• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Keenan

Palmer's manager states there is also another club in play for Palmer's Services read here

Exactly.

While I'd put money on him ending up at GWS, it's not even decided yet.

There's zero benefit in him lying about a decision being already made that GWS is his destination.

I also found it funny how, in the Herald Sun article, it is mentioned that Palmer is thought to complete the young quartet of players GWS has signed, including Davis, Ward and Scully.

Don't count your chickens!

Exactly.

While I'd put money on him ending up at GWS, it's not even decided yet.

There's zero benefit in him lying about a decision being already made that GWS is his destination.

I also found it funny how, in the Herald Sun article, it is mentioned that Palmer is thought to complete the young quartet of players GWS has signed, including Davis, Ward and Scully.

Don't count your chickens!

C'mon please. I suppose you think Phil Davis just upped and left Adelaide without an agreement in place as well?

Guest Gareth Keenan

What possible benefit would his manager have in saying there's another club in play?

Either just being honest, or they are trying to push up his price with GWS... indicating that an agreement still hasn't been reached.

Either way you look at it, I can't think of a logical reason to beat around the bush at this point if the deal has been done.

I heard it is St Kilda that are keen on him. Or were previously.

And if he ends up at St Kilda (or another club) then it just again goes to show how the media have been wrong on so many occassions

I find it funny that whilst "absolute certainties" to go to GWS (according to the media) have rejected a deal from GWS yet those who chose not to believe Tom don't seem to keen to acknowledge this

Either just being honest, or they are trying to push up his price with GWS... indicating that an agreement still hasn't been reached.

Either way you look at it, I can't think of a logical reason to beat around the bush at this point if the deal has been done.

It's interesting how you will acknowledge that it is possible for another player (Palmer) to use such tactics but not our very own beloved Demon.

Nice one Crackers.

It's interesting how you will acknowledge that it is possible for another player (Palmer) to use such tactics but not our very own beloved Demon.

Nice one Crackers.

The difference being that whilst Palmer may be wanted by the Giants - you would think that they are not going to have to pay much of a premium.

Whether we like TS's performance or potential to date you would have to agree that TS has more currency than RP and doesnt need other parties outside MFC and GWS to push his price up. ( same goes for Ward and Davis - no need for third parties to be hovering to increase the $$ that GWS are offering)

No problems.

Here you go:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/09/02/palmer-tells-fremantle-of-giants-move/

The story is from Kim Hagdom so make of it what you will.

He/she has also put this piece together re Scully being captain:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/09/06/scully-could-be-giants-captain/

Hagdorn is a he and he knows stuff all about Victorian clubs other than how to whinge how hard done WA teams are because of AFL bias to Vic.

Don't believe anything he says about Scully. He's dabbling in areas he has know hard evidence of let alone a faintest clue...

The difference being that whilst Palmer may be wanted by the Giants - you would think that they are not going to have to pay much of a premium.

Whether we like TS's performance or potential to date you would have to agree that TS has more currency than RP and doesnt need other parties outside MFC and GWS to push his price up. ( same goes for Ward and Davis - no need for third parties to be hovering to increase the $ that GWS are offering)

I agree more or less NB. Just making a point that some of us apply a different lens to our specs when assessing other club's players and one of our own.

It's as though when one straps on a red and blue guernsey they are incapable of even the remotest possibility of standard human folly/conduct/behaviour.

It's beyond parochialism and I can't understand it to be honest.

It doesn't make you 'more of a supporter' to think this way. But it does make you a less intelligent one.

Edited by Range Rover

Some understand and reject.

Truly ironic you choose to put in those terms .

I await the inevitable

I agree more or less NB. Just making a point that some of us apply a different lens to our specs when assessing other club's players and one of our own.

It's as though when one straps on a red and blue guernsey they are incapable of even the remotest possibility of standard human folly/conduct/behaviour.

It doesn't make you 'more of a supporter' to think this way. But it does make you less intelligent.

That's because our boys can do no wrong ( on the field excluded...)

I have no doubt our boys like all others play games to increase their pay packet.

I have no doubt that Sylvia's manager this year and Greens a few years ago ( to mention two) absolutely waved potential other offers in front of the club to raise the pay packet.

I think what we all forget is there is no other game in town at the moment except GWS and GC17. Sylvia is a case in point - the only way he could get to the Swans ( who purportedly had a contract ready) is offer up a suitable trade. The next way is the national draft like Ball - wouldnt have got past GWS - or PSD with a price on his head and there is little chance of him getting past GC17 or at least still being there by Sydney's pick.

The landscape will change with free agency though ...ewww

It doesn't make you 'more of a supporter' to think this way. But it does make you a less intelligent one.

On the flipside, could you admit many journo's putting their credibility on the line, e.g. with Taylor Walker, were wrong?

I don't see Walker suing for defamation as some are suggesting Tom could if the media is wrong

I reckon if Tom stays we will have also been given a BIG hint as to who the next coach of Melb will be... B)

might be....

Do you think our new coach is already onboard ?

My theory is we are playing for time on the coaches front, having received a nod and a wink from either Ross Lyon or Mick Malhouse. My suspicion is we lined up Mick a couple of months ago and are simply putting on a show to ease the speculation on Mick/ Pies (or Ross/Saints) till the finals are over. No big secret that Garry Lyon wants big name coach and only Lyon and Malthouse fit the bill. The new coach would have to have an influence on young Tom's decision, and undoubtedly the MFC will use everything they "have" to keep Tom.

might be....

Do you think our new coach is already onboard ?

Rekon you just hit the nail on the head Nutbean

It's going on 6 Weeks since Bails left the building.

Why hasn't there been any visable leg work in appointinting the next Coach?

The announced selection commitee has smoke screen written all over it.

The deal is done - I dont know the official outcome however stay tuned.

To me it appears Garry Lyon has already landed his man.

Rekon you just hit the nail on the head Nutbean

It's going on 6 Weeks since Bails left the building.

Why hasn't there been any visable leg work in appointinting the next Coach?

The announced selection commitee has smoke screen written all over it.

The deal is done - I dont know the official outcome however stay tuned.

To me it appears Garry Lyon has already landed his man.

I wonder if this article has anything to do with it...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/malthouse-criticises-expansion-rule-20110906-1juvy.html