Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

A key difference of course is that Sidey, unlike Shuey, qualifies as a rookie pick for next year. Probably the 'number 1 pick' of all those rookies if truth be told.

I expect there'll be a few more of these types of trades as the season reaches the business end.

And there's that to be taken into consideration as well.

Just the same, the need for more kicks, handballs was appealing. Tackles and less scoring were hesitations for me.

I must admit I didn't check the birthdays - nearly blew the top off my Pop Top when I saw he qualified by 2 days.

Oh well - hopefully Shuey plays the way he has been, and hopefully Steele continues to play well for you HT. A good trade in the best interests of the game I think.

I must admit I didn't check the birthdays - nearly blew the top off my Pop Top when I saw he qualified by 2 days.

Oh well - hopefully Shuey plays the way he has been, and hopefully Steele continues to play well for you HT. A good trade in the best interests of the game I think.

I just picked up a slab of Pop Tops for the kids this morning. If that lid blows, Let me know.... Blackcurrant ?

I'd be lying if I had not taken into consideration the 2 and 2 keepers. I had voted to keep the 4 as originally planned.

But it must be said I had pestered you about Sidebottom with other players on my list prior.

I hope Shuey does a few shimmys for you come finals, except against the Hurricanes.

He tried to take Danger Mouse for Pavlich and....Xavier Ellis.

Poor Danger Mouse. Insulted in such a way.

Do anything to get the hottest in the comp. We were close to an agreement come to think of it. Not necessarily that offer, but one or two other players coupled with them.

Do anything to get the hottest in the comp. We were close to an agreement come to think of it. Not necessarily that offer, but one or two other players coupled with them.

Poor, poor Danger Mouse...

I will happily trade Bartel for an upgrade on Ziebell or Miles as my under 21 keeper proposition...

Has to be a good upgrade, however...

So if anyone has a keeper that isn't as good as Bartel - he is there - but it will cost you a very good U/21.

And one last thing - do we keep our under 21s keepers forever? Or do we have to go in each year with two unrestricted and two under 21?

I think you should get to keep them IF you had them as your under 21s that you carried over (so you can't just trade for someone's under 21 half way through the season and then keep them).

Anyway, confused am I.

Shuey has had a great year to date - It hurt me letting him go to H-T earlier this year.

I received the current Number 5 ranked player (N. Riewaldt) in return, so as I stated at the time Win / Win has been proved correct.

Surely everyone knows JCB well enough by now to know he is tongue in cheek & playing Mind Games in his Shuey Comments.

Neither Wrecker or H-T have lost anything in there charge to 2012 Glory.

H-T has gained the No. 1 1991 Rookie Keeper for next season however has lost his No.1 open age Keeper in the process.

Pro's & Con's everywhere in this trade. We will need to look back on this one in 12 month's to see who came out ahead.

The one thing I agree upon is both Players involved are genuine stars of The Comp.

Now anyone interested in the following 1991 Rookies?

Luke Dahlhaus - Steven Motlop - Billy Longer?

Edited by Old Man Rivers

A key difference of course is that Sidey, unlike Shuey, qualifies as a rookie pick for next year. Probably the 'number 1 pick' of all those rookies if truth be told.

I expect there'll be a few more of these types of trades as the season reaches the business end.

Correct weight regarding Sidebottom, plus Shuey Is injured.And I hear another of Wreckers trades-has got injury concerns, namely Schultz.Shuey may not even get a game final times- when Embley returns. Maybe Gaff or Shuey may be the Sub.And furthermore loosing Blease for Smith whom Adelaide dropped this round seems either dumb or you have been conned by the other mod.Anyhow, you have come out the looser big time- possibly wrecking your final 8 aspirations and giving HT all hope now of making the 8.Does one call this Tanking?

And being outsmarted by the cunning fox ( last years winner D/L 7, by giving up Watts for Wells( especially when Wells did not have a pre season and most likely will run out of puff by years end) was not a smart move either IMO.However, we will all see at years end.

This now leaves the insane pair of Mad Melb & Wacko to fight it out for the premiership and don't rule out Dappa or OMR whom I expect a big finish from.But the Wrecker has wrecked it IMO.

And the AFL have just released it's mid All Australian team with Sidebottom in it -NO SHUEY

I now rest my case.

Edited by jayceebee31

Sorry JCB, I highly doubt that the wacko Jako's will be fighting out the premiership, losing Sandilands for 10 weeks will most certainly hurt me. I snuck a few early wins purely on ruck strength - now left to the almighty bearded man - Ben Huudson, and traded in Sellar as he is officially listed as a ruck for some coverage - think I could be in trouble.

Might have had a long term win though trading out Chapman for Rockliff, long term keeper in where as Chappy is in the twilight - next year at best for Chappy I reckon, his body must be close to shot after years of bang crash? Soon found out about that one.

Varcoe to have operation on foot. Out for longer, maybe season.

Sad this has happened but able to cover him like I have done so far.Like other coaches covering their list, I have had to cover the loss of Hille, Round 2, Ball, Rd 3, Gray only played 1 game before hurt, whilst 3 of my list have not played a game this year at all.Hille has played 1 game and 10 minutes so far.Varcoe, may not get into my best 22,anyhow.HT,whom do you want to trade for him as he will be very fresh and is a true big game player around finals time.Similar to Embley.

However I may consider Sidebottom for Varcoe ?

Sorry changed my mind re Sidey, rang Balmy and he told me don't worry he will be back in 6/7 weeks and they are taking out the metal and replacing it with dynamite so he can explode in the finals.

Edited by jayceebee31

Really hating having three weeks of byes, frustrating to say the least! One more week and hopefully my mob comes out refreshed and rejuvenated.

Interesting trades undergone, I'm still looking to find a new young keeper, but now people are over valuing these long term keeper options due to the change in rules!

My season horribilus continues with Bellchambers dumped from the Bombers side.

I'm putting up Goddard if anyone is willing to trade me in a decent starting ruck. And I mean decent.

MadMelb ... don't despair over rookie keepers. Still plenty of talent out there. I have Shawn Atley, Ryan Bastinac and Brandon Matera all available.

Note - A policy needs to be worked out with these rookie keepers as to what happens the following year and so on. Do we select two new rookie keepers and keep building a list that way? How does it work?

JackLivesHere's done well. Has Jeremy Cameron AND Stephen Coniglio who were both born in '93 ... giving them two extra years (for a total of three years) rookie keeper status.

Really hating having three weeks of byes, frustrating to say the least! One more week and hopefully my mob comes out refreshed and rejuvenated.

Interesting trades undergone, I'm still looking to find a new young keeper, but now people are over valuing these long term keeper options due to the change in rules!

What rules- asked the question as well as requested ' What the hell will be going on next year and beyond , on Ultimate footy message so we can structure our list/s accordingly. If it is done now- we have nearly half the year to react.If not, I deem it is unfair as well as unsatisfactory to implement for next year especially as some coaches have up to 6 players within the range of 1990,1991,1992,1993 players already on their list. And what happens if indeed we have new coaches next year- how are they going to pick their list?

Please explain please so we can move on. Thank you !

I thought we had capped the keepers @ 4

2 Open Aged & 2 Rookies (Born 1991 or after)

Next year will still be 4 Keepers only

2 Open Aged & 2 Rookies (Born 1992 or after)

Am I understanding this correctly?

BILLY LONGER (Gun 1992 Keeper Ruckmen) Taking Offers if anyone intersted?

I've said it before but I'll say it again.

The rules are at this stage staying the same. However the rookie keeper will have a year added to their cutoff. Which means 1991 players, whom you are allowed to keep for next year, are not able to be retained as a rookie keeper, but 1992 and younger will.

This is as the rules were devised. I'm not saying their won't be further revisions to the rules, if there is sufficient support. But it's. It my it's thin to change anything at this stage.

I've said it before but I'll say it again.

The rules are at this stage staying the same. However the rookie keeper will have a year added to their cutoff. Which means 1991 players, whom you are allowed to keep for next year, are not able to be retained as a rookie keeper, but 1992 and younger will.

This is as the rules were devised. I'm not saying their won't be further revisions to the rules, if there is sufficient support. But it's. It my it's thin to change anything at this stage.

Thanks JA, I think I understand - what the rules for next year's draft will be - we will be able to retain 2 picks along with two rookies, 1991,1992 or 1993. Have I got it right. I am a little thick in the scone but don't let that none to others.Getting old , suffering a little from dementia - many thanks once again.If I am wrong just let me know how many players I Need to keep and under what conditions please- I promise,I will not go overseas next year during our season.Regards.

Edited by jayceebee31

I thought we had capped the keepers @ 4

2 Open Aged & 2 Rookies (Born 1991 or after)

Next year will still be 4 Keepers only

2 Open Aged & 2 Rookies (Born 1992 or after)

Am I understanding this correctly?

BILLY LONGER (Gun 1992 Keeper Ruckmen) Taking Offers if anyone intersted?

OMR said it better.

Bump. The byes have finished and it's time to knuckle down.

Looks lke your bump has knocked over on of our coaches or he/ she has given up.Jackliveshere did not pick his team This left Gunston on the bench.Gunston ended up kicking 3 Goals. I think we need to work out rules to stop coaches just not doing there job -,to me this is more important than ruddy how many keepers .I think we need a committee to work out rues before we start next year.

Edited by jayceebee31

Looks lke your bump has knocked over on of our coaches or he/ she has given up.Jackliveshere did not pick his team This left Gunston on the bench.Gunston ended up kicking 3 Goals. I think we need to work out rules to stop coaches just not doing there job -,to me this is more important than ruddy how many keepers .I think we need a committee to work out rues before we start next year.

Understand the concern JCB, although when I was on UF earlier tonight JLH was also on just before the first bounce.

Plenty of injuries to contend with for JLH' side, looks to be an oversight with Gunston, but I'd prefer to hear from JLH.

JLH - surely some signings are in order so you can field a fuller side.