Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Didn't Scully's manager also say that Dees supporters should be optimistic?

Sculs family obviously has a soft spot for the MFC to which should work in our favour after reading Big Fitzy's Q & A from the clubs web page. He gave them a rap and massive thanks.

Cant hurt

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that anybody has said that any of the coaches who are linked with our clubs are done deals, signed and on there way,simply plausible, and people would be excited by the outcome

People do use the same type of article to infer without doubt a player is leaving this is the difference,

You are *right that people make assumptions, that is where the similarities end

I didn't say that.

What I'm saying is this.

People have a tendency to believe the positive that comes out of the press (or anywhere for that mater) because they want to.

On the other hand if it is in the negative then the reporter is a scumbag who wouldn't know.

I'm not referring to any particular poster or any particular thread I'm just making an observation about human nature.

So am I correct in assuming you are hinting that the most recent news article, where it is bascially saying that Scully hasn't signed with GWS, you are not agreeing with that, because you still believe all the other articles saying that he has signed, even though the man himself says he hasn't?

Sorry if I'm misreading your post.

If you are asuading that I beleive that various media are being drip fed a [censored] and bull story , that theyve been manipulated long and hard ?? yep

Depends on which parts of Sydney you see RF. For example, I work in Gordon which is on the upper north shore and it is a beautiful area with lots of bush and parkland... love my lunchtime walks. There are other areas that are equally as nice with some spectacular views, nice tasteful houses and gardens and out of the mad rush.

The thing that Sydney lacks (but is finally improving in) are equivalents to Melbourne places like Ackland (sp?) Street, Brunswick Street, Lygon Street (although Leichhardt and Habberfield are getting there), Victoria, Sth Melbourne and Prahran Markets etc (I really miss Victoria Markets on a Saturday morning). For residential areas outside the CBD though, I would rate Sydney ahead of Melbourne.

Really, I could live quite happily in both places... but I suppose the advantage of living in Sydney is that when I visit Melbourne I tend to take a lot more advantage of what it offers, than if I was living there (in which case you tend to take a lot for granted).

I lived in Sydney for 6 months when i was first married and just hated the place couldn't wait to get out of it. I got a transfer in my job back to Melbourne which they weren't happy about but it was either that or I'd leave. We lived in Mosman and I must say i couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Bobin Head was ok and some of the places around there were quite nice but overall I wasn't impressed and dislike it even more now.

Weren't you the [censored] that i had a go at for starting one of the early rumours about Scully?

Wow.

I'm 99% sure that I have no idea whether Scully is staying or going, but am 100% sure that Wolfmother knows a hell of a lot more about the Scully issue than you do.

FFS this is the most boring topic to ever be discussed on Demonland.

If you are asuading that I beleive that various media are being drip fed a [censored] and bull story , that theyve been manipulated long and hard ?? yep

When they report he hasn't signed, we believe it, when they say he has, we don't.

Humans will believe what they want to believe and will make all sorts of excuses as to why.

Before anyone gets on here to dispute that, it is merely an observation on my part, remember that.

Wow.

I'm 99% sure that I have no idea whether Scully is staying or going, but am 100% sure that Wolfmother knows a hell of a lot more about the Scully issue than you do.

And you know this how?

Do you think sponsoring a player entitles you to intimate or other knowledge of their contract negotiations? Scully has told everyone the same thing he hasn't signed therefore I know as much as anyone else. Agree?

Wow.

I reckon!

Talk about flogging a dead horse!

And you know this how?

Do you think sponsoring a player entitles you to intimate or other knowledge of their contract negotiations? Scully has told everyone the same thing he hasn't signed therefore I know as much as anyone else. Agree?

It's never been claimed I know more than anyone else I've only confirmed most of the stuff in the public domain but sometimes I have to say something when posters on this site character assassinate a fine young man who has done nothing wrong besides being a good footballer and a target of monster that the AFL created

It's never been claimed I know more than anyone else I've only confirmed most of the stuff in the public domain but sometimes I have to say something when posters on this site character assassinate a fine young man who has done nothing wrong besides being a good footballer and a target of monster that the AFL created

Just let Tom know a lot of MFC supporters really wan Tom to play 10-15 seasons wearing the number 31 WM if you get the chance.

He is an important cog in our engine, with a new coach this group could be anything.

I think you're missing something here RR. There is a phenomenon observable in many locations where people interact, including this site and remarkably enough in the media, where people wishing to sound authoritative give their opinion in the form of a definitive statement. Things like "there is no way in hell that that horse can win," "it'll never fly," or indeed "he's gone." They do this so that people will assume that they have definitive information on the subject, whereas a statement such as "in my opinion he is gone" gives much more reason to doubt and admits the possibility of being wrong, despite being far more accurate.

In this case we have your quote "Don't be so naive he got the offer last October" which we see has been couched as a statement of fact. This comment has come from someone with no direct connection to the events. We have also been given comments from many people who are directly involved with the events in question, such as SOS in the newspapers today "We've basically done our pitch, so it's up to him now," and indeed Scully himself who has repeatedly told us that he has not made a deal and will decide once the season is over. Given the information provided by people in a position to know, I feel it is a very safe assumption that the Ox was making use of the above tactic and trying to make his opinion sound more like fact than was actually the case.

I don't know where to start with this one.

Re the Ox ... it's just a bloke in the know clumsily tweeting what he no doubt was supposed to keep secret.

Why not say that directly on air if you want to big note yourself? Nup, he let the truth slip about the October offer.

Steve Silvagni has since corroborated it on Hutchy's show with a little slip up of his own for chrissakes.

The Ox was indeed well connected to these events. You just needed to be able to read the tea-leaves, smell the coffee, what have you. He was given the inside word from someone who definitely knew.

I don't even why I bother anymore. People on here are now quoting poster 'Wolfmother' to back up their storytelling so it's all become a bit of a farce ... much like the whole drama itself.

Some of you must be getting ill from drinking all that Kool-aid.

Edited by Range Rover

I don't know where to start with this one.

Re the Ox ... it's just a bloke in the know clumsily tweeting what he no doubt was supposed to keep secret.

Why not say that directly on air if you want to big note yourself? Nup, he let the truth slip.

Steve Silvagni has since corroborated it on Hutchy's show with a little slip up of his own.

I don't even why I bother anymore.

People on here are now quoting poster 'Wolfmother' to back up there storytelling so it's all become a bit of a farce ... much like the whole drama itself.

Exactly, it's what you want to believe and if it's not it must be a lie.

I will believe the report that comes out of the club telling me one way or another.

I'm not sure if he will go or stay but I know for a fact that the newspapers were on to this early in the year so it must have had some legs.

Whether Tom Scully had any knowledge of it I don't know either, but it would appear that someone knew there was an offer or that there would be one and that it would be substantial. That is undeniable.

Someone in the media was meant to keep a secret? How long has this been going on?

Still to be convinced how David Schwarz and his ilk are 'in the know' on this issue...

The club? Why haven't we made a statement?

GWS? How did he get those links?

Or do you get magically imbued with biotic powers of footy knowledge when you work for SEN?

Exactly, it's what you want to believe and if it's not it must be a lie.

I will believe the report that comes out of the club telling me one way or another.

I'm not sure if he will go or stay but I know for a fact that the newspapers were on to this early in the year so it must have had some legs.

Whether Tom Scully had any knowledge of it I don't know either, but it would appear that someone knew there was an offer or that there would be one and that it would be substantial. That is undeniable.

Robbie F having worked in a newsroom for 10 years a while back i can assure you a story like this can grow, not because it is fact but certain Journalists wish to make it a fact...Just because it was in the press early on, does not make it Rock Solid....It could be, but just as easily not.

Still to be convinced how David Schwarz and his ilk are 'in the know' on this issue...

The club? Why haven't we made a statement?

GWS? How did he get those links?

Or do you get magically imbued with biotic powers of footy knowledge when you work for SEN?

Explore the Schwab-Schwarz nexus .....

How cute and fitting that they even share Germanic surnames given my previous post!

There's no magic to it. Only logic.

Robbie F having worked in a newsroom for 10 years a while back i can assure you a story like this can grow, not because it is fact but certain Journalists wish to make it a fact...Just because it was in the press early on, does not make it Rock Solid....It could be, but just as easily not.

That is correct but it had to start somewhere and it's not without foundation, the story may have a life of its own, but it is the beginning that I'm referring to. Someone knew that GWS were chasing Scully months ago and that seems to be on the mark, how did they know, how much did Tom Scully's management know, how much did anyone know, that's the story. The press reported that they were after him and were prepared to offer huge sums and a long term contract, this was out months ago and lo and behold he has been offered a big contract. Ward hasn't denied the $800k contract so it's not a stretch to suggest that Scully would be on the same or more.

I seem to have difficulty in getting that message across, I don't care one way or the other what goes on in this thread, but there has always been a fair element of truth in the fact that GWS were and are chasing Scully. How much did everyone know that's the tricky part.

That is correct but it had to start somewhere and it's not without foundation, the story may have a life of its own, but it is the beginning that I'm referring to. Someone knew that GWS were chasing Scully months ago and that seems to be on the mark, how did they know, how much did Tom Scully's management know, how much did anyone know, that's the story. The press reported that they were after him and were prepared to offer huge sums and a long term contract, this was out months ago and lo and behold he has been offered a big contract. Ward hasn't denied the $800k contract so it's not a stretch to suggest that Scully would be on the same or more.

I seem to have difficulty in getting that message across, I don't care one way or the other what goes on in this thread, but there has always been a fair element of truth in the fact that GWS were and are chasing Scully. How much did everyone know that's the tricky part.

As I said to you a couple of pages ago, it started around last October with idle speculation about the sort of contracts players might get and grew from there.