Neeld to be on Ox's show tonight.

jayceebee31

Thanks HG between you and Stuie we know you are among the Neeld haters. Our coach who has coached 4 games but hasn't yet turned around a culture and list that has been dishonest and underachieving for years.

He is doing his bit for the club in all facets media included.

I don't post alot but do read alot. Jose has recently provided a voice of reason and has rightly challenged the doubters. Its easy to sit outside and snipe at our 4 game coach from behind a keyboard. Harder to have the courage to back up and stay positive as Jose has repeatedly done.

Do you really know what is going on inside the club? Just because Neeld does media that means his coaching is rubbish?

Firstly I do not hate Neeld so your presumption is wrong. Secondly yes I do know a fair amount of what goes on inside the club as my brother plays in the senior side, not that I'm willing to elaborate on anything too much. Thirdly my opinion was my opinion, it wasn't put up for a personal attack, I like most of you just want to see improvement and demon victories, nothing wrong with that. Mark is actually a nice genuine fella but before all the happenings of late he was heard regularly, whether it was a beat up for the supporters I don't know. At a time when other new coaches were quiet. Anyway he is doing a good job and I have a right to have my opinion. Move on.

What gets me is if the guy didn't talk we'd be saying WTF who is this bloke and wheres his closet

a Scott twins or Worsfold approach, steely, unrelenting and unchallenged would be preferred of which Neeld has met two of these personalities so far for mine

But the other.... will only come with success onfield

Rgds

Freud

Guest José Mourinho

Firstly I do not hate Neeld so your presumption is wrong. Secondly yes I do know a fair amount of what goes on inside the club as my brother plays in the senior side, not that I'm willing to elaborate on anything too much. Thirdly my opinion was my opinion, it wasn't put up for a personal attack, I like most of you just want to see improvement and demon victories, nothing wrong with that. Mark is actually a nice genuine fella but before all the happenings of late he was heard regularly, whether it was a beat up for the supporters I don't know. At a time when other new coaches were quiet. Anyway he is doing a good job and I have a right to have my opinion. Move on.

I imagine, that in your opinion the other new coaches were relatively unheard of, because you probably weren't hanging on their every word as a demon supporter.

Neeld has said no more or no less than any other normal coach would in the same situations.

As nutbean said - HG's post was deliberately provocative so it was asking for a snide response. People will respond at the same level as the post they're responding to; a mindless, derogatory post will get a mindless, derogatory response. It's like poking at a bear in a cage then wondering why it tried to tear your arm off.

If you post in a rational, sensible manner then mostly you'll be treated in kind - and you'll get a lot more sympathy from the mods if someone does happen to fly off the handle at you (those who bring it on themselves get none). Have a look in the Viney thread at the discussion between Jose, 1858, old55 et al for how productive a disagreement can be when all involved behave like adults.

It wasn't provocative at all and I don't condone personal attacks either, nor should you. My opinion dates back and is a combination of frustration and wanting my team to do well. Head down, ar$e up. And for what it's worth I do feel that I do bring some good to this forum from time to time as I'm involved with the club.

Next time I get frustrated with certain matters I will be sure not to post it just incase it's too precious. As you mention posting in a rationale, sensible manner then maybe you should take that to every other thread.

It wasn't provocative at all and I don't condone personal attacks either, nor should you. My opinion dates back and is a combination of frustration and wanting my team to do well. Head down, ar$e up. And for what it's worth I do feel that I do bring some good to this forum from time to time as I'm involved with the club.

Next time I get frustrated with certain matters I will be sure not to post it just incase it's too precious. As you mention posting in a rationale, sensible manner then maybe you should take that to every other thread.

If you are going to hoist yourself upon the cross, you might want to wait for a better post than this...

Neeld loves the sound of his own voice. We don't want to hear u coach, we want to see it.

I imagine, that in your opinion the other new coaches were relatively unheard of, because you probably weren't hanging on their every word as a demon supporter.

Neeld has said no more or no less than any other normal coach would in the same situations.

I was referring to earlier pre season. Well my opinion is he has been heard more. I live in a house full of saints and doggies supporters who said the same thing. Anyway all good, life goes on, we all want the same thing. Been enjoying your posts but I will not stand for a personal attack just because you disagree. All the best, go dees.

Guest José Mourinho

Regardless of whether you think he's all talk or not, if you do actually listen to the things he says, I think you have to be confident he has the right idea and attitude, at least.

Now he just needs to implement it.

I found his presser from yesterday quite interesting, although it does drag on for 10 mins.

Guest José Mourinho

I was referring to earlier pre season. Well my opinion is he has been heard more. I live in a house full of saints and doggies supporters who said the same thing. Anyway all good, life goes on, we all want the same thing. Been enjoying your posts but I will not stand for a personal attack just because you disagree. All the best, go dees.

Although he was dealing with:

- jurrah's arrest

- jim stynes' passing

- accusations by Mifsud

- criticism for being "too real" in a post-match presser that he is obligated to give

That's a bit rich - I don't think he was looking for the cameras.

The journos were chasing him.

The other coaches have given pressers, just there's largely no one there.

Remember when we were still at the junction, and Jim Stynes & Dean Bailey were bribing journos to attend by offering out bottles of wine?

maybe you don't...

And I've said it before - journos are a lazy bunch.

Why venture to footscray or frankston, when you can just pop over a few blocks and get a story from the dees?

They're probably there already cos of all the coverage they do of Collingwood - why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

That's exactly what they do, and it leads to a boost in coverage.

• Like 2

Regardless of whether you think he's all talk or not, if you do actually listen to the things he says, I think you have to be confident he has the right idea and attitude, at least.

Now he just needs to implement it.

I found his presser from yesterday quite interesting, although it does drag on for 10 mins.

I think he's doing a great job, good bloke. Agree with you fully. With a bit of luck with injuries and recruiting all will be good.

Neeld loves the sound of his own voice. We don't want to hear u coach, we want to see it.

I want to see "it" too, what is "it"?

Although he was dealing with:

- jurrah's arrest

- jim stynes' passing

- accusations by Mifsud

- criticism for being "too real" in a post-match presser that he is obligated to give

That's a bit rich - I don't think he was looking for the cameras.

The journos were chasing him.

The other coaches have given pressers, just there's largely no one there.

Remember when we were still at the junction, and Jim Stynes & Dean Bailey were bribing journos to attend by offering out bottles of wine?

maybe you don't...

And I've said it before - journos are a lazy bunch.

Why venture to footscray or frankston, when you can just pop over a few blocks and get a story from the dees?

They're probably there already cos of all the coverage they do of Collingwood - why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

That's exactly what they do, and it leads to a boost in coverage.

Yes the media love us no doubt, always guaranteed something from us!!

I see your points above, and I must give credit where it's due, but once again I was referring to well before those events. I can't wait until the NAB draft!!!

Guest José Mourinho

I see your points above, and I must give credit where it's due, but once again I was referring to well before those events. I can't wait until the NAB draft!!!

Fair enough, I do remember your credentials.

But I'm not so sure he could have been judged before the season began.

Anyway, I have faith in him.

Let's hope it's well-placed.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I do remember your credentials.

But I'm not so sure he could have been judged before the season began.

Anyway, I have faith in him.

Let's hope it's well-placed.

Faith and hope definitely. This years draft is crucial to us, I really can't wait for it. Anyway all the best and hope we see a demon victory soon, hopefully vs Collingwood!

One thing about Neeldy is he can't tell a joke - at least not in a presser. In the interview posted above he has about his fourth crack at the "can't say anything about team selection or will cop a $10, 000 fine" line. Perhaps next time he'll nail the delivery (by the way before anyone gets all red faced and upset this is not some veiled dig - i'm a Neeld fan)

One thing about Neeldy is he can't tell a joke - at least not in a presser. In the interview posted above he has about his fourth crack at the "can't say anything about team selection or will cop a $10, 000 fine" line. Perhaps next time he'll nail the delivery (by the way before anyone gets all red faced and upset this is not some veiled dig - i'm a Neeld fan)

He's a weapon of war, Neeldy. You wheel him out only when you want to blow up young footballers' egos, so you can't expect him to have super humour.

both Bails and Danners had very dry senses of humour and very funny.

I vividly remember when danners was asked about decisions given against Farmer by the umpire and he said he cant say anything due to fines that could be levied. Farmer had given the umpires a massive spray. He was then asked what he said to Farmer and danners replied - Jeff was telling the umpires what they were doing and i told Jeff " dont you think three field umpires is more than enough ?"

He's a weapon of war, Neeldy. You wheel him out only when you want to blow up young footballers' egos, so you can't expect him to have super humour.

Yes and he hasn't really had the sort of start to a new career that would leave him in the best of humor

Well, the following looks pretty much in the present tense to me:

" loves the sound of his own voice. We don't want to hear u coach, we want to see it."

What position does your brother play?