NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE

Demonland

Agree to some extent, but Gawn & Jones each had only 3 handballs, and Jones had 0 frees against, so it can't have happened that often.

And a bit tough to hang it on Gawn, in a game where our so-called leaders let us down so badly. The best demonstration of this is that Max in his 5th game got more DT points than Green, Davey, Bate & Rivers.

I'm not "hanging it on Gawn", I think he's great potential and should be a much-needed big physical presence for us. Was just adding to the other poster that his kicking too needs work.

If Jones only handballed 3 times today, then it seems like each time got us into more trouble. Gawn's clanger was a doozy.

My point is, Jones' (& Gawn's today) decision-making in their disposal options is not good. Today several of Jones' kicks were into trouble too, so it's not just his handballing.

It's something the skills coaches should be working on & solve.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on mate....I spent a lot of time watching Scully today...i think for his sake and the Clubs sake....when Garry Lyon looks him in the eye i hope he give a very straight answer.

because his footy is suffering now because of all this...up until the Darwin game he had it under control...but now it is definately putting him off.

Time to give G. Lyon the answer Tom...i hope he visits the family this week, i know i would if i was in charge.

Agree, watching No.31 today, the problems seemed mental rather than anything wrong physically. It just seemed like his body was there running around, but in his head he's already left.

Maybe he has a dose of Moloney's flu coming on, which would be about the best-case answer to what we saw today. Sad.

Viney too needs to talk with Tom about the next 4 weeks (forget the other coaching staff, I sense they're all well past their use-by dates with MFC to be effective).

I think some are being a little harsh on Scully, I thought as the game went on the better he got. He looked rusty in the first half but I thought we was one of our better players in the second half. Today was the case of one of the best AFL midfields playing against a very young midfield butone with a big upside. I hope we can keep Scully with him we will have one of the best midfields in 2-3 years. The issue is at the moment Moloney is in a real bad patch of form so the pressure goes onto our young midfielders we don't have good established midfielders as mentioned besides Moloney our other quality players are 21 or under.

We are still heading in the right direction 2011 is just a speed bump on the way, we will refine things starting with our coach and coaching panel and hopefully put the right people in place to take us forward.

I think some are being a little harsh on Scully, I thought as the game went on the better he got. He looked rusty in the first half but I thought we was one of our better players in the second half. Today was the case of one of the best AFL midfields playing against a very young midfield butone with a big upside. I hope we can keep Scully with him we will have one of the best midfields in 2-3 years. The issue is at the moment Moloney is in a real bad patch of form so the pressure goes onto our young midfielders we don't have good established midfielders as mentioned besides Moloney our other quality players are 21 or under.

We are still heading in the right direction 2011 is just a speed bump on the way, we will refine things starting with our coach and coaching panel and hopefully put the right people in place to take us forward.

i hope we keep him to...but not at the detriment to the rest of our list..He may be worth a lot of coin, but he isn't yet. will be fascinating to see this pan out.

T

At Least Port Adelaide are far worse...

How the Fark were they allowed into this competition?

Disgrace.

These are MR Demetrious little Adelaide Achievers.

Hes very proud of them .

Okay - Judd is a prostitute of the highest order and I will never, ever, ever, appreciate how well he plays, how many Brownlows he wins, etc etc.

I know, I'm in denial and I choose to stay in my bubble.

Very , very funny .

I think some are being a little harsh on Scully, I thought as the game went on the better he got. He looked rusty in the first half but I thought we was one of our better players in the second half.

Fair enough, and if he'd committed to MFC by now, we'd definitely be able to put this bad patch he's going thru down to simply being a bit "rusty" or carrying some niggles or whatever. BUT, he's not committed and as we know, almost certainly being tempted by a disproportionately huge sum of $$$ from GWS.

So, that adds a whole other dimension into what we're witnessing.

And no doubt, Tom's inextricably caught up in the on and off-field intrigue that's been MFC news this past week, going right back to the China trip.

Like you I hope desperately we keep Tom, I love watching him in form. He has potential to be as good as that scrubber Judd we saw today.

I hope his potential is realised with us, but I fear the omens the past few weeks including today are not good in that regard.

For years now and I do mean YEARS, we have not developed any muscle!!

Look at the shoulders of our lot compared to ANY other team, we are WEEDS in comparison. And this was so during Danihers day.

We should only be a season behind the Blues in development ,because they tanked the 2 years before our two years. Oh well perhaps thats 2 years worth of development, it looks like we will be hopeless for years to come I'm afraid!

Did it occur to you that over the past 4 years our list has got younger. We now have one of the youngest lists in the AFL. They are still to develop mentally and phyisically for AFL.

We are at least 3 years behind Carlton as they bottomed in 2005,2006,2007. They also recruited Judd. As he should today he is a once in generation star. Worth 3 players in any side. MFC had a bigger rebuild thsn Carlton had.

Are you kidding??Very disappointing, can relate to most of the disappointment vented here. I have one family member who wanted to split at half time, another has also lost all passion for this team and berated Dad for committing them to a lifetime of misery. Coming home, they decided to flex their independence and announced they were looking for another team to support.I am simply sick of sitting there and being humiliated by other supporters.We have regressed unbelievably even in the past month.Our leadership was woeful asgain today, promote Trengove ASAP. And No.31 looked like he'd already left. Now I have to somehow brace for another humiliating Monday. Surely the players could have shown more tenacity, for the Club & Jimmy's sake. It's hard to think they're hurting as much as us supporters, the way they capitulated today after the first 20 minutes.

Sounds like your family are a pack of marshmallows. Toughen up a bit, or just leave at halftime, cause it's more of an indictment on you than the players.

29 scoring shots to 23. We only miss, Carlton could have hit a pin 50m away with their accuracy today. If the gods were kinder, it could have been a 4-5 goal loss, and everybody would be singing the praises of the gallant effort put up by the down and out Demons taking on top 4 Carlton.Not the end of the world.

Exactly KOD. The boys played hard today, and kicked sh!zen. But they tried and after last weeks pathetic game, I am willing to be happy with an effort.

Add Gawn.And to compound the problem, both Jones & Gawn constantly hanbdball into trouble - happened plenty of times today. It's a great shame, the part of Jones' game that lets him down. I love his physical presence, he just doesn't have the instinctive nous (a la Judd) to know what to do with it when he gets it. Too often caught indecisively holding the ball, as well.

You have to be kidding about Jones. Watch the bloody game again, and then say that with any seriousness. The bloke only got caught over and over by copping handpasses when he had a player sitting square on his arse. Another bit of softness here from heartbeatstrue, or should that be heartbeatssoftly?

That is all thanks to the antique Junction oval....The Facilities we have now should help that...but it will take a few pre seasons.Today i thought the attitude and application was pretty good...We must demand better, but they had a crack.We were beaten by a bigger and stronger side.We should be where Carlton is by 2013. As long as the whole club improves....demands high sacrifice on & off the field.This will be a great 5 weeks for Todd Viney, because next year in his development role, he will know that list so much better.

A sensible voice from WYL.

I'm spewing about the result today, but let's have a bit of a think about this. We went from playing like witches hats, and that wasn't an unfair assessment, to playing "bruise" footy. The boys tried, and all didn't work out as we would've liked, but who can honestly say that after last week they aren't willing to accept a tough effort? Jack Watts was a shining light, so was Howe. But we should all feel happy with the fact that today they tried, and tried hard. It was far from the result we wanted, but a marked improvement from last week, which I am willing to accept. More than anything though, if you must go on a witchhunt, at least go after blokes who didn't do bugger all, instead of someone like Jones, who as usual gave his all and copped sh!zen delivery.

Sounds like your family are a pack of marshmallows. Toughen up a bit, or just leave at halftime, cause it's more of an indictment on you than the players.

Thanks for that little piece of wisdom, I'll pass it on to the family. We all stayed to the absolute end, as we always do. But it's hard on kids to maintain their passion with what we've all been through. If you had kids who you'd brought up to support MFC, you'd hopefully understand.

And you get me wrong about Jones, I said & mean I love his hardness and effort at winning the ball. It's his disposal and if you watched him as close as I did today, it's a great pity that this aspect of his game hasn't been better coached (no shot at Bailey here). He was good today, but like the original poster said, his kicking could improve.

There are many of our so-called leaders who deserve to cop criticism today for pretty poor effort, but Jones isn't in that category.

Thanks for that little piece of wisdom, I'll pass it on to the family. We all stayed to the absolute end, as we always do. But it's hard on kids to maintain their passion with what we've all been through. If you had kids who you'd brought up to support MFC, you'd hopefully understand.

And you get me wrong about Jones, I said & mean I love his hardness and effort at winning the ball. It's his disposal and if you watched him as close as I did today, it's a great pity that this aspect of his game hasn't been better coached (no shot at Bailey here). He was good today, but like the original poster said, his kicking could improve.

There are many of our so-called leaders who deserve to cop criticism today for pretty poor effort, but Jones isn't in that category.

Couldn't agree more...great post.

If the MFC was a business you owned shares in you'd have sold up decades ago.

Week in and week out we go to watch our beloved Dees play and more often than not at the end of the match we're thinking to ourselves why did we waste the last 3 hours of our life watching this :(

I think some are being a little harsh on Scully, I thought as the game went on the better he got. He looked rusty in the first half but I thought we was one of our better players in the second half. Today was the case of one of the best AFL midfields playing against a very young midfield butone with a big upside. I hope we can keep Scully with him we will have one of the best midfields in 2-3 years.

Scully's gone. Why he's still playing in the ones is beyond me. Commit or Fark off. I can no longer watch this team with him in it.

The issue is at the moment Moloney is in a real bad patch of form so the pressure goes onto our young midfielders we don't have good established midfielders as mentioned besides Moloney our other quality players are 21 or under.

Moloney is the classic frontrunner that this club relies on for it's big wins. Has the guy had a good game against quality opposition this year? You can add Green, Davey, Jones, Dunn and Bate to that list. They should all be dumped to Casey for the remainder. How Sylvia was dumped in front of this lot is beyond me.

It's a train wreck not a speed bump. Look at it without you red and blue glasses on. Our President is too sick to work, our CEO is a devisive influence within the club and amongst our sponsors. Connolly the Clown is unable to do his role effectively, whatever it actually is. Both are seriously compromised but remain at the club. The only person the club can turn to is a retired player who's media commitments mean he has a serious conflict of interest in working for the club. Our current coach has no desire to do the job. Did I mention all these guys are mates and clearly aren't accountable to anyone. Our captain is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing to watch. Our highest paid player on the longest contract has not fired a shot all year. Our Number 1 recruit and potential superstar of the game has clearly agreed to terms outside of the club and is still playing in the ones. And our playing list does not have one effective player over 22, not one!!!

Speed bump my arse.

What makes you presume I don't?

I've looked back over your posts again, and despite your talk in response about our "so-called leaders", Jones was the only one you singled out for criticism. I watched Jones very closely as I always do, because I always feel that he needs some support from all the [censored] he cops on here. And those who watch closely realise that his poor disposal is almost exclusively due to terrible delivery. I agree completely with your last line, but can't see that sentiment in any of your previous posts.

What makes you presume I don't?

I've looked back over your posts again, and despite your talk in response about our "so-called leaders", Jones was the only one you singled out for criticism. I watched Jones very closely as I always do, because I always feel that he needs some support from all the [censored] he cops on here. And those who watch closely realise that his poor disposal is almost exclusively due to terrible delivery. I agree completely with your last line, but can't see that sentiment in any of your previous posts.

If you do have kids supporting the Dees, good on you. well done, especially with so much peer pressure for them to support the successful teams of today.

re Jones, do you put all his disposal problems down to "terrible delivery"? We would differ there, I've watched freakishly great players who, under pressure, almost always choose the near-perfect option. Greg Williams was the best, Judd today was incredibly (and annoyingly!) good at this.

I'm not sure if you were at the 'G today, or watched it on TV. Probably you miss that wider perspective of options on TV.

Jones is ferocious at winning the ball, his endeavour today was what I wanted to see from all our leaders (but didn't).

I said this earlier tonight in this same thread:

> Our leadership was woeful again today, promote Trengove ASAP.

Here is what I was responding to re Jones:

> Are my eyes deceiving me or do we have two players who struggle with the actual skill of kicking a football ... Jones and Petterd.

My response:

> It's a great shame, the part of Jones' game that lets him down. I love his physical presence, he just doesn't have the instinctive nous (a la Judd) to know what to do with it when he gets it.

I had meant it to be constructive comment re Jones, and I wish the skills coaches would work with him on it. Viney will probably be good for Jones' game, I feel. I would prefer to see him encouraged to give it a big roost towards goal, whenever he gets the ball forward of centre. He's a booming kick when he winds up, whereas to turn it over with short passing after so much effort at winning it is heartbreaking.

The softness re endeavour from many senior players (not Jones, as you correctly point out in defending him) was disappointing, after the first 20 minutes.

If you do have kids supporting the Dees, good on you. well done, especially with so much peer pressure for them to support the successful teams of today.

I too have shamefully blown my kids chances for a happy future by rasing them as demons members and supporters. It is a circle of violence that started with my grandfather and has been inflicted on each generation since.

I comfort myself that:

a) it will help teach them character (not so sure now....we have little of that in the team)

B) it will teach them humility (no problems there)

c) it will teach them that things could always be worse (not sure about that either atm)

d) it will save me big bucks when they need psychotherapy/ later in life....no digging aroound for months finding the issues....."I think you hate your father for having you support MFC"