Footy Classified

Samsara

Dean Laidley and Todd Viney that's pretty blue collar.

If players don't want to play for them they just don't want to play

I was surprised his name wasnt mentioned..at all, but hey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Eade as a coach and think he's done a good job with the Dogs but he's completely the wrong fit for Melbourne. The last thing we need is an old style coach, we need someone who is up with the modern trends.

Lyon's emotion was clearly visible. If he'd had the desire to coach a few years out of the game in the early 2000s it would have been interesting to see how he would have gone at it

Except that neither have coached DEEP into September....I really think we need a coach now who has climbed the mountain.

Looks like the off season will be very interesting. Just when you think this once great club is heading in the right direction we implode ( again ).

Nah, that is this week.....i think we will get the house in order, more pain will be felt but as long as the players worry about playing we should get it together.

Jimmy, Lyon, Connolly and viney. Sounds good to me.

Why? Because the boys are all mates and former players of the club?

Connolly, Viney and Stynes haven't delivered us onfield success (not that it's Jim's job though!) yet, and Lyon still won't commit to anything long term. Let's be honest, he's only stepping in because he feels guilty and wants to help his friend (which is great and noble). It has nothing to do with the club. If he was that passionate and that concerned about our club he'd put his balls on the line and commit to us long term.

He doesn't want to get his hands dirty, he doesn't want to go home and worry about the politics of the club, and that is totally his choice, but lets stop building him up as someone who is going to save our club.

Edited by Jaded

we've stumbled..we'll crashand bang a bit but find our feet before seasons end in time to get sorted for next season. ...And a whole off season of speculation !!!!

One thing I found interesting was when Garry started talking about Tom Scully.

He said if (when) he gets involved with the club, one of the first things on his agenda would be to get Tom Scully, his parents and management together and try and convince him to stay.

If Scully hasn't made up his mind yet, could Garry's influence sway him to stay loyal? What's their relationship like?

I know Scullygate is almost old news after what's happened over the past 48 hours but I still think it's going to shape the footy club going forward.

Connolly, Viney and Stynes haven't delivered us onfield success (not that it's Jim's job though!) yet, and Lyon still won't commit to anything long term. Let's be honest, he's only stepping in because he feels guilty and wants to help his friend (which is great and noble). It has nothing to do with the club.

I tend to agree, to many mates around a fractured club could be very dangerous...We need new tough blood at our club.

Think of living in that rented house with all of ya great mates.....often it turned very sour then nasty.

But let's see Todd coach for the next 5 or maybe 6-7 weeks first.

I just want a coach who makes our players accountable when they clearly show they've got no commitment or fire in the belly to fight it out on the field.

Mick Malthouse and or Laidley are coaches who expect this of players.

Upset with fire in his belly...i liked it. Garry was ready for tonight.

I reckon Garry was brilliant tonight, he said what all true Demons think and that is that Bailey had to go because of the crap they were serving up. He said he supported the decision and thought Bailey had had enough time and the last two years we haven't gone anywhere. He was talking about how he has to help because Jimmy is too crook and shouldn't have to deal with this crap, great stuff by a true Demon.

One thing I found interesting was when Garry started talking about Tom Scully.

He said if (when) he gets involved with the club, one of the first things on his agenda would be to get Tom Scully, his parents and management together and try and convince him to stay.

If Scully hasn't made up his mind yet, could Garry's influence sway him to stay loyal? What's their relationship like?

I know Scullygate is almost old news after what's happened over the past 48 hours but I still think it's going to shape the footy club going forward.

Only one way to find out...At least we know if Garry is going in there to help his mate Jim, he won't take Bullsh!te. He wants to get this club sorted and then back to his Media Jobs.

I just want a coach who makes our players accountable when they clearly show they've got no commitment or fire in the belly to fight it out on the field.

Would be great to get Malthouse and Laidley back together...i know they worked really well together.

Guest hangon007

Hang on I think I have missed something here. Can you explain what you mean by "lets not miss it because some have a conservative nature"

Mate the "real" problem is all around you that refuses to listen. It refuses to live in 2011.

The whole Scully Saga just brought this all out into the open. Now we have to deal with it.

We all need to give a bit ... football is no longer all one way.

But mate people will just want to change the coach and hope it all goes away.

But people if Scully leaves will say ... ahhh it was all about the money.

Next will be the CEO ... ahhhh then it will all go way.

Sorry it wont.

Edited by hangon007

How many times does Garry Lyons need to say he doesnt want to coach?

It's not like he's running for President of the USA when they're supposed to say they dont want it!

Hutchy and Caro just wont let up.

I like Garry talking about the fact the players need to take a good hard look at themselves for giving up on Saturday.

Connolly, Viney and Stynes haven't delivered us onfield success (not that it's Jim's job though!) yet, and Lyon still won't commit to anything long term. Let's be honest, he's only stepping in because he feels guilty and wants to help his friend (which is great and noble). It has nothing to do with the club. If he was that passionate and that concerned about our club he'd put his balls on the line and commit to us long term.

He doesn't want to get his hands dirty, he doesn't want to go home and worry about the politics of the club, and that is totally his choice, but lets stop building him up as someone who is going to save our club.

What a load of Bollocks, it has everything to do with the club, Jim's a part of the club and he wants to help out and all this boy's club shyte is just that , shyte. Every club has old players as a part of the structure. Who's coaching Essendon, Carlton, Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Collingwood next year and many more, all old boys. Supporters like you are always trying to bring everyone down, just support the club FFS. Your username is very appropriate, just go and be jaded somewhere else.

Thomas's comments werent far from the money at all. Often people just get it into their heads to dismiss this bloke ro that without listening. Im not at all sold on the Pagaon notion ..but Pagans and Demons.....lol

I think what Grant was onto is dead right. You need a straight shooter to grab the reins on the Football side of things and drag it screaming if necessary into a different way of thinking and acting.

I think we dont have enough blue collar mongrel....too much white collar niceties at times.

We could do worse for 2 years, to get some mongrel happening.

But others are about to do that as well. A pity we missed out on Scott, timing! Clark'O would fit the $Bill!

I liked the way the Adelaide players responded to Bickley. They were rampant even though it was only against Port. Hopefully the boys will respond to Todd in the same way and get back the fire. I am going to watch Beamer hound Mitch Robertson. I am going to watch McKenzie tackle like he has never tackled before. I am going to enjoy Jack fire up and show the flag and I am going to enjoy Jack T silkily lob a kick on Greenies chest to score another goal. I cant wait for the weekend. I still have my scarf and my hope. If none of you reading this aren't fired up after seeing Gary tonight, after hearing Ox talk about having a punch up with two SEN knobs and then having an argument with his wife because of what happened at Geelong - thats passion and hopefully there will be bucket loads of it on and off the field on the weekend.

I like Garry talking about the fact the players need to take a good hard look at themselves for giving up on Saturday.

As it should be, regardless of people's opinions The players ended the coaches tenure today in front of heaps of cameras and microphones, and they would have known how hard he had worked....for them.

Edited by why you little

The standout comment from Lyon, IMO, was (paraphrasing):

"They are not competitive enough.... they must be competitive week in, week out..... they are not hard enough...... Bailey must take responsibility for that."

I, and others, have been banging on about just that for 4 yrs. That's why Bailey had to go.

I liked the way the Adelaide players responded to Bickley. They were rampant even though it was only against Port. Hopefully the boys will respond to Todd in the same way and get back the fire. I am going to watch Beamer hound Mitch Robertson. I am going to watch McKenzie tackle like he has never tackled before. I am going to enjoy Jack fire up and show the flag and I am going to enjoy Jack T silkily lob a kick on Greenies chest to score another goal. I cant wait for the weekend. I still have my scarf and my hope. If none of you reading this aren't fired up after seeing Gary tonight, after hearing Ox talk about having a punch up with two SEN knobs and then having an argument with his wife because of what happened at Geelong - thats passion and hopefully there will be bucket loads of it on and off the field on the weekend.

Yes i really liked the Ox getting fired up....i wasn't sure he was 100% these days, but he sure loves our club still. (I hope he belted Matty Thompson or Huddo)

If they get on, That could be a workable team.

Laidley the technologist & Toddy the fire Breather. I think I like it what I see here.

The standout comment from Lyon, IMO, was (paraphrasing):

"They are not competitive enough.... they must be competitive week in, week out..... they are not hard enough...... Bailey must take responsibility for that."

I, and others, have been banging on about just that for 4 yrs. That's why Bailey had to go.

Too right. It's been the thought going through the minds of Melbourne supporters watching the 1st Quarter the past 4 years and thinking...have they turned up this week and do they really want to win this game of footy?

Edited by desertfox