Show some hurt, Dees: Darcy

praha

Guest José Mourinho

What about the ones that have just played in the match Nasher? Is it too much for the supporters to ask that they not stand around on the field with [censored]-eating grins on their faces, chatting it up with their opponents, after we've just watch them get pummeled all afternoon?

You don't think that's an overexaggeration?

No I don't JM

The thoughts RR expressed are the same as mine when I saw the end of the game on replay.

In fact I replayed it to make sure I was not just disappointed with the result and imagining it.

I don't think so. Is it every player that does it? No. But unfortunately they all get tarred with the same brush by the ones who seemingly couldn't care less.

Look it's not that hard. Just shake hands and get off the f...k..ng ground!

• Like 3

I don't think so. Is it every player that does it? No. But unfortunately they all get tarred with the same brush by the ones who seemingly couldn't care less.

Look it's not that hard. Just shake hands and get off the f...k..ng ground!

You have my vote

No one knows how the players feel inside about the losses nor do we know what is being said to them by opposition on the ground that may ellicit a smile. A lot of these footballers have been team-mates on overseas trips, TAC or even traded/dumped from the club originally - they wish each well and have a 1 minute catch up.

On the other hand - I want them to be hurting as badly as I am and have the same stone faced glazed over look that I get after shameful performances.

Kind Regards

Mr 50 cents each way.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that most of them can look the opposition in the eye after those kinds of performances, let alone engage in chit-chat ..how do they look each other in the eye after that, or neeld for that matter ?!

A bloke at work reckons its like catching a bloke with your wife and then shaking his hand LOL - probably going too far but footy is an emotional game - at laest for the supporters!

One common complaint from us this year has been the seeming lack of passion and enthusiasm, so I would think we would need to be showing more hurt and disappointment, which are the first steps towards a more steely resolve.

To me, that is the emotional part of the rebuilding that goes hand in hand with the rebuilding of the gameplan etc.

• Like 1

I prefered Ricky Petterd's reaction after he missed that mark in the goal square in Round 2 in 2010 when he punched the ground. I don't mind a quick chat after the game, but after a thrashing i would rather see some real emotion. All that work for no reward.

like a lot of the coaches going off their heads, Rocket and Bomber said on 360 that a lot of the time that is a shot of earlier and they play it after a mistake.

That's really lame.

I prefered Ricky Petterd's reaction after he missed that mark in the goal square in Round 2 in 2010 when he punched the ground. I don't mind a quick chat after the game, but after a thrashing i would rather see some real emotion. All that work for no reward.

When you're thrashed you know it's coming; those narrow losses hurt more at the moment the final siren sounds because you've had some belief you could win.

You don't have belief you can win at the 25 min mark of the last quarter when you're 10 goals down, so the final siren isn't so crushing.

At least this threads serves a purpose to divide those with a modicum of perspective from those that are completely out of touch with reality.

Now to figure out which one is which...

If you heard Neeld on SEN on Saturday morning you would know that he thought it was an issue worth raising with the players concerned so I take you count yourself in the group who are completely out of touch with reality?

• Like 1

That's really lame.

When you're thrashed you know it's coming; those narrow losses hurt more at the moment the final siren sounds because you've had some belief you could win.

You don't have belief you can win at the 25 min mark of the last quarter when you're 10 goals down, so the final siren isn't so crushing.

i know that too well mate...But you still should be knackered and disappointed

Don't get me wrong a kick pat on the back is cool as....but not a get together in the centre

If you heard Neeld on SEN on Saturday morning you would know that he thought it was an issue worth raising with the players concerned so I take you count yourself in the group who are completely out of touch with reality?

I heard it...Mark was not too thrilled.

Guest José Mourinho

Not necessarily.

Neeld has learnt in a very short time that what you say behind closed doors is very different to what you say to the media and when pandering to the supporters.

Not necessarily.

Neeld has learnt in a very short time that what you say behind closed doors is very different to what you say to the media and when pandering to the supporters.

So when Neeld contradicts something you've said he is just pandering to the supporters?

Guest José Mourinho

So when Neeld contradicts something you've said he is just pandering to the supporters?

Once again, not necessarily.

But in this instance, I think yes.

Once again, not necessarily.

But in this instance, I think yes.

Wow, OK I'll be sure to check in with you whenever anyone from the club makes any public statements so I should know whether to believe them or whether they are just pandering to the supporters. Keep in mind his SEN interview was Saturday morning so I doubt he would have jumped on Demonland between the end of the game and midday Saturday to get an idea of what the supporters thought.

How about this, maybe he is a hard-arsed coach that isn't happy when underperforming players (one who was a no. 1 draft pick and who he has already given a kick up the arse through the media pre-season) sit yucking it up in the stands while the team they can't get a game for is being walloped from pillar to post week after week. But of course that would mean that you were wrong, so, you know, that's completely unlikely.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Wow, OK I'll be sure to check in with you whenever anyone from the club makes any public statements so I should know whether to believe them or whether they are just pandering to the supporters. Keep in mind his SEN interview was Saturday morning so I doubt he would have jumped on Demonland between the end of the game and midday Saturday to get an idea of what the supporters thought.

How about this, maybe he is a hard-arsed coach that isn't happy when underperforming players (one who was a no. 1 draft pick and who he has already given a kick up the arse through the media pre-season) sit yucking it up in the stands while the team they can't get a game for is being walloped from pillar to post week after week. But of course that would mean that you were wrong, so, you know, that's completely unlikely.

Look, I'm sure Neeld will talk to the boys and let them know that appearances mean a lot to supporters, so they need to watch their body language and the image they project in public, especially during a loss.

But Neeld would be on the inside and already know exactly how much these players care about winning, and dislike losing.

Simply, appearances can be deceiving, and I don't think the desire to win and take losses seriously is something Neeld wouldn't already be abreast of.

Edited by José Mourinho

But Neeld would be on the inside and already know exactly how much these players care about winning, and dislike losing.

Look I'm not looking to argue for the sake of it but is that really the case? Does Sylvia really dislike losing? Does Watts? Wasn't there a quote in 2010 or 2011 from Watts saying that losing doesn't matter? They need to not just dislike losing, they need to despise it.

Guest José Mourinho

Look I'm not looking to argue for the sake of it but is that really the case? Does Sylvia really dislike losing? Does Watts? Wasn't there a quote in 2010 or 2011 from Watts saying that losing doesn't matter? They need to not just dislike losing, they need to despise it.

You're misquoting Watts and taking him out of context.

As for the rest, I think looks can be deceiving.

So many here judging the club and players on the basis of empty gestures and meaningless external appearances.

"empty gestures and meaningless external appearances" sounds a lot like the way we play. Only winners can be grinners on game day.

"empty gestures and meaningless external appearances" sounds a lot like the way we play. Only winners can be grinners on game day.

I've had long term relationships based on less .

For it to happen two weeks in a row is not a good look. I can guarantee if the camera was pointed at me at any stage during the game I would not be smiling or joking around.

If I were on the team I might even take a notebook to try and work out why we are so bloody terrible.

I don't think the majority of the players actually give a shyte to be honest and that's what really really annoys the c rap out of me. These guys are ruining the team (in the short and long term) before our very eyes every single week - it is not acceptable at all.

See that's why your not playing professional sport you're taking it much to seriously.

You're misquoting Watts and taking him out of context.

Actually not - I was disappointed with Watts comments on losing and put it down to a dumb thing for a 20 year old to say.A footballer has to move on from a defeat to prepare for the next week but I believe that a footballers makeup must contain a healthy dose of a love for winning with also an equal loathing of losing.

I'm in two minds regarding displays of emotion after the siren has gone and what it all means.

I am of singular mind when I say I want our boys hating to lose a single contest, quarter or game. I am not convinced that all our boys do.

• Like 3