• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

'ology

deesfan22

If I didn't know better I'd swear I was on Demonology reading a thread, any thread.

This is not a thread, its the new Demonology.

Probably best to avoid it Rob.

Unless I am clearly mistaken, you sound like you have a hard-on for 'ology.

The place is dead, and we're here now. Get over it.

Guest melbman

geez....ok,fair enough I guess...So where's the General Board on this thing?

Hiya IRW

I wondered if you'd make the trek over, always enjoyed your musings

One of the aspects to Ology that I liked was the page that showed all posts in the one spot. Here, and no disrespect to Land, it feels a bit disjointed in some ways. I never venture to the general board whereas over the road it was more intertwined, a footy thread followed by a social justice all in barny, or even both in the one thread, twas a unique place

Anyway, I hope you get something out of your time here

So I guess this is where we announce that we are coming over....or back...or whatever......

This place aint gonna know what hit it

G'day Ash

Looking forward to watching you lock horns with some of the regulars here, should be fun :-) and I agree, this place aint gonna know what hit it, not by a long shot. I think it could bring about change to Land in some evolutionary way. The beauty of Ology was far more than just the football topics and I hope that Land can accommodate it

Edit: Is Bluey here anyone? There is one poster that shares his outlook here but I think he can spell so maybe not

Edited by melbman

Unless I am clearly mistaken, you sound like you have a hard-on for 'ology.

The place is dead, and we're here now. Get over it.

Jeez Deers, dont be a [censored]. Yes, you are clearly mistaken. It was a reference to earlier posts about a "takeover"

I was having a bit of fun with a bloke who obviously understands my humour better than you do.

how about you get over yourself?

If Ology dies, too bad. I can live without it.

edit to soften language

Edited by faultydet

I post sparingly here as opposed to Ology I think I average 1 post a day here over the last 7 years whereas I posted 20 or more a day at times over there.

I only open threads that I think I might have an interest in now and those that sound like bs I just leave alone. It will be interesting to see if many come over and if they stay if Ology is resurrected. This board is just like the other you have people on here that don't like each other but they are more polite when they tell them to eff off, most of the time anyway.

Just don't get me started on our Recruiting/Darling/Cook these subjects bring the worst out in me.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 1

I post sparingly here as opposed to Ology I think I average 1 post a day here over the last 7 years whereas I posted 20 or more a day at times over there.

I only open threads that I think I might have an interest in now and those that sound like bs I just leave alone. It will be interesting to see if many come over and if they stay if Ology is resurrected. This board is just like the other you have people on here that don't like each other but they are more polite when they tell them to eff off, most of the time anyway.

Just don't get me started on our Recruiting/Darling/Cook these subjects bring the worst out in me.

as soon as the game shifts towards praying mantis style bodies, we will dominate for a decade.

edit for the "a" in Praying

is spelling important here, or do we eat each other if we have typos/mistakes?

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

what a novel idea

I guess what I was alluding to old, was that I used to read everything on Ology but on here there are so many threads opened each day you are better of picking and choosing as there is a lot of worthless crap in amongst the good stuff.

Not real hard to understand.

just out of interest, a general question about footy forums....

would demonland/demonology get more readers and posts after a win or a loss? (or good season compared to a bad season...)

just out of interest, a general question about footy forums....

would demonland/demonology get more readers and posts after a win or a loss? (or good season compared to a bad season...)

I can answer that! The day that has the most number of posts ever was September 12th 2011 (1,199 posts that day. Couldn't you slackers manage just one more?) I'm presuming this was when Neeld was appointed?

April 28th 2011 comes in 2nd while 29th comes in 4th place: this was the day of and the day after the West Coast rogering. July 30th came in third and the 31st was 6th - this was the day of and the day after 186. August 1st is also in the top 10 - I reckon if you added all the days up post 186 it'd easily be the top.

The day with the most number of posts following a win was June 19th 2011, which was when we rolled Freo by 89 points last year. This day was ranked 13th over all. After that it's a whoooole bunch of losses then the next win is somewhere in the mid 20s (I've stopped counting).

So there you have it. The average Demonland supporter moans a whole lot more about losses than he does celebrating a win.

• Like 2

So there you have it. The average Demonland supporter moans a whole lot more about losses than he does celebrating a win.

Thanks Nasher, pretty interesting! I guess we are all glass half empty.

Either that or we have a lot more "losses".

Yes, the fact that nearly the entire sample set has been in crud years hasn't helped, as we went live in 2005, post-season. Of the years Demonland has existed in this form, the only year we haven't been completely "sheet" is 2006, and the site was much smaller then. Sad isn't it?

Yes, the fact that nearly the entire sample set has been in crud years hasn't helped, as we went live in 2005, post-season. Of the years Demonland has existed in this form, the only year we haven't been completely "sheet" is 2006, and the site was much smaller then. Sad isn't it?

There's only one way we can go from here and hopefully the posting will reflect that, although most go out and celebrate when you win so they don't post.

'09-'10 draft days feature high up Nash?

(Perhaps Demonland is to blame for the MFC's output in these years?)

Draft Day 2009 (November 26th) is the highest November day by far which ranks as the 35th busiest day ever. Draft Day 2010 (November 18th) ranks 109th.

There's only one way we can go from here and hopefully the posting will reflect that, although most go out and celebrate when you win so they don't post.

Aye. Or you don't come here because you just know someone is going to want to rain on the parade about something.

It would be a shame if TGR and Bluey didn't come across. And I reckon that if the Demonology boys want to play we could just let them have their own thread and if anyone went there is would be at their own risk.

Of course, there would have to be certain limits ...

• Like 1