The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

Could this prove to be a transition as decisive and irreversible as the 'facial hair -> no facial hair' prime ministerial eras?

Nice one, Goffy (Goughy?) Erudite!

Putting aside our clean faced (though gloriously topped!) opener, Edmund Barton, the latter, and still pertinent, era was kicked off by none other than our Stanley Melbourne Bruce.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Nice one, Goffy (Goughy?) Erudite!

Putting aside our clean faced (though gloriously topped!) opener, Edmund Barton, the latter, and still pertinent, era was kicked off by none other than our Stanley Melbourne Bruce.

Aye, don't you be loosely mentioning the illiterate branch of the clan around here.

My parents moved to Canberra in the 70s. My dad was a journo. Can you imagine how hard it was to book a taxi for 'Goff' to pick up from Parliament House late at night?

Tough times, we thought we'd had enough, although we ploughed through the trough until the big fella was given his rough furlough.

Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

Aye, don't you be loosely mentioning the illiterate branch of the clan around here.

My parents moved to Canberra in the 70s. My dad was a journo. Can you imagine how hard it was to book a taxi for 'Goff' to pick up from Parliament House late at night?

Tough times, we thought we'd had enough, although we ploughed through the trough until the big fella was given his rough furlough.

Ugh.

There's gotta be some sort of prize for that para and 'full stop'! Its certainly a '10' (if I've counted correctly 😉) 👏

Waddayareckon @Demonstone?

I arrived as the big fella's nemesis was in turn realising primeministership wasn't meant to be easy, then saw out Bob's heady first couple of terms there.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2024 at 10:55, chookrat said:

Having just ready the past 2 pages I can only conclude that Round 0 cannot come soon enough.

Perhaps you want to re think that! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

You're not quite getting it guys!

What's there to get? BBO is whoreganizing another orgy? Old news. Escargots straight from the field of the Manor would have been much more interesting...You can guess my age: the days of whine, women and song are way past. I'm deaf for a start and a victim of God's even-handed justice. In other words, Muslim men might get down on their knees to praise Allah for not making them a 'woman', but older men - alte kakkers like me - pray every day to maybe be able to pass 'water' straight into its bowl instead of its perimeter just once, for old times' sake... 

Edited by Monbon
  • Like 1

Found this hilarious.

Tom Morris on the Furnace on Channel 9 said he wouldn’t do the Lions Las Vegas trip story as there is no proof it has affected their performance.

Seriously, when we look back at his reporting.

The Dees have been copping it in the media for 2.5 years, with no proof anything said has hurt our performances.

• Clap 2

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Found this hilarious.

Tom Morris on the Furnace on Channel 9 said he wouldn’t do the Lions Las Vegas trip story as there is no proof it has affected their performance.

Seriously, when we look back at his reporting.

The Dees have been copping it in the media for 2.5 years, with no proof anything said has hurt our performances.

It's because we are the biggest threat in the Afl to other teams.

We are a force others are scared of.

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Not sure (or care) about "biggest upset" Red, but it would certainly [censored] up my multi !

Wouldn’t want to do that.

On 30/03/2024 at 19:04, Monbon said:

but older men - alte kakkers like me - pray every day to maybe be able to pass 'water' straight into its bowl instead of its perimeter just once, for old times' sake... 

I can relate, but at least with titanium and ceramic I can walk around and stand as tall as I can. Other things. I wish I had a cowboy hat instead of cowboy boots !

• Like 1

A warning to all of you wonderful people and good friends.

A disgustingly named thread has been started on DL.

It names the unnamed villain of this thread.

Please for your own mental health and well being don’t visit it.

I am shocked the mods have allowed this offensive thread to be started and continued.

• Clap 2
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

A warning to all of you wonderful people and good friends.

A disgustingly named thread has been started on DL.

It names the unnamed villain of this thread.

Please for your own mental health and well being don’t visit it.

I am shocked the mods have allowed this offensive thread to be started and continued.

I think it is particularly scurrilous that they have bypassed the auto-censors by changing one letter to a symbol.

• Haha 2