• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Potential Shopping List

felixdacat

I think our realistic targets, based on our needs, would be:

Ricky Dyson - a better kick than anyone in our back 6. Has improved a lot from what I saw against the Eagles. I don't expect to him to be a regular at Essendon once they get everyone back from injury.

Josh Hunt - probably too old but could play a role for 2 years as the 'quarterback' with A+ kicking. Then again, might only stifle Strauss' development.

Clinton Young - I would be throwing everything at this bloke. Outside class we so desparately need. Like the Sewell comments, I couldn't really see Hawthorn being able to match a 3 year, $400k a year type deal. Might even be one like Sydney with Mumford where you have to take a risk and offer a longer contract (such as 4 years) to really entice him.

Shannon Byrnes - Certainly no star but might provide just as much as Aaron Davey, and would come at half the price.

Really reaching for the stars here, WJD...

Live the dream!

DYSON 2013!

What's Sidebottom's contract status? Always felt he could be pendlebury like.

From the list would look at Ricky Dyson (Great left foot kick, don't have any ATM)

Sidebottom is out of contract (i believe) and has been mentioned as the real target by many on here when we push up Clokes price tag

I think our realistic targets, based on our needs, would be:

Ricky Dyson - a better kick than anyone in our back 6. Has improved a lot from what I saw against the Eagles. I don't expect to him to be a regular at Essendon once they get everyone back from injury.

Josh Hunt - probably too old but could play a role for 2 years as the 'quarterback' with A+ kicking. Then again, might only stifle Strauss' development.

Clinton Young - I would be throwing everything at this bloke. Outside class we so desparately need. Like the Sewell comments, I couldn't really see Hawthorn being able to match a 3 year, $400k a year type deal. Might even be one like Sydney with Mumford where you have to take a risk and offer a longer contract (such as 4 years) to really entice him.

Shannon Byrnes - Certainly no star but might provide just as much as Aaron Davey, and would come at half the price.

Dont rate Hunt or Dyson personally.

Byrnes could be the small forward we just dont have and could be jus tas easy as offering a decent contract and the option of game time!!

young could be interesting, nice enough player but by no means is he untouchable at Hawthorn, would he be that good at Melbourne?

Sorry, w

Not necessarily against going after Chapman or Foley for that matter, but Fisher? Our backs are about the only settled line on the list. Experienced midfielders with leadership, pacey outside mids with good foot skills, a small forward and probably another KP forward (wouldn't say no to Cloke).

Settled? Frawley struggles a little with the bigger boys. So we could use a Big body of class like Fisher. and he is a better attacking option than Frawls.

But we do have McDonald, Davis coming through followed by cook.

But I think I'd rather McDonald playing forward, after a couple of years down back, by 2014.... Cook for me @ CHB...

Chappy has the anger & composure & the leadership we so desperately need to learn from a winner. I'd clear out all the older players except maybe Jamar, all the way back to Rivers, and recruit a couple of older winners with $$$$, Chappy, Corey, maybe a Sewell, or Scotland.

But keep up the drafting, with early picks on class kids.

It's the 'Off Culture', we have to retire from our list.

Edited by dee-luded

Settled? Frawley struggles a little with the bigger boys. So we could use a Big body of class like Fisher. and he is a better attacking option than Frawls.

But we do have McDonald, Davis coming through followed by cook.

But I think I'd rather McDonald playing forward, after a couple of years down back, by 2014.... Cook for me @ CHB...

Chappy has the anger & composure & the leadership we so desperately need to learn from a winner. I'd clear out all the older players except maybe Jamar, all the way back to Rivers, and recruit a couple of older winners with $$$$, Chappy, Corey, maybe a Sewell, or Scotland.

But keep up the drafting, with early picks on class kids.

It's the 'Off Culture', we have to retire from our list.

Why does everyone want to switch Cook and Mcdonald i just dont see it?

Cooks hands i have seen first hand and his kicking is great

Mcdonald is as solid as i could have hoped own back for a 20yo.......and is big

just dont get it

• Like 1

Yep. Neither. Cook should play forward. McDonald should be playing down back. Why stuff around with what is working? McDonald isn't a great kick. Cook is a beautiful kick generally, just hasn't earned a game yet.

Do not touch him that is my advice, I know we have a choir boy image and people think that is why we stayed away from Darling but that is not the main reason not to. Also body could break at any time the way Kerry plays. He is starting to look sore in the last couple of games and the same happened toward the end of last season.

I think he will become sorer sooner into seasons in the next year or two and will struggle to get out on the track and get his best football. Cons outweigh the pros for me

We want players who are gonna be sore after a game, it means they work hard and arnt after easy balls. Its exactly what the MFC needs, a player who is sore after a game! the issue now is that none of our players are ever generally sore after a game as they dont go hard enough! They could learn a thing or 2 of the guy if we pick him up.

I wouldn't mind trying Cook down back. He played a few games for NB in the TAC cup at CHB, plus we desperately need a few more players with good decision-making and disposal by foot, as we are currently seriously lacking in these departments.

• Like 1

I've got a novel idea, how about we develop our own ?

I appreciate that clubs such as Sydney have been successful in recycling players, but I'm of the belief that we do have decent core talent even if we're presently at the base stage of getting them to play the way Neeld wants them to. We have a multitude of top 20 picks that clubs such as Sydney haven't been exposed to, which is why they cherry pick from other clubs. They'd turn Stefan Martin into their own version of Leigh Brown. It wouldn't be long before they'd have Cale Morton playing a damaging role as a 194cm swing-man and the football world would be saying "how did Melbourne let this guy go ?".

If Travis Cloke fell into our lap I'd be all for it, but in the main the good clubs develop from within.

• Like 1

We want players who are gonna be sore after a game, it means they work hard and arnt after easy balls. Its exactly what the MFC needs, a player who is sore after a game! the issue now is that none of our players are ever generally sore after a game as they dont go hard enough! They could learn a thing or 2 of the guy if we pick him up.

Are you serious, do you think a supporter would suggest he wouldn't want a player who runs himself into the ground.

Let me explain it a bit better for you, Kerr is starting games sore his body is almost shot and it is a struggle for him to get out on the park.

Yep. Neither. Cook should play forward. McDonald should be playing down back. Why stuff around with what is working? McDonald isn't a great kick. Cook is a beautiful kick generally, just hasn't earned a game yet.

We have another one at Casey, Jai Sheahan who is an A grade kick playing in defence as part of his development. I think he will be a player, a tall who can play forward or back and has also been used in the ruck at TAC level.

Why does everyone want to switch Cook and Mcdonald i just dont see it?

Cooks hands i have seen first hand and his kicking is great

Mcdonald is as solid as i could have hoped own back for a 20yo.......and is big

just dont get it

I'd prefer the great field kicking down back setting Up the plays. I don't think Cook has the aggression to play forward, not at this stage anyway. he's a little slow on foot, But has great vision & play reading, for good options. The skills to carry out setting up.

I'd prefer the hard running & more aggressive McDonald forward in a couple of seasons time, who could play like a Schwartz style.

David Neitz says hello.

I'd prefer the great field kicking down back setting Up the plays. I don't think Cook has the aggression to play forward, not at this stage anyway. he's a little slow on foot, But has great vision & play reading, for good options. The skills to carry out setting up.

I'd prefer the hard running & more aggressive McDonald forward in a couple of seasons time, who could play like a Schwartz style.

David Neitz says hello.

All good points deluded,

Would Neitz have been better if he played forward for his whole career? we were suck in that we lacked tall men down back forcing on hand at that stage.

I think Cook has more than enough weapons up forward, but you are right about Mcdonald, his athletic ability would suit him playing up front, he is one of my favourites