Apparently MFC Stand for Nothing

Demon SeaMan

Might sound like a joke ... but this attracts some people its fun. Sex sells if you hadn't noticed .... ahhhhh penny dropped yet.

Hangon007 The St.kilda Football Club represent sadness & sustained Misery....i know this because my Brother defected to them decades ago.

They would love our proud history....Mate yes we do need the next Generation....Hello Casey.

But the Saints drool over our History.

Time to re read "The Red Fox" again 007. Don't diss our past.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not suggesting we walk away but we need to make our feelings known.

Fire up guys is what I am saying, members of Essendon and Carlton demand success

and guess what they get it.

We are way to nice, it is reflected in the players.

The club starts from us up in IMO.

You obviously missed rodney grinter's removal of terrry wheeler's teeth in 1988. if you are red and blue to the core you would not worry about sending your scarf back. sacking bailey was an unpleasant thing to do, esp for jimmy stynes. but it was a necessary thing to do. positive thinking leads to positive acts. turn up fri night and support the club. i am over the tom scully saga, am over abc's inhouse comedian serial-turd-smearing the club, am over tanking allegations, am over typewriter-assassinations of morton, jones, and am even over the shameful treatment of brent grgic. just support the club.

You are living in the past we haven't won a flag for 45 years. We have never won a flag in the AFL.

Our history means jack-[censored] to anyone apart from us. Yes, its important to us ... but thats where it stops.

Stop living in the past its 2011 man ... not 1960. Move on. If we dont we will never stand for anything in the future.

We need to reinvent ourselves to become relevant to the our kids & a new era of kids in 2011. We have an opportunity ... NOW .. dont let your conservatism hold you back.

PS We will always respect our history but not try to live off it.

You are missing the point...man. Clearly you did not hear patrick moron smith on sen. He said all afl clubs stand for something expect Melbourne. I refute that and am trying to point out that we 'stand' for us much as any other club.

I think man that you are the one living in the past. In the 1970s to be precise..man...

Guest hangon007

So if our list and new coach who ever it maybe all comes together and we end up being succesful in the next few years will we still be irrelevent? It all comes down to winning mate not airy fairy statements about cliches of clubs.

Rubbish it all comes down to money spent inside your football department. To be competitive on-field you need to spend truck loads.

Those are the facts in 2011 AFL football.

To get the kids to buy in we need to change. We need to stand for something other than our history. Sure its important but it wont sell us to the kids.

Winning doesn't come first ... money via hard work comes first ... we invest into our football department ... then will come the sustainable periods of success. No more yo-yo's ... we need sustainable long-term success. We need to rebuild a missing generation.

There is no more bail out options for us ... we need to stand on our own two feet.

Guest hangon007

Yeah you know what chimp i think your right about the saints... Why dont we get our skipper next year to get his wang out with a team mate then somehow get it posted on the net! Yeah that should get heaps of kids to wear a Melbourne jumper to Auskick!

hahahaha ... yeah funny you choose St Kilda ... they are not our major competitor. But thats Melbourne supporters ... B)

Guest hangon007

You are missing the point...man. Clearly you did not hear patrick moron smith on sen. He said all afl clubs stand for something expect Melbourne. I refute that and am trying to point out that we 'stand' for us much as any other club.

I think man that you are the one living in the past. In the 1970s to be precise..man...

Crap ... he is 100% right. Sadly its true we stand for nothing relevant.

I know you and many other dont want to hear it. Look its the hardest things for people to do ... face the truth and change.

But if we dont we are HISTORY ... you can change & influence your future but you can never change your history. So we recognise it but we cant live off it, we have tried that and failed.

We are not relevant in 2011. Many in the club are trying ... but they are weighed down by old outdated boat anchor attitudes.

Edited by hangon007

Rubbish it all comes down to money spent inside your football department. To be competitive on-field you need to spend truck loads.

Those are the facts in 2011 AFL football.

To get the kids to buy in we need to change. We need to stand for something other than our history. Sure its important but it wont sell us to the kids.

Winning doesn't come first ... money via hard work comes first ... we invest into our football department ... then will come the sustainable periods of success. No more yo-yo's ... we need sustainable long-term success. We need to rebuild a missing generation.

There is no more bail out options for us ... we need to stand on our own two feet.

yes we do.

No one knows it better than me it is 2011, half a century since 1960.

stand up and fight and accept that we need to be more than a "150 year old Club"

Edited by old dee

The Pat Smith thing claiming we stand for nothing is a class issue I feel.

Certain people( Pond Scum) love it when people above them on the social order are down and hurting and they enjoy sinking in the boot. They used to call us Silver Tails and it is all about the politics of envy.

I'm glad this drama has happened, a chance to clear the air,

We will forge on and we will be successful.

As a previous contributor mentioned , we formed the game, we are the Mother and Father of this game, and they hate that fact!!

So,lets move on and prove to that SACK OF LARD and others like him we have the BALLS to prevail.

Guest hangon007

Thread giving credence to Fatprick Smith's (HAHAHAHAH- see what i did?) article should be locked.

He makes a relevant point ... point taken. I'm not proud of it ... but god I would rather have honesty and be able to do something about it ... than live in a different era.

We have no more chances ... if we dont get it right moving forward we are GONE.

Guest hangon007

The Pat Smith thing claiming we stand for nothing is a class issue I feel.

Certain people( Pond Scum) love it when people above them on the social order are down and hurting and they enjoy sinking in the boot. They used to call us Silver Tails and it is all about the politics of envy.

I'm glad this drama has happened, a chance to clear the air,

We will forge on and we will be successful.

As a previous contributor mentioned , we formed the game, we are the Mother and Father of this game, and they hate that fact!!

So,lets move on and prove to that SACK OF LARD and others like him we have the BALLS to prevail.

Bye, bye hope you enjoy your Queensland bananas ... we followed this stupid ideology above and the only thing that saved us was not our HISTORY ... no, no, no ... the only reason we still breathe today is a new way of thinking we are part of the AFL they saved our ass. B)

You are right we will forge on ... but without arrogant conservative aloof attitudes like oh ... this is our history. Its buy that or [censored] off. Kids just say fine I will [censored] off then ... reality check.

We tried doing it your way ... we were finished.

Edited by hangon007

Did you really send your scarf back today OD, as Jimmy was fronting the Media??

Yes I did I am tired of accepting poor performances.

we have got to show some disapproval.

We are all too accepting.

I want some Carlton and Essendon mean attitude and I truely believe toughness starts from the bottom up.

Now it is not aimed at Jim and I said so in my note.

If the lot that ran out on saturday had a tenth of his spirt we would have won by 186 points.

too many nice guys as Dees supporters

Guest hangon007

You wrote about what the saints stand for. Look im not gunna sit here all night and argue with you chimp. Im just gunna continue to follow the Dees through thick and thin.

Mate at least they stand for something ... not my cup of tea ... but each to their own.

I'm sure they are trying to move out of their shady past to appear a bit more funky ... but at least they are trying.

Us .... no, no, no ... we want to sell our history ... to the kids that wont buy it. B)

Its dead set conservative lunacy. Its 2011 not 1960.

PS I'm a chimp for a reason. :) :) :)

Edited by hangon007

You obviously missed rodney grinter's removal of terrry wheeler's teeth in 1988. if you are red and blue to the core you would not worry about sending your scarf back. sacking bailey was an unpleasant thing to do, esp for jimmy stynes. but it was a necessary thing to do. positive thinking leads to positive acts. turn up fri night and support the club. i am over the tom scully saga, am over abc's inhouse comedian serial-turd-smearing the club, am over tanking allegations, am over typewriter-assassinations of morton, jones, and am even over the shameful treatment of brent grgic. just support the club.

Sorry bush demon but I am no longer going to follow along blindly.

I have done that for 51 years for little result.

Demand more and if you do not get it [censored]

PS 1988 is 23 years ago, a long time between drinks.

Edited by old dee

Bye, bye hope you enjoy your Queensland bananas ... we followed this stupid ideology above and the only thing that saved us was not our HISTORY ... no, no, no ... the only reason we still breathe today is a new way of thinking we are part of the AFL they saved our ass. B)

You are right we will forge on ... but without arrogant conservative aloof attitudes like oh ... this is our history.

Please Hang tell us all how you would do it. You dominate the forum so you must have some thoughts on how this magnificent club can go forward into the future. Please we really are hanging on your every word (you wish)

Yes I did I am tired of accepting poor performances.

we have got to show some disapproval.

We are all too accepting.

I want some Carlton and Essendon mean attitude and I truely believe toughness starts from the bottom up.

Now it is not aimed at Jim and I said so in my note.

If the lot that ran out on saturday had a tenth of his spirt we would have won by 186 points.

too many nice guys as Dees supporters

After a lie down, i hope you drive in to the club pick up your scarf, buy a new membership and turn up on saturday, in good voice.

When you get to the club VENT YOUR SPLEEN by all means.

Sing "Grand old Flag" then drive home.

You are Melbourne OD. just like Norm Smith, me and all of us here.demon_cool.gif

You are right we will forge on ... but without arrogant conservative aloof attitudes like oh ... this is our history. Its buy that or [censored] off. Kids just say fine I will [censored] off then ... reality check.

You misunderstand what I am driving at, its peoples perception of us. The snow thing.

We are a football team like the rest of them! trying to win the best way we can.

Teams don't stand for this or that,a reason to play!! thats a load of crap

After a lie down, i hope you drive in to the club pick up your scarf, buy a new membership and turn up on saturday, in good voice.

When you get to the club VENT YOUR SPLEEN by all means.

Sing "Grand old Flag" then drive home.

You are Melbourne OD. just like Norm Smith, me and all of us here.demon_cool.gif

I will be doing all of what you suggest however I will not be picking up my scarf.

a protest is a protest and I do not want to take back my protest.

I hope there is a reason to sing.

Believe me i will die a demon with or without the ultimate prize.

That is seriously laughable. Just rattling off the cliches and stereotypes. Surely you would add in going to the snow, cheering for "number 5" and driving a four wheel drive as what Melbourne is known for according to your logic.

Having been to a Collingwood President's lunch I would like it to be publicly known that their media image of being working class battlers is both totally fictitious and hilarious at the same time.

I have never seen so much money in one room at the same time apart from vision of OPEC meetings.

It really is time we started to call them on our supposed ski season reputation.

Guest hangon007

You misunderstand what I am driving at, its peoples perception of us. The snow thing.

We are a football team like the rest of them! trying to win the best way we can.

Teams don't stand for this or that,a reason to play!! thats a load of crap

Ok I apologise. Thank you for your clarification.

Having been to a Collingwood President's lunch I would like it to be publicly known that their media image of being working class battlers is both totally fictitious and hilarious at the same time.

I have never seen so much money in one room at the same time apart from vision of OPEC meetings.

It really is time we started to call them on our supposed ski season reputation.

yes but there are 50 000 battlers in the stands.

Guest hangon007

I agree their money and commitment is second to none.

I'm fortunate I been to nearly every Victorian based club function over the last few years. (oh except St Kilda - no particular reason.)

Edited by hangon007

I made this observation in the Dean Bailey press conference thread but I feel it deserves its own space for discussion:Thinking about this a little more, perhaps what Jim might be alluding to in regards to support from Lyon is not for Lyon to step in to a coaching role, but to assume the MFC presidency, so as to enable Jim to walk away from the job and focus of his personal challenge, knowing the club is in safe hands. Given Jim's situation, I think he's probably coming to the realisation that he can't keep up his amazing efforts for much longer, but feels a huge sense of responsibility to ensure the club's future. Gary Lyon could then still continue with many of his media commitments as present. We all overwhelmingly can agree that Stynes has done a marvellous job in the role as president, and to continue despite his difficult illness speaks enormous volumes for his strength, character and love for the MFC. However, we cannot expect him to continue to do so given his circumstances and I believe that the best thing that Garry Lyon could now do for the club is to agree to a transition agreement to take over from Stynes as president at time in the future that best suits the club and Jimmy. Assuming that Lyon does not wish to pursue a coaching positions, then I believe Lyon would be a perfect figurehead for the club and would be one of the few people that would be capable of following in Stynes footsteps and carrying the torch for the club. This would still enable him to play an important role in building up a winning culture within the club, without having to deal with all the nitty gritty of the football department (although I'm sure there could be some mentoring roles going begging for Jack Watts and co.). Moreover, given Lyon's presence in the media he would bring his own networks and contacts to help bolster the club's image and sponsorship.If this plan was put in place and made public then the club wouldn't have to deal with the ongoing questions about his coaching aspirations and could focus on landing the best coach available and other important matters such as player contracts. Garry I think it's time to step up to help us to steer the ship back towards the ultimate prize :lol:

Think you're bang on there Ascobar. IMO Jimmy today said a couple things which I reckon were alluding to him stepping down in the near future, and as much as I hate it, I think he should. He needs to be selfish for the first goddam time in his life. He can take a step back knowing that he has succeeded generally up until this point, giving his successor the best possible chance of taking the next step for the good of the club.

I heard Patrick Smith this morning.Patrick Smith then went on to say that Matthew Knights would be a good option as a replacement for Bailey because he is an experienced coach.Patrick Smith stopped being relevant a very long time ago

If they gave Matthew Knights the job, THEN, and only then, would I hand back my scarf :) Smith is a d!ckhead, there can be no doubt!