• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

When is the board going to act?

Guest Jackie

Looking any further than the players for the major cause of our dilemma is a massive cop out.

Looking at different games plans from last century of football, they all have one element in common. To be successful you have to care enough about your club and team-mates to go in hard and play with passion and drive.

The only people that can turn this around is the people who can actually put their foot on the leather and thats the players.

So, correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation of your post, but is what you are saying mean that you believe that the players have acted unilaterally, without an apparent cause and simply decided they won't have a go anymore? This list is not much different to the last 2 years, and while we were not living up to our KPI's then, they were nowhere near as bad as they are now.

So you are saying, there is nothing else that has affected the performance of the playing group, other than their own attitudes and lack of ability?

So, correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation of your post, but is what you are saying mean that you believe that the players have acted unilaterally, without an apparent cause and simply decided they won't have a go anymore? This list is not much different to the last 2 years, and while we were not living up to our KPI's then, they were nowhere near as bad as they are now.

So you are saying, there is nothing else that has affected the performance of the playing group, other than their own attitudes and lack of ability?

It goes much deeper than that.

What is the truth ? Is it the same truth as last year ? Poor midfield ...Poor leadership...Lack of skill and instantaneous confident play ? A failure to adhere to instruction ? A festering cancer within player ranks ? Overrated midfield downhill skier ? No star players ? Failure to adhere to instruction ?

Or all of the above ?

If they are as transparent like this there will be more questions.

The club needs our support, it's hard but IMO its a non negotiable.

Agreed support now is paramount. The truth I am requesting is about what happened last year at 186. It obviously hasnt been resolved and it continues to affect performances andis hurting the club . So I am requesting a full and frank statement of facts no matter how bad.Its about leadership.Common Don have a say get it out heal the club and move on positively. Hiding and leaving everybody making their own scenarios wont do it. Make a statement please.

2 years ago senior players had more respect, and saw potential of making final appearances. these players now have lost there captaincy, can now see they wont get a premiership at the MFC and just dont care anymore. They cant see anything worth gaining by having a dip.

It has been a domino effect, the first peice to fall was having no defensive gameplan, from there the other dominoes began to fall.

2 years ago senior players had more respect, and saw potential of making final appearances. these players now have lost there captaincy, can now see they wont get a premiership at the MFC and just dont care anymore. They cant see anything worth gaining by having a dip.

It has been a domino effect, the first peice to fall was having no defensive gameplan, from there the other dominoes began to fall.

Now you are getting warmer...

All of the above? And no doubt the organisation is the polar opposite according to all the apologists around here. The fearless heroic administration battling against the lazy gutless players.

So those who are lazy and gutless, as you so eloquently put it - stop playing them, it's the FD that need to act and be ruthless. The Boards job isn't to select the players each week. Neeld and co must back up their intentions as communicated when they took the reins.

Playin for a football club with no chance of getting a premiership would be liek going to university with no hope of getting a job after it. You wouldn't care what your uni results are or even try to get good marks.

The issue is thats the mindframe our senior players have.

The younger players due to this have no guys to look up to so are struggling.

Personally i think if the senior players are cleaned out (Maybe keep Rivers) then the younger guys will stand up on there own feet a bit more and try to take control of the situation.

Guest Jackie

So those who are lazy and gutless, as you so eloquently put it - stop playing them, it's the FD that need to act and be ruthless. The Boards job isn't to select the players each week. Neeld and co must back up their intentions as communicated when they took the reins.

Ok, so should we expect a mass cull this week?

...............The Boards job isn't to select the players each week. Neeld and co must back up their intentions as communicated when they took the reins.

That's 100% correct HT, but it doesn't just stop there. The "sum of the parts" is what impacts on any football club. A last quarter fade out as occurred with the Roos on the weekend would support your argument. A couple of good wins, which subsequently saw the playing group get too comfortable in its own skin, a la Carlton would also lend weight to your argument, but anyone who believes that our problems don't go a lot deeper into the culture of this club, is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I fear that the likes of Wilson, Sheehan, Robinson et al, will write a story over the coming week, predicated on a so-called "credible source" from within the club, which lays bare the trouble. If that occurs, before the club says anything to us (the shareholders) then it will make our situation even worse. Such "prophecies" despite their efficacy or lack of it, have a tendency of becoming self-fulfilling.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

Playin for a football club with no chance of getting a premiership would be liek going to university with no hope of getting a job after it. You wouldn't care what your uni results are or even try to get good marks.

The issue is thats the mindframe our senior players have.

The younger players due to this have no guys to look up to so are struggling.

Personally i think if the senior players are cleaned out (Maybe keep Rivers) then the younger guys will stand up on there own feet a bit more and try to take control of the situation.

Why would the club want to come out and tell the supporters that this is the issue? It would only cause more hate on the players and if anything have more of a negative impact. It will even give the younger players a glimpse of what to expect from MFC supports when they get older and if they stay loyal.

Nothing to be gained

Not saying that at all. Look at the Pies last year - a year of malthouse/buckley goings on. Yet the players still had enough pride in their performance to ignore all the crap. Whilst they say without a united front you cannot reach the ultimate goal, the players are ultimately the guys who chase the footy. CS and MN cant kick the footy for the players.

• Like 1

I'm sure their opinion will change once the paychecks stop arriving, which is a very likely situation for a number of them at year’s end.

I wouldn't think a number of media opportunities would present themselves for players that are no longer respected in their industry.

And as for financial contacts met within the MFC, unlikely to be presented to players who don't give a toss about the club.

These players are doing more damage to themselves than just destroying their reputation.

Ok, so should we expect a mass cull this week?

I wouldn't know but that said I'd be right on selective and make a statement for those who you eloquently describe.

If anyone is to "make a statement", let it be made at the selection table.

Agreed support now is paramount. The truth I am requesting is about what happened last year at 186. It obviously hasnt been resolved and it continues to affect performances andis hurting the club . So I am requesting a full and frank statement of facts no matter how bad.Its about leadership.Common Don have a say get it out heal the club and move on positively. Hiding and leaving everybody making their own scenarios wont do it. Make a statement please.

It was swept under the carpet at the AGM and needs to be addressed. A lot like to call players gutless so how about this from the President and CEO get some spine and address the issues that are obviously still at the club. What happened in 2011 is carried through to this season.

I was so positive about the future after 2010, we should be sitting with Adelaide and Essendon, one year ahead of the Tiges but look where we are.

Not saying that at all. Look at the Pies last year - a year of malthouse/buckley goings on. Yet the players still had enough pride in their performance to ignore all the crap. Whilst they say without a united front you cannot reach the ultimate goal, the players are ultimately the guys who chase the footy. CS and MN cant kick the footy for the players.

Once again, it seems to me that your saying this crisis is all down to the players. You state the obvious in what you say. However, what I am seeking is the cause. If you are correct, then we stand out like a boil on a white arse, in comparison to the rest of the competition.

"Expect to see the start of some off-field changes at Melbourne this week.

I have it on reliable information that a 42-year-old, self-made, semi-retired multi-millionaire from down Geelong way has already been approached about taking over as CEO."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/blogs/harden-up/and-the-winner-errr-loser-iswell-im-not-too-sure-20120521-1z07v.html#ixzz1vTN0d8PR

Once again, it seems to me that your saying this crisis is all down to the players. You state the obvious in what you say. However, what I am seeking is the cause. If you are correct, then we stand out like a boil on a white arse, in comparison to the rest of the competition.

Iva the cause is that the MFC Board gave strict instructions to the FD to not put certain players in the leadership group under any circumstance. Following the divisions caused by the Schwab/FD situation last year.

Amazing how these same players can accept a 2012 pay cheque.

I am sure it is more far reaching than the players but to repeat myself the players are professionally paid athletes and need to stand up.

Do we believe that changing boards/admins/coaches etc will see a change in fortunes ? if this is the case then our players are even weaker than i thought

Guest Jackie

I wouldn't know but that said I'd be right on selective and make a statement for those who you eloquently describe.

If anyone is to "make a statement", let it be made at the selection table.

Somehow I doubt it. One or two might be dropped along with a couple of weekly rotating door types. Same old, same old.

I am sure it is more far reaching than the players but to repeat myself the players are professionally paid athletes and need to stand up.

Do we believe that changing boards/admins/coaches etc will see a change in fortunes ? if this is the case then our players are even weaker than i thought

No, I don't believe that for a minute. I just believe we need to identify the root cause of this mess and deal with it asap. Again, this debacle goes beyond simply pointing the finger at the playing group.

Guest Jackie

Iva the cause is that the MFC Board gave strict instructions to the FD to not put certain players in the leadership group under any circumstance. Following the divisions caused by the Schwab/FD situation last year.

We were told players were selected for leadership on their merits and that all medling into FD issues has stopped. Looking further back it seems that players that had had concerns with admin and above have had their careers terminated or stalled. Smells like sick power tripping going on here.

Edited by Jackie

That makes a lot of sense.