The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

• 2 weeks later...

On 06/02/2024 at 20:16, 640MD said:

Who ever put the ads into Land with the young ladies in duplicate and sometimes very little that walk towards me. 
I thank you, not into purchasing their stuff but I cannot help watching it all and smile.

makes me feel 18 again,   or am I one of very few.

i don’t go to Dodgy sites,  I promise. Well apart from demonland.

Life membership takes these from us!

What am I missing??

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

I'm getting a bit mulish about the repeated use of bullish.  Maybe time to spring the Club a thesaurus!

The repeated use of bulltish plagues the odd thread too...

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

6 hours ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

I'm getting a bit mulish about the repeated use of bullish.  Maybe time to spring the Club a thesaurus!

We are full of vim and vigor! Overflowing with Elan!

Or maybe it is time to go hard;

"We have great confidence in our prospects for the coming season, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Gawn when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Life membership takes these from us!

What am I missing??

Twin girls, one with very prominent Bristols, almost staying within a very lovely gown,  and its all in duplicate.

Some very canny advertising,  nothing totally outside any rules,  but like the show Saturday night Live said   

very interesting

6 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Twin girls, one with very prominent Bristols, almost staying within a very lovely gown,  and its all in duplicate.

Some very canny advertising,  nothing totally outside any rules,  but like the show Saturday night Live said   

very interesting

...though another seminal show said it first:

image.png.ba1768808e793e92575e2d4550dce73c.png

• Like 1

Can we try a Although come to sub thread of Rhyming slang here?

Cockney Slang like Bristol cities can also be included.

But I'm very interested in Australian ones.

JimmyGrant ( immigrant) apparently gets the nod for one of the first ones recorded.

Australian idioms and sayings like as Happy as Larry will be permitted if they are explained.

Interesting the origins of who Larry was are somewhat obscure. Some believe he was a boxer.

Although if I met someone who spoke not stop RS, I'd be inclined to kill them.

I wonder if people realise the ads they see...if they see them are tailored to them. They are a result of algorithms based upon the individuals search and pages read.

I'll leave it at that....

• Haha 3
  • Clap 1

Keeping in mind this thread prohibits B$   .. I'm detecting the 'aroma' of the Elephant variety these days..    more and more.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I wonder if people realise the ads they see...if they see them are tailored to them. They are a result of algorithms based upon the individuals search and pages read.

I was wondering.  And I was always very good at mathematics. Algorithms have a lot to answer for.   Still.  A healthy mind in a not so healthy body. And the ads do bring a smile to my face.  I will just put up with it.

the latest is very quick, moves st quite a pace, 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I have never searched morning sickness meds, acne creams, incontinence pads, teens jewelry, or hotels in zurich to name a few

I'll leave it at that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 22/02/2024 at 10:17, leave it to deever said:

Righteo then.

Nothing to see here folks.

Being British and all. What what.

At least you know what I can see  most ov

4 hours ago, 640MD said:

I was wondering.  And I was always very good at mathematics. Algorithms have a lot to answer for.   Still.  A healthy mind in a not so healthy body. And the ads do bring a smile to my face.  I will just put up with it.

the latest is very quick, moves st quite a pace, 

As they did in my day.

Oh, wait; my dyslexia did, too...

Screenshot_20240223_130900_Chrome.jpg.662a9c7c476dd943f71d2b47073a79d7.jpg

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

As they did in my day.

Oh, wait; my dyslexia did, too...

Screenshot_20240223_130900_Chrome.jpg.662a9c7c476dd943f71d2b47073a79d7.jpg

Now I had a set like that,  later on a green book by Chambers,     Long time ago,  then we got a electric multiplier with built in Sin, cos and tangent.  Now that was the bees knees.  The very latest in 1967

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Now I had a set like that,  later on a green book by Chambers,     Long time ago,  then we got a electric multiplier with built in Sin, cos and tangent.  Now that was the bees knees.  The very latest in 1967

Mine was green, too, 640, but the internet was wanting. I think the 'buff' immediately predated ours.

1 hour ago, 640MD said:

looxury, sheer looxury

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trying to take my mind off all things Dees, I just bought the magic, bread fresh container from Global Direct.

I am looking forward to eating bread that is not covered in mould.

• Haha 1