The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Interesting viewing DFrog. I am surprised at the upbeat, joyous nature of life with bananas as portrayed here by the industry especially given the dire state of the banana industry that we face. The Canarvon crops have been smashed. Queensland faces the Panama disease. There is only my neighbours banana crop down on the Surf Coast left unscathed.

These are dark times for bananas. Grab a banana smoothly while you can I say.

We could always import frozen bananas from China!

What a little virus between trading partners?

• Like 1

no need to import. with global warming i expect burwood will become a viable banana growing district. i am already experimenting with cultivars

• Like 1

Time to grow our own, Earl? With the farmers on this thread, surely we can produce enough for a stall outside Dee's games?

no need to import. with global warming i expect burwood will become a viable banana growing district. i am already experimenting with cultivars

No need for any of this. There's a banana plantation just over the rise from where I live. If someone can organise the black van we should be able to guarantee supply just by leaping over the fence. There might be a small problem with the brown snakes and death adders, but if you bring BBO with you he should be able to scare them off.

No need for any of this. There's a banana plantation just over the rise from where I live. If someone can organise the black van we should be able to guarantee supply just by leaping over the fence. There might be a small problem with the brown snakes and death adders, but if you bring BBO with you he should be able to scare them off.

Sounds like a job for Biff.

Mind you I do have a Tiger Snake or two living somewhere in my back yard.

You really don't know what you are getting yourself in for.

You should run away,and never look back.

You still have the chance.

But if you do go ,there is no need for you to take any money.

Bitters will pay for everything.He likes showing off his wealth.

Any association with Biffen reminds one that wealth is quite transient.

• Like 1

I'd guess there is a lot of Red in the area.

Not much of the other left to steal though.

Happy to sit together as long as it is on ground floor.

Looks like it will be our Japanese visiting student, my son and me. Not sure that we will get there on time due to the early start, but will look for you when we get there, or at quarter time. Where will you be sitting, do you think?

Not a good situation for a frog of any species.

True, but what can you do when living in Australia next to swampy farmland?

Even a Demon Frog? :blink: I have a feeling the snake would finish 9th anyway ...

and I would finish 15th

Even a Demon Frog? :blink: I have a feeling the snake would finish 9th anyway ...

I suppose that years of bitter experience and deep despair would help make a demon frog more resistant but I'm not sure.

Ninth belongs to tigers, of course, not snakes. But a tiger snake might be eligible.

Ok, I won't tell him.

He does not know that he actually lives in Western Australia

I will expect a thorough report R and B

500 words will be fine.

You asked for it, you got it, Old Dee ...

It was a very forgettable game tonight, and I propose to do just that. However, Old Dee demanded a 500 word summary of the game, and despite the fact that he probably regrets this now, I feel I must oblige. I suggest you burn this after reading ...

The headline of the game would probably read that a Jack Viney clanger in the dying minutes (the classic kick across goal in defence intercepted by the opposition) cost us the game. Viney had some good moments, but overall a night to forget, but he wasn't alone; there were plenty of other poor decisions and bad execution of basic skills (on both sides) that made me very glad that our Japanese visitor didn't end up coming. If the intention was to serve Wagyu beef, then the reality was a couple of greasy hamburgers of dubious provenance half-fried on a dirty BBQ at the Gat. The intensity was lower than expected, tackles tended to not stick or miss altogether and when there were a few good possessions in a row, an error inevitably followed.

Jeff Garlett was probably our only clear winner on the night. He has the strut, opportunism and general smart-arsery about him that we haven't seen in the Demons forward line since the days of Jeff Farmer. He took a nice hanger, and can run like the wind. Pretty much the perfect game from a small forward. Of the big forwards, Chris Dawes had a few good moments and a few too many ordinary ones. Jesse Hogan played like someone big on talent and short on experience; he will be better for the run. He dropped a sitter of a mark (from a nice kick from Jimmy Toumpas that was a rare change from his howlers), but had a couple of impressive long sharp passes that hit their target. Not much impact, but watch this space. Watts played his best game for some time, and Vandenberg looks like belongs at this level and has already played 50 games. Nathan Jones was his usual self, but faded out later in the game, for mine. Lumumba is a breath of fresh air and clean pace off the backline, and seems to always back himself, which is great to see. Toumpas seemed to get the ball, set up for a disposal and then fluff it; I did like the way he kept at it though, despite the mistakes.

Frost is a great pickup for us, but we learned tonight that he is no ruckman. Pedersen is probably a better ruck, but Frost a better mark and faster around the ground. Jamar didn't seem to do much apart from the first few minutes of the game, and was subbed off at three-quarter time; Gawn however made him look good by making a hash of things in the last quarter.

Salem is already proving his worth. He had a great crunching tackle on Chapman early on, and clearly isn't fazed by anything. He is also a very reliable kick and has the poise and confidence of a multi-year player. To be critical, at times his decisions could be better and faster, but his skills are sublime. Get on him for a Rising Star nomination.

One other thing that is noticeable is that we now seem to be able to take kickouts without inducing heart palpitations. Gone are the days of the 'statues in a swamp' or 'cluster[censored] on the right wing'; now we seem to run and present so many options that the kicker has to choose between several viable ones. It may be no more than every other team has been doing forever, but at least that is a clear improvement.

That is more than 500 words, so you have got your money’s worth and more, Old Dee. But don’t waste any more time on this match; the best that can be said of it is that it is over.

• Like 1

Oh dear we lost to the Drug Lords.

When does the 2016 AFL season start again?

Didn't know you lived near jazza ... :blink:

Princetown is the swamp,i will have you know.

Beechy is known as dope smokers corner.

BTW,still off the durries,brain is taking some time to readjust to so called "normal thinking".

The councellor thinks im a bit of a nutter{so i must be OK}

Edited by jazza

BTW,still off the durries,brain is taking some time to readjust to so called "normal thinking".

A very favourable self diagnosis Jazz.

it is how you must continue to think about yourself .Positively.

If i detect any faults,it is my job to illuminate and amplify them.

Have you been mostly hanging around this thread Jazza? I haven't noticed you much in the other threads recently.

I might just post here more. I feel bad about derailing other threads. And most of the blokes in here are pretty decent (except Daisy).