Attn: MFC Senior Players ... Is Losing Fun?

Range Rover

Moneyball could pass for an MFC biopic...in terms of the layers of crap.

It sure looked fun to Watts and Martin up in the stands. Second week in a row Watts has been spotted having a jolly time of it while his side gets annihilated, although that criticism was labelled "pathetic". I guess at least Wattsy watched the game. Col Sylvia would've been out back watching his favourite DVD.

Possibly Moneyball.

• Like 3

Guest José Mourinho

Moneyball could pass for an MFC biopic...in terms of the layers of crap.

It sure looked fun to Watts and Martin up in the stands. Second week in a row Watts has been spotted having a jolly time of it while his side gets annihilated, although that criticism was labelled "pathetic". I guess at least Wattsy watched the game. Col Sylvia would've been out back watching his favourite DVD.

Possibly Moneyball.

I'd still label the above criticism pathetic.

I think as a group of players this lot are the most disappointing because it just doesn't seem to worry them.

On mmm tonight they were asking the question, why are the Melbourne players still out on the ground chatting with the opposition well after the game finished, well why we're they. I saw Stef Martin and Jack Watts walking along together at half time sharing a joke and all smiles; we had just been humiliated yet again by the Hawks in the second quarter but it didn't seem to matter to them.

The supporters care, the coaches care, but the players don't seem to. Are our players professional; not on your life.

I'd still label the above criticism pathetic.

Didn't see a Melbourne member there tonight having fun - we feel bad. It's not ok for Melbourne players (selected or not) to have an attitude that allows them to have a jolly time. Completely reasonable criticism.

• Like 4

Guest José Mourinho

So you don't think the players should at least give the outward appearance they give a [censored]? Even if they probably don't.

Be a bit realistic.

We did actually kick goals and look good at times.

We even led at quarter time.

I think that entitles the players watching in the crowd to crack a smile from time to time.

Didn't see a Melbourne member there tonight having fun - we feel bad. It's not ok for Melbourne players (selected or not) to have an attitude that allows them to have a jolly time. Completely reasonable criticism.

Difference is we pay them to play crap football and have a bit of a laugh, they actually get paid for the [censored] show they put on for us, or in the case of Martin and Watts they get paid for watching it must be a huge joke.

Guest José Mourinho

It's rare to find a happy supporter after any loss.

Pretty sure you would've had a happy face during the game when we were kicking goals in the first quarter.

But we can't let the watching players have the same experience?

I saw Blease walking outside the ground with some mates 10 or so minutes after the final siren. Surely even non-playing players are requried in the rooms after the game?

Agree with Watts and co laughing it up while the side gets smashed on the field. Didn't see it tonight but did last week and thought it was pathetic. The side is getting pumped he has been dropped to the VFL and he is having a laugh while the supporters get more and more frustrated and angry. But he was quoted as saying a couple of years back that "losing doesn't matter." Not to single Watts out but it seems indicative of the whole playing group.

As for chatting out on the ground after the game - I appreciated these guys may have mates in other teams or whatever but surely they can catch up behind closed doors. Shake hands after the siren sure but don't stand out there in full view of demoralised supporters back-slapping and yakking it up with the opposition that just made you look like fools (again) - there's plenty of time to catch up later on at Boutique, CQ or in Sylvia's case Spearmint Rhino.

• Like 2

Be a bit realistic.

I think that entitles the players watching in the crowd to crack a smile from time to time.

As I said I saw them walking back from the members at half time after hawthorn had torn us a new one in the second, not a lot to laugh about there.

Be a bit realistic.

It wasn't at quarter time, Jose. It was when we were being dismembered. Thats the reality we have to be "realistic" about.

Ain't it fun when you take care of number one

Oh ain't it fun when you feel like you just gotta get a gun

Ain't it fun when you just can't seem to find your tongue

'Cause you stuck it too deep into something that really stung

It's such fun

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

As I said I saw them walking back from the members at half time after hawthorn had torn us a new one in the second, not a lot to laugh about there.

It wasn't at quarter time, Jose. It was when we were being dismembered. Thats the reality we have to be "realistic" about.

Fair enough. I didn't see any of that.

It still doesn't worry me much though.

Laughing is strictly illegal when the team is losing. I, for one, have never laughed, cracked a smile or even had a mildly amused twinkle in my eye when we're getting smashed.

Do ya think they're cracking smiles and having amusing twinkles in their eyes cause they can't believe how inept we are?

sorry watts was just saying how small your (yes you reading this post) man-gina is

WORST STORY EVER.

i hated losing tonight but my god even i was laughing at a joke i heard tonight at half time

maybe jack was retelling it

what has 9 arms and sucks..............

def leppard...

• Like 1