Demonland

Frawley suffered a major setback when he tore a pectoral muscle during pre season training but recovered in time to make his return in Round 2 against Hawthorn and played in every match after that game.

While he failed to emulate his All Australian form of 2011, the key defender was still a tower of strength in the backline, finished third in the Keith "Bluey" Truscott voting and continued to grow in stature as one of the game's emerging young defenders.

Games MFC 2011 21 MFC Total 82 Goals MFC 2011 1 MFC Total 3

MFC Kicks 238 (3rd), Marks 109 (2nd), Rebounds from 50 110 (1st) Club Champion 178 votes (3rd).

Considering his injury during preseason, I think his season was phenomenal.

Seriously underrated across the league.

People will sit up and take notice once the rest of the team around him becomes more capable.

Virtually never beaten and always has superior strength in the contest.

Becoming better and better at rebounding out of defense.

Our Scarlett.

• Like 1

No doubt one of my favourite players, and I couldn't agree with you more Lutz. Given how much pectoral injury set him back it's an incredible effort for him to still show the form he did this year.

If he stays injury free, I'd say he's just about a certainty to get back to AA form next year. IMO second only to Jamar in our most important players list.

Seriously underrated across the league.

Becoming better and better at rebounding out of defense.

Our Scarlett.

Agree with virtually all you have said. Great season given his start.

But underated?? Hardly. He's All Australian. Is well regarded by virtually everyone that commentates.

I think the term "our Scarlett" is a great description.

He reads the play so well and is prepared to back himself. Probably (will be) stronger than the Cat as well.

THE KEY to our attacking defence.

Agree with virtually all you have said. Great season given his start.

But underated?? Hardly. He's All Australian. Is well regarded by virtually everyone that commentates.

Underrated by opposition supporters in my experience.

Probably due to lack of exposure on tv.

Soon they will know.

So reliable it's not funny.

Underrated by opposition supporters in my experience.

Probably due to lack of exposure on tv.

agreed in my experience my non-demons mates only seem to rate our players who score well in Dream Team! ha!

agreed in my experience my non-demons mates only seem to rate our players who score well in Dream Team! ha!

While he played from round 2 from my memory it took him a few rounds to get his touch back.

It was about round 6 or 7 before he recovered from no pre season /match practise.

i was talking to someone who'd just pulled their pectoral muscle, and it had been so painful they went to hospital, thinking it was a heart attack. I can't imagine ripping it. And apparently recovery is extremely painful, as every hand and arm movement uses the muscle. So good on Frawley for getting himself up and going, and ending up with a good season.

While he played from round 2 from my memory it took him a few rounds to get his touch back.

It was about round 6 or 7 before he recovered from no pre season /match practise.

I agree old Dee.

And as the season wore on he got better. He played some very good games in the 2nd half of the season.

He is a definite cracker and I am glad we have him.

Choosing Frawley over Riewoldt keeps proving to be one of the best decisions in recent times. Can't see him not getting another AA nod if he can get through a full season next year.

That's a win/win scenario right there.

Jack Riewoldt would be great to have.

But Frawley as a decade long AA level FB is just as good.

And I reckon he has better intangibles - leadership, body language, heart.

So I'm happy.

The posters ahead of me have said it all. Barring injury (heaven forbid!), Chippa will be the cornerstone of our defence for a decade, and a regular contender for AA honours. I really like Lutz's 'our Scarlett' comparison.

That's a win/win scenario right there.

Jack Riewoldt would be great to have.

But Frawley as a decade long AA level FB is just as good.

And I reckon he has better intangibles - leadership, body language, heart.

Absolutely agree. Riewoldt is a talent but he can be damn selfish at times with his decision making and body language and does not need to be.

Very happy with Chippa.

At the end of his career he should be seen as a top echelon defender. If he is in the same category as Scarlett then we have a truly great player in the MFC colours. I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

I guess you were waiting on me to get this Locker Room moving.

I'm really looking forward to how he goes this year.

I think the Pec problem last year was a little worse than everyone expected.

This preseason he has been training the house down and is looking like he is heading for AA again.

Now on the LG with Garland,Barty and the co captain. It just gives me a lot of confidence in the backline again.

We now have a FD with great defensive cred, and a group of good players who could end up being anything.

"CHIP" is the link a strong body and pace to match it with any forward.

E-LITE . Looking at the photos of him this year-his best is yet to come .

• 2 months later...

Im somewhat curious about ol' chippers form. Seems to me to be off the boil somewhat and playing a rung or two below his better games. . Not to long ago he was A-A.. Ans now he seems struggling to replicate any semblance of that form.

Is he carrying a niggle ? is it just me that thinks hes lost his shine ?

We all can have our ups and downs , no doubt, but it just seems from where im sitting hes in a bit of a funk.

New Coach, New structures etc I know can all play a part but Defensive work is I would have thought more often dictated to you by the oponents your minding and the way THEY organise their offence. Hes not alone but hes one that sort of acts as a barometer for the team.

He has been good. Doesn't help when the ball is pumped in 60 times plus and he is generally playing on teh oppositions focal point. Plus every second half this year our midfield has struggled resulting in less pressure on those delivering the ball into the 50. Least of Neelds worries atm.