Tom Scully

Rogue

I was just having lunch at a cafe and looked up at the tv and saw Scully highlights. After that Alister Lynch was discussing something. The volume was off so I have no idea what was being said. It was Fox Sports news, anyone catch it?

Didn't see it either but down the bottom scrolling across just then it said "Tom Scully's manager Alistair Lynch denies Tom Scully has signed with GWS."

Don't think he's his manager but he would definitely know what's going on. He runs Velocity Sports I think.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just having lunch at a cafe and looked up at the tv and saw Scully highlights. After that Alister Lynch was discussing something. The volume was off so I have no idea what was being said. It was Fox Sports news, anyone catch it?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-thumbs-nose-at-gws-speculation/story-e6frf9io-1226079849554

my quote; The question that remains unanswered is whether Scully is loyal or whether he'll take the cash. Lots of good reasons both for and against, but the longer the whole thing plays out the more likley it is that money is a major factor for him.

I never said the longer the whole thing plays out the more likley it is that Scully will go to GWS. IMO the only thing gained by not putting pen to paper now is a better offer from melbourne, which would indcate that money is a major factor for him when making his decison. Thats not to say that he might have to comprimise after weighing up all factors, and decide to stay with the dee's.

The reasons it is slightly concerning for me though, is that if money plays any more than a minor factor in his decision then he coudnt posibly pass up the $$ that GWS are offering.

You may niot agree with my logic but there you go

Also, do you log out and back sign in as Artie?! - becasue you fellas seem to come to each others side every time there is any sort of disagreement on opinions at demonland!

If anyone agrees with rpfc it is because they know the truth.

I really don't agree with that logic.

The longer this goes on, the longer it goes on. Because Tom and Velocity have said they will deal with this at the end of the season.

Read into it all you like when something actually happens.

Take this as you like because the following is only here say.

I had lunch with a close friend of mine yesterday who is also a Melbourne Supporter. We started talking about Scully. I was not aware of this but my friend knows the Scully Family in-particular Toms mother. Apparently the Scully family is not in favor of Tom going to Sydney, and not happy for Tom to be seen as "selling out" at this stage of his career. After speaking to Toms mother my friend was highly confident Tom would be staying a Demon but also thought that if anything Tom was eyeing off another Melbourne Club rather than GWS.

He also said that the main problem was with Tom's manager. Tom's direct manager is apparently young and this is his first chance to show his worth in the "big time". Obviously Toms manager wants Tom to take the highest offer as the more Tom makes the more the Manager makes.

Edited by Grand New Flag

Guest Artie Bucco

You may niot agree with my logic but there you go

Also, do you log out and back sign in as Artie?! - becasue you fellas seem to come to each others side every time there is any sort of disagreement on opinions at demonland!

I'm flattered, because rpfc is clearly a clever bloke, but no...

I think it is just a case of being like-minded souls. At times.

Guest Artie Bucco

Take this as you like because the following is only here say.

I had lunch with a close friend of mine yesterday who is also a Melbourne Supporter. We started talking about Scully. I was not aware of this but my friend knows the Scully Family in-particular Toms mother. Apparently the Scully family is not in favor of Tom going to Sydney, and not happy for Tom to be seen as "selling out" at this stage of his career. After speaking to Toms mother my friend was highly confident Tom would be staying a Demon but also thought that if anything Tom was eyeing off another Melbourne Club rather than GWS.

Regardless of whether this is true or not, I do feel for his family in a way.

They must hate seeing this speculation and the ignorant assertion that the only reason he could be waiting is for the sake of pure greed.

Of course, the easy way to quash the rumours is to sign, but I'd wait just the same, if I were in his position.

This heartless story has got to the point where Jon Ralph gives the old "who knows what to believe" BS when given:

- the various rumours that seem to morph every day.

- the word of a 19 year old.

I've said it before - apart from Kim Duthie, Tom is the most mistrusted teenager in the country.

And all he has done to deserve that is postpone his contract negotiations until the end of the season.

I'm flattered, because rpfc is clearly a clever bloke, but no...

I think it is just a case of being like-minded, know it all, souls. At times.

righto

Please elaborate as to how your friend was left with the impression that Tom would be eyeing off another Victorian club- that conversation with Tom's mum must have been quite in-depth????

Heresy or not, having read this forum I now understand how ridiculous rumours start and grow legs. It's posts like this.

I support Tom Scully until i hear from his mouth that he is leaving!

He comes across as a fine young man and loyal melbourne player.

I strongly believe that while it may be in his best interests and well within his rights that the decision from his managment and Tom to hold contract negiotiations is not the best thing to do for the club.

However, i strongly believe that Tom will sign for the Melbourne Football Club and he will be a great player for us for years to come.

I like many get caught up in the emotion of our great football club and say things that i dont mean (See previous posts) but at the end of the day Tom confronted a pack of media wolves and told us the truth. What he said will remain the truth untill otherwise PROVEN to be false.

Cant wait to see Tom rip Richmond to shreds this week.

Guest hangon007

They must hate seeing this speculation and the ignorant assertion that the only reason he could be waiting is for the sake of pure greed.

Very good point. This is why many so called Melbourne "supporters" should hold there heads in shame.

Edited by hangon007

Please elaborate as to how your friend was left with the impression that Tom would be eyeing off another Victorian club- that conversation with Tom's mum must have been quite in-depth????

Heresy or not, having read this forum I now understand how ridiculous rumours start and grow legs. It's posts like this.

MMC: I don't mean to be rude but I think you have misread or misunderstood my post. As I said my friend was highly confident that Tom was going to stay at Melbourne FC after speaking to Tom's mum. His mother indicated that he would not be going to GWS. This being the case Tom is either staying at Melbourne and is using the GWS deal as leverage (most likely) or assessing other possibilities within Victoria. If my friends reading of the situation is correct (and he is not the sort of guy to make stuff up or big note himself) then the most likely situation is that Tom will re-sign with the MFC. The reason for the hold up until the end of the season is to give time for MFC to organise other "Visy" type deals. He knows what the Dees can offer directly but it is not yet clear what other "Visy" like deals will be added on. Tom is likely holding off, playing the game, using GWS as leverage, and waiting for extra deals to be added into the mix to ensure he stays. Quite frankly if I was in his position I would be doing the same.

It must be stressed that his Mother "did not" hint or suggest in anyway that Tom was looking at another Melbourne club. I am sorry for any confusion.

I must admit that my confidence in Tom staying increased dramatically after my lunch as I know my friend would not have made this up.

Guest Artie Bucco

It must be stressed that his Mother "did not" hint or suggest in anyway that Tom was looking at another Melbourne club. I am sorry for any confusion.

I must admit that my confidence in Tom staying increased dramatically after my lunch as I know my friend would not have made this up.

Right, so that bit was just editorial needlessly added by you.

Who are you, Jon Ralph?

Most people would just say that he seems reluctant to leave Victoria.

Edited by Artie Bucco

Guest 36DD

Can people going to the game make up POSITIVE banners about tom and not negative ones

We should all be confident that he will remain a demon after all he has told us his intentions. We should be supporting one of our favorite players

Please dont, not even a positive one, just let it go, support the boys as you have done, no need for anything more.

I dont believe it to be true for a second, however, can I ask how is Tom able to get to another Vic club? Wouldn't that mean that Melbourne would have to trade him? If Melbourne didn't agree to trade him then he just goes in the draft and gets picked up by GWS anyway? Or am I way off the mark here?

Edited by Mac7

I dont believe it to be true for a second, however, can I ask how is Tom able to get to another Vic club? Wouldn't that mean that Melbourne would have to trade him? If Melbourne didn't agree to trade him then he just goes in the draft and gets picked up by GWS anyway? Or am I way off the mark here?

Your right Mac7, but the idea is Tom could say "trade me to Richmond and get something of value from Richmond or otherwise I will go to GWS for aprox pick 25."

A trade would yield far higher compensation for Tom than a move to GWS.

Again I don't think a trade is on the cards.

If he did want another Vic club, it'd be an ok outcome for us. They'd need to trade big to get him.

If he chose the draft, have fun at the Bulldogs or Richmond need to start tanking now. Wouldn't that be ironic.

That is correct.

* If an uncontracted player goes to GWS the AFL provides compensation draft picks out of a pool - GWS don't give up anything.

* If that player wants to go to a specific other club then a trade involving picks and players has to be arranged and they come from that club.

* If the trade can't be agreed then the player can go into the draft and put a contract price on their head (think Luke Ball) but GWS has the first pick(s) in the National, Pre-season and Rookie drafts and heaps of salary cap space - but MFC would not get any compensation.

Guest hangon007

If he chose the draft, have fun at the Bulldogs or Richmond need to start tanking now. Wouldn't that be ironic.

Re "tanking" quite the opposite in fact. Did Collingwood tank to get Luke Ball? So maybe the irony lies elsewhere.

Just a note, today's Footy at 4 does talk about the Lynch and Scully stuff. Ralph says he spoke to Lynch and that they had made the decision last July to put off contract talks until November. He goes on to suggest that may mean he is looking at re-signing at top dollar rather than moving.

How can he get to say Richmond if they are paying players like Martin, Riewoldt, Delideo and Cotchin? To me, besides the 2 new teams we have the most cash in our salary cap. Bruce was the only player that was paid over 500,000 a season

Edited by Clanger King