Hypothetical: Rendell?

Striker475

With the events today over in Adelaide and the storm in a teacup that's been brewed up by the media, I'm going to put it out there.

We need a recruiting manager. Not just Todd filling in.

A recruiting manager with pretty damn good credentials has come onto the market.

Admittedly there's been some issues.

Do we take the punt?

Guest Dr Who

We definitely are in need of his type of skills. Probably do Mat Rendell a world of good to get out of the Adelaide footy fish bowl.

However, we may need time to let the press-beat up blow over. Watch this space.

• Like 1

I don't think Rendell is stupid enough to say to Mifsud what the media would have us believe. Not in that context anyway.

It'd be incredibly offensive to an indigenous person who is a friend and former teammate.

I think Mifsud chose to use Rendell's words anonymously in a certain way to make a point, not expecting an intense AFL and media witch-hunt.

It went beyond the point of no return, and cost Rendell his job.

He's a smart guy and a good operator - I hope he ends up at MFC in the near future.

You're all kidding right?..

What sort of respect does that show to our indigenous boys, Davey,Bennel,Jurrah,Lawrence,Jetta.

You call yourselves supporters, the only thing you support is racism....fools!

I don't think Rendell is stupid enough to say to Mifsud what the media would have us believe. Not in that context anyway.

It'd be incredibly offensive to an indigenous person who is a friend and former teammate.

I think Mifsud chose to use Rendell's words anonymously in a certain way to make a point, not expecting an intense AFL and media witch-hunt.

It went beyond the point of no return, and cost Rendell his job.

He's a smart guy and a good operator - I hope he ends up at MFC in the near future.

He's a good fella.

and if what I think he said , is correct, then I agree with Him....

The Flood & Press is killing it for the lighter & freakish players to have the space to create damage. they're not as good at winning the Heavy/Hard ball but finish well. The press demands contested footy...

The Extra rotations, multiplied by sports science, Are having an Incredibly detracting Effect on our game as we Knew it.

You're all kidding right?..

What sort of respect does that show to our indigenous boys, Davey,Bennel,Jurrah,Lawrence,Jetta.

You call yourselves supporters, the only thing you support is racism....fools!

Well, maybe you want to quote him, what he said & what he meant by it then?

He said... he would not recruit an indigenous player unless they had one white parent.

So you guys think its ok to bring someone with this sort of attitute to our club?????

He said... he would not recruit an indigenous player unless they had one white parent.

So you guys think its ok to bring someone with this sort of attitute to our club?????

No, no thats Not what he's saying. There the words he used.

What he's saying is that the game is moving away from the Koori boys natural strengths of Flair & speed & instinctiveness.

But the weaknesses of endurence & aggression @ the ball,,, & hard work Off the track (generalising here) are increasingly likely to make a draft selection fail.

This is what, IMO, he's saying...

'DeeZee', Can you see the inference I'm talking about?

I do see the inferenceare talking about, but in this day and age, to use those words is ridiculous and still has racial connetations.

Edited by DeeZee

I do see the inferenceare talking about, but in this day and age, to use those words is ridiculous and still has racial connetations.

I don't think he meant to be offensive At All. He's not some cheap ass trying to be a big note out there.

IMO, it's just unfortunate that the words the way they came out, took on that Tone... unintentional.

What he's saying is that the game is moving away from the Koori boys natural strengths of Flair & speed & instinctiveness.

But the weaknesses of endurence & aggression @ the ball,,, & hard work Off the track (generalising here) are increasingly likely to make a draft selection fail.

That's a stretch of an interpretation to get out of that quote, and generalising the athleticism of someone's race is racist in itself.

That's a stretch of an interpretation to get out of that quote, and generalising the athleticism of someone's race is racist in itself.

Everyone of us have our strengths and weaknesses, but I'm not going to stop saying the truth of what I believe, because someone wants to twist things, to make it sound like I have something against their Race. If I have something against a particular Race. then I'll say it straight Out. I won''t beat about the bush.

and I have said things about a Race as a generalisation before.

But I don't believe for a second that Rendell has a thing against Our indigenous race.

I don't see it that way at all.

I think he said that the way we are going, in the very near future WE (as a sport) wouldn't be recruiting players from a solely indigenous background, without some sort of white influence. Not that it is necessarily a correct view, but that it could be taken.

Not that he or the Adelaide Crows refused to recruit an indigenous player, but that a culture was being developed where some clubs could adopt that attitude in the future. That that was the way the game was heading, and it was a shame.

The way I see it, ironically, Rendell was actually concerned about statements being made, just like those he is being accused of having actually made.

Edited by Arsene Wenger

Everyone of us have our strengths and weaknesses, but I'm not going to stop saying the truth of what I believe, because someone wants to twist things, to make it sound like I have something against their Race. If I have something against a particular Race. then I'll say it straight Out. I won''t beat about the bush.

and I have said things about a Race as a generalisation before.

But I don't believe for a second that Rendell has a thing against Our indigenous race.

Neither as it happens do I ( think he particularly does ) . Adelaide kneejerk a brilliant footy mind right out the door, own goal me thinks.

There is probably nothing that Matt wouldnt have thought or said that any half way decent and experienced recruiter and observer of the game wouldnt. He gets taken oiut of context and the PC idiots have a fiield day. Hewould probably have more footy knowledge on the end of his little finger than most supposed commentators would amass in a lifetime.

How can it be racist if you are talking positively about that race? PC gone mad.