Changes for next week

Eth

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Spencer and Grimes out for the season. Newton was named as our promoted rookie that we were allowed to have because of our veteran, Green. Evans was named as a replacement for Spencer or Grimes; I can't remember which. Nicholson was named as a replacement for Fitzpatrick and will therefore lose his upgraded status when, and if, Fitzpatrick comes back, even for Casey. However, that point is moot as the point in the season where you can play rookies regardless of LTI will have been reached before Fitzpatrick's LTI period has elapsed. We can play Campbell whenever we want be naming him to replace Spencer or Grimes, whomever was not used for Evans.

Don't think Nicholson replaced Fitzpatrick did he? Thought Nicho and Evans replaced Grimes and Spencer. I could be wrong.

You're correct about the point in the season when we can elevate one without the need of a LTI, but by then, I doubt we will be needing Campbell, as currently Martin is more than a sufficient replacement for Jamar, and Gawn did ok last week (well enough to play thins week). In a week or two Russian will be back any way.

I think Bartram will play and I also have a tiny inkling Petterd will get up for this one.

However, this is where the trouble comes in for selecting a side.

These are the only possible changes I can make:

Evans - Bartram

Nicholson - Petterd

These are changes forced by choosing the better player, not by virtue of poor form.

Petterd than becomes my sub. The offence ability of him and his immediate impact is something I feel you need to beat a team like Collingwood.

Nicholson is good, don't get me wrong, however you need an X factor to beat a Collingwood and Petterd for mine, is a risk I take.

Evans gets dropped by virtue of no other option. The back 6 against Essendon were elite, I felt each beat their direct opponent and for youngsters Bennell, Strauss and Morton this was unexpected but highly enjoyable. Confidence for these 3 is critical and for mine, sadly Evans must go. I like the look of him but his disposal efficiency for mine is just 2% of where it should be.

Anyone who thinks Petterd should be back in needs to watch how much better we functioned with a forward who works for the ball, works for his team mates when they have the ball and has effective disposal. Petterd has sticky hands but is lazy and a poor ball user.

Correct.

Amazing how the thread keeps going and the suggestions get worse and worse. For instance:

In: Petterd.

Out: Nicholson.

I absolutely love Nicho and i think hes going to be a very good player for us but Ricky should never have been dropped in the 1st place and he had an outstanding game in the VFL on the weekend. We need the injection of a little more experience for such a big clash. Also im not sure about this one but does big Maxy Gawn keep his spot for this weekend?? If Robbie Campbell was ready surely we'd be tempted to bring him in??

As wrong as any post has been this year.

The Gawn comment is way off too.

Warnock has to come in to bolster the backline. I love Rivers, but one out against Dawes or Cloke could be a massive test. Would be good to have a back-up tall defender.

I'd also like to bring in Maric if any charges are required. He would be chomping at the bit to put a few 'legitimate' goals through against The Filth. Please no more debutants for a while. Starting to look like Gold Coast already. Great for Evans and Nicholson to get a run, but surely they have to be the first omitted for the blokes coming back from injury or after some penance in the reserves (Bartram, Pettard, Maric).

IN: Warnock, Maric

OUT: Evans, Nicholson

More rubbish. Maric undeserving of a recall. There's nothing wrong with playing debutants, especially when they perform like Howe, Evans and Nicholson did.

One week is not penance.

Warnock was horrendous against Carlton. We have Frawley and Rivers to do the job on Cloke and Dawes. I'll back them in.

Nicholson has been the sub two weeks in a row so he might have a game at Casey.

Batram is one of the first picked for the role he plays.

If he is fit, you're going to have to find a place for him.

More rubbish. Maric undeserving of a recall. There's nothing wrong with playing debutants, especially when they perform like Howe, Evans and Nicholson did.

One week is not penance.

Warnock was horrendous against Carlton. We have Frawley and Rivers to do the job on Cloke and Dawes. I'll back them in.

Couldn't agree more. Rivers being freed up is great if Garland is playing on the FB/CHB but not an out of form Warnock. May aswell play a kid.

Petterd lost his spot to Howe who played very well. Unlike the colleagues who joined him at Casey this week I still hold out plenty of hope for Petterd as he has attributes that I like, but right now he's playing where he belongs.

For the rest of the changes; if Bartram is fit then it'll probably be him for Strauss. It's disappointing because I thought Strauss' game was encouraging and warrants perseverance, but someone's got to go and he's the nearest match for type. Other options include Evans and Nicholson, but those options sit even less comfortably with me.

I'm assuming Sylvia will be fine.

No change. Reward victory and punish mediocracy. Heard Tappy may be back?

Are you suggesting that if Bartram or Tapscott were fit, and we brought them in, we would be 'rewarding mediocrity'?

This:

Batram is one of the first picked for the role he plays.

If he is fit, you're going to have to find a place for him.

If Sylvia is out, Bartram (if fit) for Sylvia, otherwise Evans. No change if Bartram doesn't get up and Sylvia does.

I think the other dimension of this is do you bring in Robert Campbell who played well for Casey.

Blease had a blinder according to the HUN and has genuine pace

Straus has a good hoof but made some poor choices.

Howe showed plenty.

In Campbell and Blease

Out Sylvia (If injured) if not Nicholson and Gawn

IN: Bartram, Petterd, BLEASE

OUT: Evans, Strauss, Sylvia (inj.)/Jetta

- Give Nicholson a game without having to be the sub...

- Gawn needs another crack. Looked good in his debut.

- I think Strauss will be made to become very accountable vs Pies; won't be intimidating enough.

- We all are aware of Petterd's recent record vs Pies... ;)

- Blease's good mate J. Watts debuted 2 seasons back against the Pies! Time to blood yet another Demon! Form well and truly warrants: back-to-back-to-back solid performances for Casey. Sub?

Edited by DeezMan

- I think Strauss will be made to become very accountable vs Pies; won't be intimidating enough.

I wouldn't drop Jetta. He was pretty damn good against the Dons.

- Blease's good mate J. Watts debuted 2 seasons back against the Pies! Time to blood yet another Demon! Form well and truly warrants: back-to-back-to-back solid performances for Casey. Sub?

Unbelievable.

Belying his terrible recent form, you actually think that, because, 12 months ago, Petterd played well, that he should be picked at the expense of Jetta, who played well 3 days ago?

You, and all the others who have made the same suggestion, have NFI.

Unbelievable.

Belying his terrible recent form, you actually think that, because, 12 months ago, Petterd played well, that he should be picked at the expense of Jetta, who played well 3 days ago?

You, and all the others who have made the same suggestion, have NFI.

Exactly.

Petterd has played exactly one good game against the Pies. In terms of dreamteam average, they are his 4th worst opponent.

Interestingly enough, he has only ever played 1 QB. That looks likely to remain - 1 out of 5. He's also only played them 3 times in total, with one of his games yielding 3 touches.

10 news suggested tapscott may be back if fit........probably at casey for mine.

No chance. If Tappy is fit, straight back into the side.

Was one of our best and most consistent pre-injury and his kicking is extremely important, especially on the wide spaces of the G'.

In: Tapscott, Bartram

Out: Evans, Jetta

If Bartram is fit we need him in the team. Evans/Nicho/Strauss will have to draw straws you would think. All did enough to retain their spot.

There is something about that Nicho that I want to see more of. Strauss the unlucky party?

I wanted Bartram in because I thought he was the only reasonable player on our list who could tag Thomas. Now daisy isn't playing I see no need for him.

Half the board was calling for him to be dropped only a few weeks ago. Strauss, Bennell, Morton and Nicholson all defended very well against Essendon so I'm not sure why people feel the need to replace one of them with Bartram.

Evans may not have got the possessions up or the sublime skills, but his application has been great. He shouldn't be replace lightly.

Tapscott is an interesting one. I'd hate to see him do an early injury against the pies. Possibly he could come back and be the sub? Take Evans out and give Nicholson/Morton/Bennell some time on a wing. I do love his long kicking and hard at it footy.

All that said my personal preference is for no change.