Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons Raid angers Magpies

Demon Forever

So be it. We can't continue on in fear with Collingwood standing over us waiving a big stick. Time this club stood on its own two feet. If we rely that heaviliy on Queens Birthday for revenue then we need to lift our game!

Love the fixture but have to agree. We can't dodge every issue for fear that Eddie will get upset.

I get the feeling Neeld doesn't give a rats a$$ and that's fine by me.

Stuff em'. Leave no prisoners. If we lose the home game on Queens Birthday because of it then so be it. We've been to passive for too long, time to get a bit of grit and get stuck in.

I think that Monday is Our day. Not there's. So don't talk in terms of it being there's. It's just we play them, on Our Home Game on that Monday.

It would be the same if we played Essendon, or the Blues. Our Home Game, on Our 'G' Patch, on Our Monday !!!

If they are so unhappy about losing people then why don't they get Malthouse back? Serious. They need to get real.

Greg Swann,,, was He the first, > the Blues.

Then E'd moved in Pert, & pushed Eugene Arocca sideways to North...

E'd loves to be the puppeteer. He must have studied puppettry of the crown jewels closely, very closely.

hey all - first post!

I'm not sure what he big deal is here. He's out of contract at the end of the year, and we're making an offer. There's nothing Shifty going on here.

One thing I'd like to see is pendles come to melbourne. Now THAT would [censored] Eddie off. :D

Nice first post. Ditto...

That's right. He is out of contract. They should have offered a longer contract.

I actually think this article is a beat up. There are no quotes from any officials. There are no names mentioned on who exactually is upset. The linking of Leigh Brown to add to the claim is a very long bow to draw. And finaly but most importantly, the article is written by Jay Clark.

I think that Monday is Our day. Not there's. So don't talk in terms of it being there's. It's just we play them, on Our Home Game on that Monday.

It would be the same if we played Essendon, or the Blues. Our Home Game, on Our 'G' Patch, on Our Monday !!!

Monday is not OUR Day. Collingwood let us have it as a home game - we don't have exclusive rights!

Monday is not OUR Day. Collingwood let us have it as a home game - we don't have exclusive rights!

Correct. I thank Edward for that one as we all should. I hope within the next 2-3 years both clubs play each other twice each year with large crowds.

We must earn our place. We are very lucky to still have QB.

That is true, we dont have the rights, but neither do they, and we should not be afraid that they will take the game off us.

If they are upset though, I am more than happy, but they should just give him a longer contract if they think he is so valuable.

From his point of view, if he can come to Melbourne and be the top guy, instead of #2 at Pieland, I think I know where I would go.

That's right. He is out of contract. They should have offered a longer contract.

I actually think this article is a beat up. There are no quotes from any officials. There are no names mentioned on who exactually is upset. The linking of Leigh Brown to add to the claim is a very long bow to draw. And finaly but most importantly, the article is written by Jay Clark.

Agree. In fact, as much as I have had an anti-Collingwood bias all my life, on this one, I can't see sufficient evidence to criticise Collingwood. And I wonder whether the numbers of off-field personnel moving in and out of Collingwood (and Melbourne) is any different to any other club? I suspect St Kilda, Essendon, Geelong, etc have seen just as many off-field personnel changes. It's just that we don't know about them.

[by the way, I don't know if "exactually" is a typo or an inspired use of the English language. But I like it.]

Agree. In fact, as much as I have had an anti-Collingwood bias all my life, on this one, I can't see sufficient evidence to criticise Collingwood. And I wonder whether the numbers of off-field personnel moving in and out of Collingwood (and Melbourne) is any different to any other club? I suspect St Kilda, Essendon, Geelong, etc have seen just as many off-field personnel changes. It's just that we don't know about them.

[by the way, I don't know if "exactually" is a typo or an inspired use of the English language. But I like it.]

Ha! I bought one of those fancy new smart phones the other day. Still having a hard time getting used to posting with the small touch screen keys.

My first two posts with it have had some shocking spelling and grammar mistakes.

Ed had no qualms to get gary pert to leave channel 9 with little notice , not much time for a smooth transfer despite the standard all will be allright statements

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2007/05/gtv-manager-quits-nine.html

Different business but ed wanted the best available and he got him from the company paying his wages to boot

For those of you saying it's all a beat-up, have a listen to tripleM. I'm sure they'll run the soundbite of Eddie Making A Fool Of Himself again. Something about "If you steal our staff we'll take your sponsors" or some crap. Apparently he's very attached to his assistant recruiter, so much so that he's running the risk of being sued over the fact that he is actively trying to prevent an assistant from obtaining a senior role.

I had a good laught at Eddie when he was beating his chest on air and telling the world that if GWS tried to take one of his stars he'd ruin them. Now he's doing the same thing in our direction while his credibility rapidly dwindles. Perhaps it's time for one of the PR people to have a quiet word in his ear? Maybe something like making an idiot of himself on air isn't so great for the club and he shoud be a professional and separate his two careers or give one of them up. That would work.

For those of you saying it's all a beat-up, have a listen to tripleM. I'm sure they'll run the soundbite of Eddie Making A Fool Of Himself again. Something about "If you steal our staff we'll take your sponsors" or some crap. Apparently he's very attached to his assistant recruiter, so much so that he's running the risk of being sued over the fact that he is actively trying to prevent an assistant from obtaining a senior role.

I had a good laught at Eddie when he was beating his chest on air and telling the world that if GWS tried to take one of his stars he'd ruin them. Now he's doing the same thing in our direction while his credibility rapidly dwindles. Perhaps it's time for one of the PR people to have a quiet word in his ear? Maybe something like making an idiot of himself on air isn't so great for the club and he shoud be a professional and separate his two careers or give one of them up. That would work.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-warns-melbourne-of-financial-ramifications-from-poaching-raid/story-e6frf9jf-1226280971780

The way Eddie was talking there it sounded like we might have approached one of their players . Cloke ?

Just a bit of speculation there on my part but our club has a bit of a history of going after a big name ( pre draft and salary cap )

Everyone seems to think that the big money is on offer from GW$ but Travis is a restricted free agent at years end .

Just a thought .

The way Eddie was talking there it sounded like we might have approached one of their players . Cloke ?

Just a bit of speculation there on my part but our club has a bit of a history of going after a big name ( pre draft and salary cap )

Everyone seems to think that the big money is on offer from GW$ but Travis is a restricted free agent at years end .

Just a thought .

SP?

I think Eddie just wants to generate the ratings to be honest.

The reality is, he cannot restrict the movements of any of Collingwood's staff if they elect to resign and join another club. There's laws against that sort of thing. Eddie's just in the 'oh easy way to get calls and responses is to rile up the Collingwood base'. It's a cheap shot, especially with the history of the Pies re: Malthouse and Luke Ball.

Honestly, it's fantastic to see the MFC acting like a big club, rather than simply rolling over and dealing with the opposition trampling on us.

SP?

It would be a lot , we've got room in our salary cap (or should have) . We could at least force the Pies to pay "overs" . Clark and Cloke - sounds good to me .

We should be a player during the free agency trade period . And a proven gun key forward is what we badly need . Clark is a step in the right direction and Watts still has a bit to prove but hopefully will be a star .

Just a thought .

If we're chasing one of they'res, I don't think it would be cloke, Buy a mid, well.

Could have meant Dawes from last year?

Eddie is a bully and make such threats all the time. Last week it was GWS, the week before it was North, this week it's us.

If your going to the AFL to tell them we have too much money, don't forget to mention your able to pick up any of our sponsors you like. Perhaps they could take some money off us and also give you a less favourable draw so other teams have the same opportunities to attract those sponsors.

Please dont pass yourself off as charitable with the QB fixture. You can have it as a home fixture but, perhaps we could take a few of your Friday night games and swap them for our Sunday's?

The real charity is the favourable fixture the pies get every year which provide the opportunity to grow. We would take that over cash any day of the week. So stop passing yourself off as the givers when you are the receivers!

• Like 6

The sad fact is that Eddie has a lovely forum at TripleM where he can have his say completely unopposed with no fear that a rival club president is going to get the chance to reply. He feels free to launch into thee little rants and portray himself as a tough guy because he knows that there is no chance of being called on it on air.