Cameron Schwab use as a sacrifice to keep Tom Scully

7-UP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was true it would be the basis of an article, not an excuse fora headline and to short lines. This would be reported on in every single paper.

Simply don't believe this, and not worth casting aspersions on scully for this. If something like this was even considered than they must've had reason to do it anyway and should have, in fact if this was serious CS would likely be gone regardless of TS

I'm sick to death of hearing about Scully and if he's going to go or stay, just go so we can get on with it, if he's going to blame Schwab or Connolly forget it. He's a 20 year-old footballer who has played 20-odd games, give me a break.

I'm as with all club supporters are mystified as to the alledged problems between senior players and CEO and CC.

perhaps they were told that in the light of a youth policy ad the exopected time frmes to achive a premiership window opportunity that there would not actually be a pile of money avaialable to allow them to coast downhill for the rest of their careers. Maybe the CEO suggested that there next contracts were to be shorter and perfromance based (GOD forbid)may they all saw the writing on the wall al Junior and Bruce. Maybe they decided that their best protection was to align with Bailey who never seemed to expect too much from them and always was understanding and full of excuses( Seen patting them on the back after extremely bad performances vs West Coast and Hawthorn)Maybe they are more worried about their futures that the club. IMO some serious questions need to be asked of our senior playing group

The othe important issue to be addressed is what the hell has the board been doing while this train wreck has been developing?What about a little transparency. As is covered in other topics here the board are ultimately responsible not the employees. In typical fashion they have gone to ground leaving vacant space for non board members like Gary Lyon to fill with their egos

It. Makes. No. Sense.

Do these people even read their articles once written?

I suppose every Scully angle has been covered now and there will be no more Scully articles until he signs...

I don't know what's fact and what's fiction, but I know that Scully:

1. is clearly stringing out his negotiation to the detriment of the club;

2. is only 20 years old, and should have respect for the fact that he's a young player in a club that also has obligations to other players, sponsors and supporters; and

3. if in GWS stripes next year, should result in us getting two first rounders and a saving a fair clip under the salary cap (which I would like to see the Dees' spend on our loyal, equally talented juniors (eg, Trengove, Watts and McKenzie, and potentially also some hard arsed gun from another club).

I also hope the MFC don't lose Sylvia because of this saga.

I don't know Schwab - but, let's not forget, we were in deep trouble prior to his appointment, and I think he's clearly had a hand in turning it around.

If this article's true, it disappoints me. For a start, I think Schwab deserves more respect that being offered up as a sacrificial lamb to try and convince some kid to stay at the club. It seems desperate and entirely unprofessional.

I'm sick to death of hearing about Scully and if he's going to go or stay, just go so we can get on with it, if he's going to blame Schwab or Connolly forget it. He's a 20 year-old footballer who has played 20-odd games, give me a break.

Me too I have had a gut full of this, some days I think Bugger of to GWS you are 1 player!

I don't know what's fact and what's fiction, but I know that Scully:

1. is clearly stringing out his negotiation to the detriment of the club;

2. is only 20 years old, and should have respect for the fact that he's a young player in a club that also has obligations to other players, sponsors and supporters; and

3. if in GWS stripes next year, should result in us getting two first rounders and a saving a fair clip under the salary cap (which I would like to see the Dees' spend on our loyal, equally talented juniors (eg, Trengove, Watts and McKenzie, and potentially also some hard arsed gun from another club).

I also hope the MFC don't lose Sylvia because of this saga.

I don't know Schwab - but, let's not forget, we were in deep trouble prior to his appointment, and I think he's clearly had a hand in turning it around.

If this article's true, it disappoints me. For a start, I think Schwab deserves more respect that being offered up as a sacrificial lamb to try and convince some kid to stay at the club. It seems desperate and entirely unprofessional.

And who has a dicky knee

Outside of criticism of Schwab by players for interfering in the football department, the chief reason he was not going to have his contract renewed, was because certain board members were unhappy with his business methods, specifically the number of highly paid administration staff he surrounded himself with.

Widespread speculation that the Demons who, under Schwab's watch have eliminated a $5m debt, are heading for a significant loss, appears unfounded.

In May, Melbourne is understood to have reported to the AFL that it is on target with its forecast of a 2011 profit of $100,000.

That figure is under last year's operating profit, before writedowns, of close to $1m.

I find this interesting. The rest is ridiculous.

edit:

What the board should have done earlier in the year was fill a position in the FD which could report back to the board, instead of having Schwab dabbling in there and instead of Jim taking this position as a result of the outcome of the Andrews report. Instead of trying to apply a bandaid solution that takes away from other positions within the club.

The board should be more accountable in this regard.

Maybe this is why Schwab kept his job.... Scully said thanks but no thanks, its too late im gone.... Schwab keeps his job.

Or maybe it is artistic licence by the journo?

What an awful state of affairs if this is true.

If this little piece of nonsense is true we have got bigger problems than Tom Scully's recalcitrance.

And who has a dicky knee

and whose family are mad keen tigers as he was and if he could he would do a deal to get there. After he gets his five million from GWS he probably will try in Judd like fashion (free agency). He has become a big risk for whatever club he ends up with.

Edited by Harrisonrules

I certainly hope that this is a load of codswallop. Pandering to some kid is just attrocious if true.

Better not be :wacko:

Or maybe it is artistic licence by the journo?

What an awful state of affairs if this is true.

If this little piece of nonsense is true we have got bigger problems than Tom Scully's recalcitrance.

It sounds dramatic but maybe not as bad as the press want people to make out. It can all be fixed relatively easily with at worst a few sackings ( I'm not advocating this). What you cann't fix quickly is a wretched playing list and we have a good one to build upon. I'm one who believes we have made the right decision with the coach. It was tough but right. The grief will last a little while. The worst we will do with the new appointment is Mark Williams and I reckon he would be an unexpected coup. Thus the hardest part of building a great team has been done. Stick tight and continue living with that confident smirk.

Perhaps some have missed this paragraph but, to me, it highlights how ridiculous the article is.

"The carrot offered to the out-of-contract Scully to keep him out of the clutches of Greater Western Sydney was understood to have been made despite the knowledge by some at Melbourne he probably has already agreed to move on a lucrative long-term deal."

How likely is it that a club would sack its CEO to keep a second year player who many at the club apparently think is gone anyway?

Not to mention how the wording underscores the guesswor. The knowledge that he probably?

Me too I have had a gut full of this, some days I think Bugger of to GWS you are 1 player!

Once again everyone is getting hostile towards Tom, even though it is the media that keeps bringing sh!t up that we don't know is fact or fiction. Take him for what he says and wait til the end of the year and see what happens. We don't even know if Scully truly has any issues with our admin, for we haven't seen it first hand. Everything the media reports is true isn't it?

Perhaps some have missed this paragraph but, to me, it highlights how ridiculous the article is.

"The carrot offered to the out-of-contract Scully to keep him out of the clutches of Greater Western Sydney was understood to have been made despite the knowledge by some at Melbourne he probably has already agreed to move on a lucrative long-term deal."

How likely is it that a club would sack its CEO to keep a second year player who many at the club apparently think is gone anyway?

Not to mention how the wording underscores the guesswor. The knowledge that he probably?

Agee with that. But perhaps also alludes that the Scully saga has contributed significantly to the damage at the club.

and whose family are mad keen tigers as he was and if he could he would do a deal to get there. After he gets his five million from GWS he probably will try in Judd like fashion (free agency). He has become a big risk for whatever club he ends up with.

Free agency is after 7 years with 1 club, so that'll be 9 years into his career with a shonky knee you are assuming he'll become a Tiger??? hmm whatever

I thought exactly the same thing 45.

Ludicrous.

I certainly hope that this is a load of codswallop. Pandering to some kid is just attrocious if true.

Better not be :wacko:

HaHa, codswallop, do you have a picture 'Belze', of this 'codswallop'? LOL... 2 picks is 2 picks is 2 picks! Farthering our future!