• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Guest Darren Lamb

I've spent this entire year supporting and backing Tom Scully to death, but I'm done.

Seriously, this charade is becoming a joke and I have no respect left for someone who is now treating our club with such open contempt.

If you want to leave, just leave. Don't drag out your decision, make a mockery of our club, take your time pissing off to Western Sydney, I mean come on, have some common level of decency for your club!

He is not Chris Judd.

I don't get it.

He said from the start he'd wait to the end of the season to make a decision.

He is now taking a week from the end of the season to do that, as he said he would.

I think for a kid in his position being offered what he has, its perfectly reasonable.

If it were my son I'd want him to take his time and make the most informed decision.

He hasn't deviated from what he said he'd do, either.

I think there's still a very good chance he could decideto stay.

What this whole process reeks of to me, is professionalism.

On the outside, nobody is looking at MFC as a mockery - that's a perception put on the club by it's own insecure supporters.

The reflection is on GWS and the player alone.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And do you really believe that the Club hasnt suspected for along time whats really happening...and KNOWN it for just a bit less ?

This is Football..a War played as Sport...and the first casualty of War is ..........?

truth?

innocence?

civilians?

supporters?

MFC?

sport?

everyone?

take your pick, or add to the list

You know...I dont feel too bad about all this at all. I think many are glossing over a great deal. So many still think we're losing a #1 pick. We are and we arent. Weve got our true #1 and hes sticking. His names Jack..worth 3 of that bloke Tom. Scully , and just being realistic here, isnt what the masses would have us suspect or consider. He'll be good, but nothing like the hype. His knees are dodgy, even now, so will need ultra managing and will always now be suss. He actually has two sides to his game. One good, one limited. His engine and work ethic is to be admired. His disposal is laughable in the main. Not good over head under duress. Slick of handball ...but to where/whom. Is actually right up there in the turnovers stats. Sure to improve some but some tempered evaluation ought to be applied.

I reckon we dodged a bullet. I reckon the brains at the Club know this and are playing their cards very close and tight lest others get wind too soon. If we play out the "oh poor us " act really well, we'll get some decent picks and we'll move on. Public sentiment will be behind us and allis right in the world. For me anyways.

Having said that we could have all lived without this sh!t all year !!

The end is nigh...well the end to all this charade !!

Like it or loath it Tom scully will do what's right for Tom scully in exactly the same way MFC will do what's right for MFC.

No one should be looking at MFC as a mockery... well not because of this saga anyway..

This is a consequence of the AFL deciding to expand into West Sydney. We were never on a level playing field.

I call for an investigation as to why the opportunity to offer 3rd party agreements was not afforded to us whilst others can benefit from it.

I'm sick of the AFL and their obvious hypocrisy. If we were in Europe we would [censored] riot over this [censored].

What a farce this is. Good luck Tom. Good luck being the most hated number 1 draft pick ever and having no protection in a team full of kids. Just a tip- Moloney is going to wreck you for treating us with contempt, for he loves this club- and you have treated us as a half way house to greener pastures.

Guest Range.Rover

truth?

innocence?

civilians?

supporters?

MFC?

sport?

everyone?

take your pick, or add to the list

For some reason out of all those choices I gravitate towards the MFC.

What is it about us? We are forever the kid who gets his lunch money stolen from him by the school bully. The nerd on beach who's face the jocks kick sand merrily at.

When does this culture change? When?

Tom who?

His departure says more about Tom Scully than it does about the MFC. In the history of the oldest elite football club in the world his name will be writ large in infamy. For mine his heart never beat true for the red and the blue. I would not be surprised if a lucrative move to an expansion team was part of his career planning when he, his family and his managers realised that he would not be drafted by a 'big' Victorian team. In that we have been played for suckers which is never a pleasant experience. As far as GWS goes I would also not be surprised it that career plan includes a move back to one of 'big' Victorian teams at the expiration of his GWS contract.

So we move on with the compensation picks and a new coach and with players like the highly talented Jack Trengove who signed a 3 year deal on arrival and then extended in his second year for another 4 in the week after one of the most embarrassing performances ever by a Melbourne team. His heart obviously beats true for the red and the blue.

This club has made significant advances in recent times in rebuilding the list, establishing elite facilities, eliminating debt and building membership. We are finally in a good position to thrive rather than survive. Its up to us to assist the club in building on those strong foundations. We must let one young man's decison making divert us from that. As members we are all ambassadors for the club. Each one of us needs to make a commitment to get as many Dees fans who were not members in 2011 to sign up in 2012.

GO DEES!

Edited by demoniac

For some reason out of all those choices I gravitate towards the MFC.

What is it about us? We are forever the kid who gets his lunch money stolen from him by the school bully. The nerd on beach who's face the jocks kick sand merrily at.

When does this culture change? When?

The bully is the AFL.. don't feel so bad- they kicked sand in Geelong's, Brisbane's, Adelaide's and the Bulldog's faces also.

Hopefully our culture changes with a new coach. I hope the mincing R. Lyon can instill some mongrel in our playing group, this is a seperate issue though.

We have been arse rapped by a big fat Greek guy and an old senile bitter retard. It will feel terrible for a few months but we'll get over it.

I've spent this entire year supporting and backing Tom Scully to death, but I'm done.

Seriously, this charade is becoming a joke and I have no respect left for someone who is now treating our club with such open contempt.

If you want to leave, just leave. Don't drag out your decision, make a mockery of our club, take your time pissing off to Western Sydney, I mean come on, have some common level of decency for your club!

He is not Chris Judd.

It's been this way for a while now.

Exactly my point; It's based on a formula. The formula doesn't have a keep quiet for as long as possible so we can break the news clause in it.

I want GWS round 1 next year... What's the bet Mr Sully pulls out though...

Lets move on to discuss our compo. I would rather 2 new draftees who are committed to the cause.

I am so sad about this. I thought his professoinal attitude would translate to want of premiership glory- not a fat bank account!

Thanks for [censored] all over Barrassi's jumper. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mr Sully...

The point is..the longer its played the higer the gain. You only play your best trump when it exacts a win. Play it all too early and everyone knows your cards.

I suspect the clubhas known for ages what the offer was to Tom, but needed it outed. It does so by placing an ambut offer of its own. Forces GWS to fess up, sort of.

We all know only the gist of the offers. We arent privy to the clauses and the bonuses etc etc. This will form part of any compensation. Dont for a moment underplay the impact of public sentiment also. Let the cat out of the bag too early and itll have no legs come time for serious barter

Theres much in haggling about timing and the opportunity to leverage the hard to quantify..i.e perceptions etc

WE are now the litmus test for compensation. Not the Doggies..or the Crows..or Freo or anyone..its US. Were losing our "treasured" #1. No one else.

Play it right and we'll possibly do ok in the long run. Stuff it up and all the wait will be for nought ( next to )

I trust the club

The decision isn't so hard to make and surely he would know by now which direction he wants his career to take. Take the money and play with a team that will struggle for years or stay with the MFC and potentially be playing finals in a few years time. Money can't buy you a premiership. If it is true what they say about Scully being so determined to be a great footballer, then surely going to GWS isn't a great career move. Once you earn a certain amount of money, how much more do you really need to live comfortably? Money does not = quality and a fulfilling life. People who have much less are generally much happier.

Exactly my point; It's based on a formula. The formula doesn't have a keep quiet for as long as possible so we can break the news clause in it.

I want GWS round 1 next year... What's the bet Mr Sully pulls out though...

Lets move on to discuss our compo. I would rather 2 new draftees who are committed to the cause.

I am so sad about this. I thought his professoinal attitude would translate to want of premiership glory- not a fat bank account!

Thanks for [censored] all over Barrassi's jumper. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mr Sully...

Yep absolutely.

Ah, I think I need to go get a good Bevy, or 3! It's bin a looong Year that was.

Guest Darren Lamb

Just saw Hutchy on telly harassing Scully at the airport.

Said he honestly hasn't yet decided. Sounded genuine.

His dad said they've gone there to support Tom. Sounded genuine and plausible.

Sorry to be a voice of reason.

Belze- if that was the case we still would have fessed up after the Port game IMO.. That was the last game- if we were required to keep quiet about it, there was nothing extra to be gained by holding on to that info so GWS can have their moment in the sun.

If Tom did make up his mind early and has just been toying with us I want that truth to be out there.

I also want noise to be made about the fact we weren't afforded the opportunity to offer 3rd party agreements.

What would you do if you were in Scully's position?

I would take the money and run...

Dodgy knee & unproven! 6 million over 5 years.

Come on give him a break! Go Tom you crazy if you dont.

It would probably be a plus for the Dee's in the long run. Two top picks and no iflated contract to Tom.

Players such as Andrw Gaff and the like are in front of Scully already!

We should be chasing Gaff. If you saw him play yesterday against the Pies he is GOLD. And was a Melbourne supporter.

My two key targets for trade at the end of next season are Andrew Gaff (West Coast) & Tom Lynch (Gold Coast).

Looks like we have Pick 12 this season. And picks 10 compo, 19 compo & Jack Viney ed of 2012! Add another top 14 pick if we dont have to use on Jack Viney.

Edited by jungle dee

What would you do if you were in Scully's position?

I would take the money and run...

Dodgy knee & unproven! 6 million over 5 years.

Come on give him a break! Go Tom you crazy if you dont.

It would probably be a plus for the Dee's in the long run. Two top picks and no iflated contract to Tom.

Players such as Andrw Gaff and the like are in front of Scully already!

We should be chasing Gaff. If you saw him play yesterday against the Pies he is GOLD. And was a Melbourne supporter.

My two key targets for trade at the end of next season are Andrew Gaff (West Coast) & Tom Lynch (Gold Coast).

Looks like we have Pick 12 this season. And picks 10 compo, 19 compo & Jack Viney ed of 2012! Add another top 14 pick if we dont have to use on Jack Viney.

Fairly sure one C.Judd was a Melbourne supporter. Who they support is irrelevant. They are professionals and who they support as a kid becomes irrelevant.

It's certainly no reflection on the mfc.

Dustin Martin signed before he had an offer from anyone else. Jack Trengove signed before he had an offer from anyone else. It's not an offer to good to refuse if you are not driven by money. Martin and Trengove are loyal players not driven by the dollar, scully is not, and that's no fault of the mfc.

Just saw Hutchy on telly harassing Scully at the airport.

Said he honestly hasn't yet decided. Sounded genuine.

His dad said they've gone there to support Tom. Sounded genuine and plausible.

Sorry to be a voice of reason.

Look I know that Tom had all sorts of trouble moving out of home from Berwick to Malvern. The FC made him do this and he had such trouble with it his sister had to move in with him. So he his a family boy and it wouldn't surprise me if he took daddy up to get his opinion.

That said I still don't condone the length this has been dragged out.

Edited by deestar

Belze- if that was the case we still would have fessed up after the Port game IMO.. That was the last game- if we were required to keep quiet about it, there was nothing extra to be gained by holding on to that info so GWS can have their moment in the sun.

If Tom did make up his mind early and has just been toying with us I want that truth to be out there.

I also want noise to be made about the fact we weren't afforded the opportunity to offer 3rd party agreements.

3rd party offers were there, but jumped on by Vlad.. its an equal playing field huh !!! lol . The AFL is making sure the 'move' all goes to plan.

It works better for us to get as much 'positive " press as we can. This augments the position that the AFL needs to compensate us satisfactorily.

its only an opinion I grant you.:)

Guest Range.Rover

If we are to believe that Gws have uppered to coin to 6 million would that imply that he had not signed early. Or still has not made up his mined. I sure there's a movie in this somewhere

There is ... and you are witnessing it in realtime!

Written and directed by K. Sheedy.

I's suggest this is the last time anyone on this site labels him 'senile' or a 'fool'.

Edited by Range.Rover

It's certainly no reflection on the mfc.

Dustin Martin signed before he had an offer from anyone else. Jack Trengove signed before he had an offer from anyone else. It's not an offer to good to refuse if you are not driven by money. Martin and Trengove are loyal players not driven by the dollar, scully is not, and that's no fault of the mfc.

I agree. We were never in a position to match the dollars. We were behind the 8 ball from the get go. IF we could offer 3rd party agreements it could have been differnet.

The AFL have pried a future star from our hands- make no mistake. It MAY end up in our favour if his knee can't stand up to the rigors of AFL football. These things usually have a way of working in our favour (McClean/Johnson etc).

We have 2 chances of picking a dedicated future MFC star now. Can we please ask them if they want to play for us and are interested in premiership success, not bags of cash that will inevitably come anyway? Gauge their response.

Life goes on. Mr Sully will be known as a money grabber from this day forth. Lets nurture a proper footballer- one who's success is gauged by premierships.