• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Exciting to watch Demons over the years

Bobby McKenzie

David Schwarz (before he was the Ox ) was the most exciting player I can remember in red and blue. Tassie Johnson just because every time he kicked out the centre circle was in danger. Jim Stynes because he played the game from a different perspective.

I was too young to see Barassi at his best but there was still an aura around him every time he went out. Stan Alves evasive skills were something to watch.

Davey at his peak and hopefully Jurrah

I have come up with a list of the most exciting players to represent the MFC. This list is not necessarily our best ever players but ones who were capable of dazzling, creative footy that could turn a game in minutes. The solid, hard working guys don't come under consideration in this case. Those below are not listed in any particular order but just so exciting to watch.

Don Williams, Ron Barassi, Geoff Tunbridge, Laurie Mithen, Jeff Farmer, Bob McKenzie, Robert Flower, Stephen Tingay, Adem Yze, Travis Johnstone, Frank Adams, Stan Alves, Todd Viney, Aaron Davey, Sean Wight, Alan Johnson, Peter Vardy, Glen Lovett, Gary Lyon, Gary Hardeman, David Neitz, David Schwarz, Hassa Mann, Jim Stynes, Russell Robertson, Steven Stretch, Big Bob Johnson and Allen Jakovich.

Who have I left out that should be there? Please feel free to contribute your thoughts.

What about Rodney Grinter for his toughness and Carl Ditterich - if only for the trail of destruction in his last game against Collingwood. Let's not forget Mark Jackson while we're at it - no, on second thoughts let's forget all about him.

Edited by Crawf52

Robbie Flower's the most exciting Demon I've seen . By a street .

Back in the day most of our games weren't "On the replay" so many of Robbie's great exploits weren't captured . We were sometimes the "3rd" game televised and we were often confined to "The late replay" . Many times with with the "electrifying" commentary of Bill Twomey !

Cheers

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

I'm going to add two future excitement machines ( disclaimer - they have to grow and build on the glimpses they have provided)

Sam Blease - I think he has done it maybe 5 times in his brief career - those flat out after jets on runs bouncing the ball. Got my pulse racing. When Jetta of the swans does it too.

Jeremy Howe - will take mark of the year in his career - enough said

We have left one out of the list of current excitement machines - how quickly we have forgotten and how I yearn for those days. Flash in his first 3 years grabbing the ball and taking off - didnt need to dispose because he knew no one could catch him.

Flash is on my original list.

LJ is the one that I have most anticipated watching when turning up on game day. Makes me sad. Old skool Davey was pretty good too

robbo would have to have the best highlight reel of the lot though

Edited by Curry & Beer

Barry Vagg, Warren Dean, "Doc" Roet, Stuart Spencer, Ian Ridley, John Lord, Laurie Fowler, Frank Davis, John Beckwith and Tony Sullivan to name a few more. I like defenders.

What a half back line that was - Sullivan, Hardeman, Davis. Couldnt win a game but what a half back line !

Guest Thomo

I remember in that infamous game against the Pies - where he kicked 10 and we beat them - pure wizardry.

But you are touching on a very good point - One thing I think we have done very poorly in the past is "sell" our players.

MFC players biggest critics are sadly MFC "supporters" and I use the term "supporters" very loosely.

Imagine if we could some how conjure up the ability to supporter our boys thru thick & thin ... maybe, just maybe the more kids in the school yards would want to be like them. You only have to go to any MFC game and listen to how the people in red & blue refer to their own. Its embarrassing to take your kids & their friends.

I strongly disagree. Almost 50 years without a premiership, probably level with St Kilda and Fitzroy as the worst team of the last 50 years, almost killed by poor administration a couple of times, poor selection of coaches, pathetic facilities, poorly managed finances, and still have 35,000 members pay up each year when there is little chance of a successful onfield season. If that is not thought thick and thin I don't know what is. I don't believe that there is a club in the AFL with more loyal supporters than Melbourne.

What about Rodney Grinter for his toughness and Carl Ditterich - if only for the trail of destruction in his last game against Collingwood. Let's not forget Mark Jackson while we're at it - no, on second thoughts let's forget all about him.

Add Crosswell. Some exciting games.. But for absolute thuggery Big Carl was the man. Many years after he played for Melbourne I worked with him and took the opportunity to ask him about some " moments " during his footy career at Melb. He had forgotten many of them until reminded. I guess when you flatten that many blokes it all becomes a daze.

I strongly disagree. Almost 50 years without a premiership, probably level with St Kilda and Fitzroy as the worst team of the last 50 years, almost killed by poor administration a couple of times, poor selection of coaches, pathetic facilities, poorly managed finances, and still have 35,000 members pay up each year when there is little chance of a successful onfield season. If that is not thought thick and thin I don't know what is. I don't believe that there is a club in the AFL with more loyal supporters than Melbourne.

I've always said that its easy to support a club thats at the top of the table.

It shows character to endure what we have IMO.

And it's also been shown that we have the lowest turnover of members from year to year.

Very true. Like this one:

OOOOO MY GOOOOOIIIDDD! I remember this so well, whatta friggin game. I went ballistic when he kicked that and it wasn't even goal of the year. Oh some gr8 dees memories at the footy, i just love this club!

The Aaron Davey of 2004-2006 and parts of 07 were the ultimate highlights reel. Robbo was a freak and great to watch at his best. TRUE SHOWMAN. Yze was the classiest guy in the league, everything he did just looked good. Neitz was good to watch cos of his sheer brutality in regards to playing his role as the full forward. Jeff White was the best ruckman for a fair while. So smooth. Oh if only some traits are brunng through with this crop of blokes. Jurrah is the most likely candidate!