• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

Rogue

Guest 36DD

who is going to watch it all on TV though...The AFL better be careful, because it may become very difficult to sell advertising on CH 7 if there current pig headedness continues.

They have already had to lower their bid toward Radio Stations this week.

The AFL should cast their eyes on the current situation at News Limited.

No matter how big and mighty, if the public dig their heels in and say enough is enough the mighty can and do fall.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a goose mate. Read my posts before you try getting on your high horse. I have said all over this thread that the club are competent and wouldn't make an offer of this magnitude if they thought that it would jeopardise anything of any importance to them. As you said yourself "I guess it would be at the expense of someone else". Note that I highlighted guess for you, as it shows you have no knowledge of the situation at all. You also ignored my question, I presume because it debases your aspertions. I will repeat it for you, maybe instead of being petty you could actually try and answer it. So you know more about the financial viability of the club, and the state of our TPP than they themselves do you? Why on earth would they offer this amount if they can't afford it, and if it would have detrimental effect to any area of our FD at all? I put it in bold so that you can spot it too.

It's easy to offer something when you know it won't be accepted. Just sayin'.

The AFL should cast their eyes on the current situation at News Limited.

No matter how big and mighty, if the public dig their heels in and say enough is enough the mighty can and do fall.

Correct. i assure you $$ in TV advertising are tight.

How much TV do you watch?? I turn the idiot box on about 2 times a week now. Watch the program i want to watch and then turn it off.

Not what the networks like to know.

Guest hangon007

I agree Scully could offer REACH a whole lot, the guy doesnt drink, focused on his goals, ultimate proffessional etc

Brilliant point ... perfect role model. Kid from Dandenong that makes it to the top. What a story. Hard work dedication and complete passion for your sport.

Equally as good Reach employee as Judd makes as a VISY Environmental Ambassador

Trouble is Jims link between REACH and the MFC

So what ... think of every kid Scully can help compare to Judd helping at Visy. Those kids do play football? Those kids are part of our games future ... what an opportunity for the AFL, MFC & TS.

What is the alternative for these kids ... a life of drugs, alcohol and down.

AD go visit Dandenong ... Start at McDonald on the main street promise you ... you might change your mind after taking to a few druggies.

Edited by hangon007

Sorry mate missed the question :)

Why he hasn't signed I have no idea.... why he hasn't found out GWS offer I have no idea.... Will he wait to the end of the end, I pretty certain he will maybe because he will announce that he is going I have no idea.

In a past life I was a copper, I was regularly interviewing crooks as I was more into the crime side of the police force. I have tried to catch him out in many ways and with many different discussion to see if he is lying or any indication that he might be going and I haven't seen anything to make me think that he has already made a decision to go, all the language/talk (this is not the obvious are you going or staying questions but secondary language) points to staying. Like I have stated before I don't believe it as I think the money will be too much, but my read is on staying... .either that or Tom's a better liar that 25year crooks who nothing else for a living....

Wolf - does Tom know that you post on this forum?

It's easy to offer something when you know it won't be accepted. Just sayin'.

That's your belief and that is fine. I just can't for the life of me understand how someone who has no inside knowledge of the situation at all can state "it will have a profound effect on the rest of the players at the club, mark my words". There is a level of certainty there that doesn't belong in a sentence from someone who is just guessing.

That's your belief and that is fine. I just can't for the life of me understand how someone who has no inside knowledge of the situation at all can state "it will have a profound effect on the rest of the players at the club, mark my words". There is a level of certainty there that doesn't belong in a sentence from someone who is just guessing.

Are you quoting me there? Context please?

ok i'll spell it out.

If Sylvia holds the club to ransom then I'll come down on him just as hard. Mind you the club hasn't had to face the same distraction over Sylvia that it has over Scully so I can't understand why you would even compare the two scenarios.

Now you answer my question; what are the similarities between the two? How many times a day do you think the players get asked about the Sylvia signing compared to the Scully signing?

How much has Sylvia's management asked for, and do you think it would have been easier to satisfy him if Scully's management hadn't tried to rape the club?

That should be easy for you.

Can you please point me to the place where Scully has made a demand.... Sylvia has and said the offer you have put to me isn't acceptable maybe give him a kick in the ass.

If Melbourne pay him $600k or more per year it will have a profound effect on the rest of the players at the club, mark my words.

Are you quoting me there? Context please?

No I was quoting the above post from RobbieF, as that was what I was talking about, which you commented on. All starting to get a bit confusing! :huh:

Can you please point me to the place where Scully has made a demand.... Sylvia has and said the offer you have put to me isn't acceptable maybe give him a kick in the ass.

But that would go against the current trend WM. Sculls is a mercenary and Sylvias a saint.

No I was quoting the above post from RobbieF, as that was what I was talking about, which you commented on. All starting to get a bit confusing! :huh:

Ahh ... yes multiple conversations going on here!

But I do agree with RobbieF. Money issues and and the domination by one player of media attention can destabilize and cause rifts within football clubs.

This is human nature. Brent Moloney is on record recently as stating that "a little bit of banter has been flying about" regarding speculation over Tom's future.

Read ... Gossipping. Not good in any work environment.

Edited by Range Rover

Wolf - does Tom know that you post on this forum?

Yeah laughs at me all the time... Got on here with him and Jack Fitzpatrick last year and they couldn't believe the amount of reporting on pre-season training, analysis of games they thought it was pretty funny that people paid them so much attention (you forgot they are kids)

Most of the stuff I post isn't news breaking and I wouldn't put alot of stuff on here that we talk about because everyone would have a heart attack that the kid might have an opinion of something that isn't the standard yes/no one game at a time answer. 'm just backing up the media profile with what I see in person as I think alot on here have smashed him because its not what they would do

Coulsnt see this written but Robbo was just talking to the OX on SEN,

Latest is Scully had a 3rd party deal knocked back i gather, missed half the story... to work for Jim Stynes Reach foundation, was to be worth 200K per year

Exact replica of the Judd deal, Robbo commented on how the AFL only announced yesterday of the new rules and how he hadnt heard this until then etc, also how it seems the AFL is on a mission to get Scully to GWS, also talk of how it affects salary caps etc

But yeah main point apparently MFC have had a 200K 3rd party deal knocked back...

I'm pretty sure that was just a hypothetical. They were just saying for instance if an offer like that existed what would be the difference between that & Judd/VISY.

Ahh ... yes multiple conversations going on here!

But I do agree with RobbieF. Money issues and and the domination by one player of media attention can destabilize and cause rifts within football clubs.

This is human nature. Brent Moloney is on record recently as stating that "a little bit of banter has been flying about" regarding speculation over Tom's future.

Read ... Gossiping. Not good in any work environment.

Agreed, but as I said in an earlier post, if we are aware of this, you can bet your balls so have the club. It would not surprise me one iota if they had had conversations with the leadership group prior to making any decision about what contract to offer. They definitely would not go off half-cocked making this offer. There is too much professionalism going on there these days. It makes no sense to me that they would do this without taking all possible steps to try and mitigate any damage or destabilising effects.

Yeah laughs at me all the time... Got on here with him and Jack Fitzpatrick last year and they couldn't believe the amount of reporting on pre-season training, analysis of games they thought it was pretty funny that people paid them so much attention (you forgot they are kids)

Most of the stuff I post isn't news breaking and I wouldn't put alot of stuff on here that we talk about because everyone would have a heart attack that the kid might have an opinion of something that isn't the standard yes/no one game at a time answer. 'm just backing up the media profile with what I see in person as I think alot on here have smashed him because its not what they would do

I know you can't, and won't, but christ I wish you would :) Would be great to know what the players really think for once.

I'm pretty sure that was just a hypothetical. They were just saying for instance if an offer like that existed what would be the difference between that & Judd/VISY.

Ok as i said it had started when i tuned in, thankyou for clarifying

Will still be interesting because we will have one or more of these deals i would imagine

Agreed, but as I said in an earlier post, if we are aware of this, you can bet your balls so have the club. It would not surprise me one iota if they had had conversations with the leadership group prior to making any decision about what contract to offer. They definitely would not go off half-cocked making this offer. There is too much professionalism going on there these days. It makes no sense to me that they would do this without taking all possible steps to try and mitigate any damage or destabilising effects.

I've got no doubt the offer was made with very careful consideration as to all outcomes.

But I very much doubt any member of the playing group was brought into this process.

Probably one of the most difficult situations Schwab has ever dealt with as a club chief.

I've got no doubt the offer was made with very careful consideration as to all outcomes.

But I very much doubt any member of the playing group was brought into this process.

Probably one of the most difficult situations Schwab has ever dealt with as a club chief.

Yeah, it would have been extremely difficult. When I say conversations with the leadership group, I am meaning general, not specific. Obviously there would be no mention of monetary values or anything else, but I would not be surprised at all if there was some sort of contact to try and gauge the general feeling amongst the playing group as to the whole situation. They're obviously not going to go and say, s"o Jack, how do you feel about Tom getting paid twice as much as you??" But maybe a sly chat, even just with Green to just get a feel for the general mood about the situation wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The fact that the AFL are conveniantly closing the third party loophole at this time implies that no deal has been done between Scully and GWS yet. They are trying to get it done but it hasnt been achieved yet.

Also, can't we set up a foreign bank account for Scully and get a third party to pay him through that?

The AFL would have no idea.

You're a goose mate. Read my posts before you try getting on your high horse. I have said all over this thread that the club are competent and wouldn't make an offer of this magnitude if they thought that it would jeopardise anything of any importance to them. As you said yourself "I guess it would be at the expense of someone else". Note that I highlighted guess for you, as it shows you have no knowledge of the situation at all. You also ignored my question, I presume because it debases your aspertions. I will repeat it for you, maybe instead of being petty you could actually try and answer it. So you know more about the financial viability of the club, and the state of our TPP than they themselves do you? Why on earth would they offer this amount if they can't afford it, and if it would have detrimental effect to any area of our FD at all? I put it in bold so that you can spot it too.

And you do?

You seem to think that the football department can pay a player a massive amount of the salary cap together with third party payments and it will make no difference to the attitude of the remainder of the group well I don't.

keep in mind deals ...and signed deals are a little different...;)

One is excused for feeling theres a distinct agenda by the AFL... ...probably because there is !!

But that would go against the current trend WM. Sculls is a mercenary and Sylvias a saint.

Oh no!! A photo was just tweeted that confirms both Scully and Sylvia are going to GWS... I studied lip reading for several years and I can assure you they are discussing their respective offers.

Hey wolfmother I enjoy reading your Tom scully reports! Just a querrie how do you know him?