Brad Green's status?

Roos can't lose

I dont believe he will have another year in the doldrums like this year.

He should get a 2 year deal and until otherwise advised he is the captain of the team I love.

As a supporter (a concept which involves the task of supporting our team and players) I am prepared to give it 120%.

Is anyone else prepared to give him a chance?

I am not as confident as you.

He looked slow and ordinary this year, next year in March he will be 31.

I think one year is enough.

I suspect that is what is holding up him signing, he wants 2 the club 1 year.

Have we seen the last of Brad Green?

Maybe!

Not a good look when your captain has no contract.

It is starting to smell like the end of 2010 all over again.

If the Dees suddenly call a press conference I am going to panic!

I am not as confident as you.

He looked slow and ordinary this year, next year in March he will be 31.

I think one year is enough.

I suspect that is what is holding up him signing, he wants 2 the club 1 year.

Have we seen the last of Brad Green?

Maybe!

Not a good look when your captain has no contract.

It is starting to smell like the end of 2010 all over again.

If the Dees suddenly call a press conference I am going to panic!

surely we have learnt our lesson.

Old.. I think Neeld is busy trying to have a chat to everyone.Apparently theyre at the whims of the four winds currently and not due to all almalgamate til Friday. Im sure Brad is high on his list for a chat. Im sure Neeld would have observed the "clever" way we dealt with it all at last seasons end and wouldnt want a repeat.

Id probably goalong with R57 in thinking ha cant put two stinkers together ( hopefully). Many have mentioned that 1 year is a preference for the older players but he seems in reasonabkle nick. I think his head done him in this year. Just be a 'normal' player in 2012 ( most likely ..i.e..not capt ) ought to refreshen him somewhat. I think hed be too proud to not want to redress the current season.

Might be a thing to announce at teh B & F possibly..who knows

He should get a 2 year deal and until otherwise advised he is the captain of the team I love.

As a supporter (a concept which involves the task of supporting our team and players) I am prepared to give it 120%.

Other than the known club policy of 1 year contracts for players over 30, if it was reviewed given our list and is recognised to have a gaping hole between 26-30 year olds under the new regime. A 2 yr contract would be ok by me. The captaincy however should be reviewed.

You love the club, not the team...

And we gave him a chance, so don't tacitly equate loving the club to giving Brad another chance as captain.

I love the club - I want a different captain.

Cant see him not signing and dont see why he wouldnt or why we wouldnt want him to. Hes in New York so im hoping thats the only reason why it hasnt been announced

Dont see how that would really affect any announcement. Its all really just a continuance after all. Hes not a new signing.

Edited by belzebub59

You love the club, not the team...

And we gave him a chance, so don't tacitly equate loving the club to giving Brad another chance as captain.

I love the club - I want a different captain.

Your right and wrong, I love the club and I love the team.(btw are you a lawyer?)

Your right and wrong, I love the club and I love the team.(btw are you a lawyer?)

No, but I can get hung up on semantics...

The team I have trouble loving, they have done very little to earn it. Bereft of leaders and pathetic when challenged.

The club gets love inherently, there is no qualifying statement.

Some are not so blase with the last contract they will sign...

Im not sure really what youre alluding to rffc.. Hes at Melb.. its just a new contract., arguably possibly his last . It ought to be run of the mill stuff. There wil be no ticket tape parade when he resigns. Just an acknowledgement and some garbage about how everyones looking forward yada yada and such.

Or are you seriously suggesting hed want to make a song and dance of it ? asking..thats all

Edited by belzebub59

No, but I can get hung up on semantics...

The team I have trouble loving, they have done very little to earn it. Bereft of leaders and pathetic when challenged.

The club gets love inherently, there is no qualifying statement.

I can see that elsewhere (High Performance not Fitness).

Do you sing "its the emblem of the CLUB we love"?

I can see that elsewhere (High Performance not Fitness).

Do you sing "its the emblem of the CLUB we love"?

Funny you should mention that, I have mentioned that line before...

As for the high permance stuff, it is a buzzword but they do more than just make sure the blokes run a lot - which is what the mind conjures up when one hears 'fitness manager.'

I'm anal.

Im not sure really what youre alluding to rffc.. Hes at Melb.. its just a new contract., arguably possibly his last . It ought to be run of the mill stuff. There wil be no ticket tape parade when he resigns. Just an acknowledgement and some garbage about how everyones looking forward yada yada and such.

Or are you seriously suggesting hed want to make a song and dance of it ? asking..thats all

Depends what your definition of 'song and dance' is?

He may want what Cameron Bruce wanted. A 2 year contract.

Is that desire a 'song and dance'?

It may be his last contract, if I were him I would at least like to be in the country when it is sealed, in fact I might even have to sign it...

Will be interesting if Neeld compliments the over 30 rule, or if he decides that while we are mostly inexperienced, we will change our 1-year policy for over 30's.

With the public disapproval from the way we treated Junior, I wouldn't be surprised if the Club took all (over 30) cases on an individual basis, which realistically, probably should be done any way.

I have another criticism of the playing group though - why don't we have some of leadership group in photos with the new coach? Bob Murphy said last night that a lot of the Bulldogs players had already met with their new coach. I think there has only been 1 tweet from maybe Col Sylvia (?) about looking forward to meeting the new coach. I know these guys are in their off-season, but fark me, this is a significant time for the Club. Even bloody Harry O and Malthouse put something up. Whinge finished thank you!

Dont see how that would really affect any announcement. Its all really just a continuance after all. Hes not a new signing.

As in maybe it hasnt been finalsed yet because its not signed and that will happen when hes home

I think the reality is a bit as Willian suggest and players are for the most part taken on an idividual basis, with some guidance by the 'preferred' line . In Juniors case I think the club thought ( quite rightly ) he was in teh very "iffy' dept re his fitness and just didnt warrant pushing let alone a 2y deal.

Im purely speculating but I reckon they , the club and Cam , were rucking heads to some point as well and was a good leverage to deny him 2 years. A good decision all around ( for us that is )

With Brad.. a 1x1 or 1+1 cal lit what you like but the idea of two years with provsion of an out after one should it not be workign ot for all concerned.

Brad if hes honest with himself ought to acknowledge hes been on a bloody good wicket for some time and should just take ,within reason , whats on offer adn possibly revisit all this come this time next year.

If he, and the club , are up for it then all well and good.

I would put him on the 'required' list.....atm

As in maybe it hasnt been finalsed yet because its not signed and that will happen when hes home

yeah but at his point of the journey if both parties agree, then his management can have it al done, they can announce, he can ratify once he gets here. Its not that hard, unless there are sticking points.

Im backing the club which ever :huh: Hes done ok in the past.

I have no problem with offering 30 year olds one year contracts. I'm of the train of thought that if you are good enough, you will be offered another year- and if you're not good enough, well you have pretty much screwed the club out of money it could have used elsewhere- and also denying a young guy of AFL games.

An honorable 30 year old would sign the one year contract and let his actions do the talking. Not his manager.

But I am "an all for the club" fascist. I place progress over charity.

I think 2 years is fair especially as our only veteran for 2012. Does anyone else qualify as veteran eg davey or jamar for 2013? Would be good to free up another senior list spot if that is the case.

Davey and Rush qualify 2013. Rush will be less likely to be listed though as he's not on as big a contract.

I have no problem with offering 30 year olds one year contracts. I'm of the train of thought that if you are good enough, you will be offered another year- and if you're not good enough, well you have pretty much screwed the club out of money it could have used elsewhere- and also denying a young guy of AFL games.

An honorable 30 year old would sign the one year contract and let his actions do the talking. Not his manager.

But I am "an all for the club" fascist. I place progress over charity.

I agree 1 year contract should be an incentive to perform for further year contracts, In my opinion I think the club will offer him this. Whether he agree's to that is an entirely different matter.

I have another criticism of the playing group though - why don't we have some of leadership group in photos with the new coach? Bob Murphy said last night that a lot of the Bulldogs players had already met with their new coach. I think there has only been 1 tweet from maybe Col Sylvia (?) about looking forward to meeting the new coach. I know these guys are in their off-season, but fark me, this is a significant time for the Club. Even bloody Harry O and Malthouse put something up. Whinge finished thank you!

Who's to say that players haven't met with Neeld?

Green won't have because he was in the US. Harry O ([censored]) and Malthouse are still playing season 2011, so it's apples and oranges, really.

And 'a lot'? Who knows how many that is? Only Bob Murphy.

Totally unwarranted criticism IMO.