elite players AND more elite fitness levels AND superior club cultures AND more experienced lists in terms of age and games played.

In short, the only mediocrity I consistently observe are some of the views expressed by certain posters on threads such as this one.

Start thinking properly.

A very well summed up analysis of where the club sits RB. I would love more supporters to be able to see this. i am encouraged by the change in attitude with the playing group. yeah the skills are ordinary and the team is playing like [censored] but they are playing a hard accountable brand of footy. the rest will change with some good drafting and recruiting.