Guess the crowd this week

dees189227

Guest hangon007

the solution is very simple

"Start winning games"

and the crowds will come.

add an occasional win at ES would help.

also make sure the game is not over at quarter time

Sorry thats not the way it works in 2011. First you need to invest, then the wins will come.

You cant invest until the crowds come.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the amount of excuse from people who post here regularly saying things like.

"i refuse to go there"

"i hate that ground, will never go back."

It's only 2 stations from Richmond you wannabe supporters. The funniest part about it is that the people that are saying they won't go to that ground, are the ones that are on here complaining the most about this and that, "we'll never be anything" "watch scully's 4th last game as a dee". You honestly make me sick. Why would you even bother saying you support the team if you don't actually... support the freaking team. Some say that of recent events this is the darkest time melbourne has had for a long time, well i can remember one, going to watch the boys play only 2-3 years ago to win 4 games in each year. Now we actually have a chance to make the finals and you don't want to go to the game because "it's too far?" "pies are too expensive?"

Sack up, support the boys in their time of need.

And if i get those morons who say, "they should play well then i'll go" my reply would be GTFO

GET TO ETIHAD YOU IDIOTS

Guest hangon007

A little sampler of crowd numbers for the next 5 years of Scully's career?

Well that all depends on where he goes!!!!! :)

If playing in front of big crowds is important to him. B)

Guest hangon007

Can't believe the amount of excuse from people who post here regularly saying things like.

"i refuse to go there"

It's only 2 stations from Richmond you wannabe supporters. The funniest part about it is that the people that are saying they won't go to that ground, are the ones that are on here complaining the most about this and that, "we'll never be anything" "watch scully's 4th last game as a dee". You honestly make me sick. Why would you even bother saying you support the team if you don't actually... support the freaking team. Some say that of recent events this is the darkest time melbourne has had for a long time, well i can remember one, going to watch the boys play only 2-3 years ago to win 4 games in each year. Now we actually have a chance to make the finals and you don't want to go to the game because "it's too far?" "pies are too expensive?"

And if i get those morons who say, "they should play well then i'll go" my reply would be GTFO

GET TO ETIHAD YOU IDIOTS

+1 beautifully said.

The best is when MFC supporters buy into paying out MCC/MFC fans.I sit in the MCC every week, and the crowd is almost always quite good in the MCC. As for the rest of the ground (which is quite easy to see)...

I may be a little thick but I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.Please explain!

Like old dee, I'd like further explanation of above.

Regarding going to ES as opposed to the G, if you live in the bush, I'm finding it so easy to get to off citylink, straight into underground park, and get back on the road to home after.

In fact more than once, when the G carpark has been closed for wet weather, and the surrounding underground carparks will not allow football followers into them, I have turned around and driven back to NE Victoria without seeing the game.

And a 1:10pm start on a sunday game makes a positive difference. I will not attend twighlight (4pm)on a sunday due to length of trip home afterwards.

So, if you're one of the 50% of members who live regionally, give the 1pm sunday game a crack.

Personally, I feel a lot of footy fans (and some MFC fans) buy into the notion that MCC fans are soft and don't attend games, are fairweather fans etc.

I feel that the turnout in the MCC area of MFC supporters is always quite good (considering it's 1/5 of the ground).

From what I see of the rest of the ground some weeks (namely last week and the Hawthorn game), it's the outer where the lack of MFC numbers really shows.

It's just a pet hate of mine, and probably and over reaction, but it's an opinion nonetheless.

Personally, I feel a lot of footy fans (and some MFC fans) buy into the notion that MCC fans are soft and don't attend games, are fairweather fans etc.

I feel that the turnout in the MCC area of MFC supporters is always quite good (considering it's 1/5 of the ground).

From what I see of the rest of the ground some weeks (namely last week and the Hawthorn game), it's the outer where the lack of MFC numbers really shows.

It's just a pet hate of mine, and probably and over reaction, but it's an opinion nonetheless.

Valid and effective point. I too see good attendance in the MCC from the outer. There's no doubt not enough supporters attend, although, did we not once have the best percentage turnout of crowd v members? But a high percentage of stuff-all doesn't equate to good crowd numbers. Anyway, the home crowds are poor and all the reasons have been covered elsewhere.

Thanks for responding.

Valid and effective point. I too see good attendance in the MCC from the outer. There's no doubt not enough supporters attend, although, did we not once have the best percentage turnout of crowd v members? But a high percentage of stuff-all doesn't equate to good crowd numbers. Anyway, the home crowds are poor and all the reasons have been covered elsewhere.

Thanks for responding.

Guys I do not think we are any different to most other clubs.

Win games and people turn up.

Get constantly thrashed and they stay away.

I have trouble getting myself up to go at present

and i am a fanatic so I can understand why less commited people stay home.

I would never consider going to this hole usually but I am thinking about it this time...remember Jamar kicking 5 against Carlton a few years ago...play him in the forward/ ruck with Maxie, put SME at Full Back..maybe Fitzy on the bench

Who is the SME?

- Large number of MCC members are club members. They don't venture away from the MCG, especially considering members have to pay to get in this week.

- Etihad is rubbish

- We've just lost by 186 + 76 points

- It's Etihad

Yeah I know Etihad is shite.

But when the chips are down this where we need to stand up and support the club.

If have a very slim chance of making finals they need all the support they can get.

I would hate to get there on the weekend and see there are just as many Eagle supporters as us.

Edited by Happeninghunts

well here goes

- got belted by them earlier in the year.

- have lost to every one of the top 6 teams by 10+ goals

- have not won at Eithad since adam played fullback for Jerusalem.

- I doubt there was more than 10 000 Dees at the G on saturday.

- dees traditionaly stay away fron ES

- looks good snow this weekend

so add all that together and we will struggle to get more than 8000 plus Eagles supporters.

How is that!

probably true old dee and rather pathetic isn't it

won't stop me, i'll be there even though i do hate ES

i'm hoping someone will at least give me a cameo to enjoy

I hate that stadium and refuse to attend

I do too but I am waiting to see the sides before I make a final decision.

Win or lose, I'll attend, no matter what stadium.

Why would you wait to see the sides ?

Unconditional support and just watching a game of footy with one of the sides wearing red & blue is good enough for me.

Win or lose, I'll attend, no matter what stadium.

Why would you wait to see the sides ?

Unconditional support and just watching a game of footy with one of the sides wearing red & blue is good enough for me.

+1

"i refuse to go there"

GET TO ETIHAD YOU IDIOTS

I will go, but it is easily my least favourite ground in Australia, and I have been to almost all.

It's got nothing to do with the location itself, although as a driver it is an annoying stadium.

The problem with Etihad is how sterile it is, lacking in atmosphere, and what it represents. To me, it is the epitome of elitist, "television friendly", corporatised rubbish that we have come to expect from the AFL. I know, let's make a stadium that is 25K too small, so we can sell it out to Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda season ticket holders and extract maximum coin, then go live against the gate.

So I will be there, the same as I go to the dentist annually, just don't ask me to enjoy the experience.

I will go, but it is easily my least favourite ground in Australia, and I have been to almost all.

It's got nothing to do with the location itself, although as a driver it is an annoying stadium.

The problem with Etihad is how sterile it is, lacking in atmosphere, and what it represents. To me, it is the epitome of elitist, "television friendly", corporatised rubbish that we have come to expect from the AFL. I know, let's make a stadium that is 25K too small, so we can sell it out to Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda season ticket holders and extract maximum coin, then go live against the gate.

So I will be there, the same as I go to the dentist annually, just don't ask me to enjoy the experience.

The jury is still out for me Choko

I think I would enjoy the dentist more on Sunday.

I am hope for inspiraion when the teams are selected tomorrow.

Dont tell me we have to put up with "off to the snow" references on our OWN fan site. I've been an MFC member for 38 years and an MCC member for 44 and couldnt name an aquaintance who is partial to such activities let alone drives a Range Rover. The Couldabeens have a lot to answer for !

And who the hell is this bloody chicken farmer from Winchelsea??

Being an MCC member, I object to having to pay extra to attend that shambles of a stadium.

just read the stuff on Jimmy and have decided to go on Sunday.

Time to show some support for him e25.

Come on forget your needs for this game.