'Scully talks'

Samsara

Pendelbury is about to sign a new deal with Collingwood.

*Cue panic*

I think the point your saying is why can't scully sign on for 1 Yr, with a view to furthering his contract beyond that???

IF, he wants to be a 1 Club player?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality response, as expected from you.

Don't worry about facts or arguments, just shoot down opinions. Keep up the great work.

What 'facts' were in your argument?

It was pure opinion, mine differs, deal with it.

Guest Artie Bucco

Maybe... because he has been advised by his management not to do that, but to wait til the end of the season, so he is going to do that, disregarding whatever Pendlebury or others might do.

It's not like the speculation is getting worse.

And, BB, CTFD, ok?

No need for your personal [censored]...

Ok Bozo ..

Maybe I should write this with large pictures for the benefit of yourself.. and little Artie...he seems challenged also.

You open this little barney with the snide comment earlier. You dont like it when anyone has the temerity to pull you off your little perch ..I will.

Want a discussion somewhere.. we'll take it there..bring it.

As to any notion of style of posting.. youre a fine one , honestly ..pot , kettle black !!

Back to the topic...keeping up so far..want a rest ??

Scully. Its very simple ( good for you huh ) . Others around the traps, ie other clubs have taken teh line that they wish to sign with the club they're with. They too strangel yenough might wish to benefit from any winfalls via the AFL/players /tv-moneys etc. But , and heres the big difference thney have demonstrated this will by actually signing.

As many have already spoken of, but I'll repeat for the benefit of clarity, there will be ways to incorporate such ambit claims into a working document going forward. These players have spoken, they have put their hands in the air and said, WE WANT TO PLAY AT THIS ( insert ) CLUB ..

Just as I have no qualms really with what Scully does in the end, stay or go its his life I consider it totally fair that players such as Pendlebury sign for only a year. Its pure speculation ( compounded ) as to the where and what they willdo this time next year. Looming free-agency may well have more than passing interest to them. Good for them. Buit in doing so their respective clubs no where they standaand theplayers have given assurancesin the manner they can. Scully has not.

That you and others seem happily convinced he is staying, welll good. If thats what appeases you. But get it through your sconce, there are others who find his actions abhorent and quite disrespectful to the club. The management say its not happeniing becuase of 'this' or t"that" whilst we can plainly see that these are easily overrcome. So some of us , quite resaonably, suggest that something smells.

agian quack quack ( looks like and is a duck .just .for the challenged... still awake there Artie )

I consider it totally fair that players such as Pendlebury sign for only a year. Its pure speculation ( compounded ) as to the where and what they willdo this time next year.

I hope you see the irony in this. Signing for a year settles nothing...

In any event, if Scully is going to leave (not that I'm sure he will) I'd rather he do it this year and allow us the chance to address his loss as early as possible.

FWIW, Davey, Sylvia, Green etc. have all negotiated their contracts over trade week in recent years and despite a mountain of speculation (Green to Sydney, Hawthorn; Davey to Essendon, Freo etc.) they all stayed.

Tom Scully is acting on the advice of his management ie to play poker.

Though I don't know a lot about the kid he is a fairly dour, follow the instructions type kid.

Why am I here again?

Just as I have no qualms really with what Scully does in the end, stay or go its his life I consider it totally fair that players such as Pendlebury sign for only a year. Its pure speculation ( compounded ) as to the where and what they willdo this time next year. Looming free-agency may well have more than passing interest to them. Good for them. Buit in doing so their respective clubs no where they standaand theplayers have given assurancesin the manner they can. Scully has not.

That you and others seem happily convinced he is staying, welll good. If thats what appeases you. But get it through your sconce, there are others who find his actions abhorent and quite disrespectful to the club. The management say its not happeniing becuase of 'this' or t"that" whilst we can plainly see that these are easily overrcome. So some of us , quite resaonably, suggest that something smells.

Jeez, BB you can meltdown...

I removed the nonsense. And don't get offended again, you would call that nonsense too.

The crux of what you are saying is that his inability to give platitudes about staying at Melbourne and his refusal to not wait until the end of the season to talk about his contract is "abhorrent" and "disrepectful to the club."

I don't agree.

Just like the club is within its rights to ask players to sign contracts in its best interests - Cam Bruce comes to mind - players are within their rights to wait to sign contracts and to sign one-year contracts.

It is their right to get the most out of their chosen vocation.

He isn't acting abhorrently or showing disrespect just because he is not acting the way the club would like in negotiations.

And as for a proposed one year contract - I do not think it would be welcome given that he is being courted by GWS - they would still be able to sign him.

And it would also seem to be a slight to the current admin of the club that he will only sign for a third year at the club - seemingly unhappy with the first two and waiting to see if things improve.

It's also sad that a player who has not left yet will always be remembered by some fans, if he stays, for treating the club with 'disrespect' with his 'abhorrent' actions...

Will you boo him if he returns this year?

Rubbish - elite by hand, fine by foot.

Sorry old55 but I do not think he is an elite kick.

Trengove is a much better kick.

And this year his kicking has been found wanting!

Will you boo him if he returns this year?

Firstly..dont acuse another of melting..when youre quite good yourself..capische :)

otherwise..cheers :)

Would I boo him..lol..of course not. He is a Melbourne player. ANd he plays with much respect ffor the jumper. No qualms at all about his on field. Indeed I welcome and look forward to his return.

Its his Jeckle-Hyde like shenanagans that annoy me.

btw..shoudl he turn up eslewhere next year...then I certainly wont be clapping him ;rolleyes:

Firstly..dont acuse another of melting..when youre quite good yourself..capische :)

otherwise..cheers :)

Would I boo him..lol..of course not. He is a Melbourne player. ANd he plays with much respect ffor the jumper. No qualms at all about his on field. Indeed I welcome and look forward to his return.

Its his Jeckle-Hyde like shenanagans that annoy me.

btw..shoudl he turn up eslewhere next year...then I certainly wont be clapping him ;rolleyes:

How could you embrace someone you believe has acted in such a way?

I hope you see the irony in this. Signing for a year settles nothing...

In any event, if Scully is going to leave (not that I'm sure he will) I'd rather he do it this year and allow us the chance to address his loss as early as possible.

FWIW, Davey, Sylvia, Green etc. have all negotiated their contracts over trade week in recent years and despite a mountain of speculation (Green to Sydney, Hawthorn; Davey to Essendon, Freo etc.) they all stayed.

Yes it does. It means he has to stay and play with our boys, and become even more emotionally Attached to the playing group, the Jumper and the fabric. Oops.

If he truly wants to be a ONE Club, Player? He can easily sign for one whilst the TV rights monies distribution is sorted out.

Over to you, Tom.

Edited by dee-luded

How could you embrace someone you believe has acted in such a way?

Now now... youre cleverer than than that surely.

My beef is his dealings with the club...not how he plays for the club ! You know...as I do ..they are different arguments.

Some would say teh notion of "I dont agree with you but would defend your right etc etc " to be an incongruous stance but we both understand its foundation.

nice try...move on B)

Now now... youre cleverer than than that surely.

My beef is his dealings with the club...not how he plays for the club ! You know...as I do ..they are different arguments.

Some would say teh notion of "I dont agree with you but would defend your right etc etc " to be an incongruous stance but we both understand its foundation.

nice try...move on B)

Voltaire: "Huh?"

I don't see how you can believe he has disrepected the club but embrace him as a footballer.

You are putting the non-signing squarely on his shoulders, so I don't see how you can turn around and hug him.

Your 'beef' would be staring you, literally, in the face...

Edited by rpfc

The most significant thing that I've noticed about the 'Scully' saga is the way the media are now reporting it. At the start of the year after Eddie made those comments they were all saying that he was 'signed, sealed and delevered' to GWS, now whenever he gets a mention they almost always state that he's 'most likely' will stay at Melbourne.

The media get a lot of inside word about what happens at clubs, many of them don't go to print for various reasons, but something significant has occured behind the scene for the complete turn around of opinion. If he had already signed they would know, very much like last year with several high profile players, but the opposite is happening.

This suggests that he will stay, but I have to admit that I was concerned up until about a month ago. Now I can sit back and enjoy his comeback from injury without fretting and handwringing for the rest of the year!!

The most significant thing that I've noticed about the 'Scully' saga is the way the media are now reporting it. At the start of the year after Eddie made those comments they were all saying that he was 'signed, sealed and delevered' to GWS, now whenever he gets a mention they almost always state that he's 'most likely' will stay at Melbourne.

The media get a lot of inside word about what happens at clubs, many of them don't go to print for various reasons, but something significant has occured behind the scene for the complete turn around of opinion. If he had already signed they would know, very much like last year with several high profile players, but the opposite is happening.

This suggests that he will stay, but I have to admit that I was concerned up until about a month ago. Now I can sit back and enjoy his comeback from injury without fretting and handwringing for the rest of the year!!

I've noticed on multiple occasions (e.g., Damian Barrett twice on footy show) that when the talk of GWS scalps starts, that Scully doesn't even get a mention. In fact, apart from forums like this and BigFooty, there is very little discussion of this possibility. Can't wait to see him back out there in a few weeks.

Much over-rated

And any use of miracles would be banned as performance-enhancing-artifices

Would go missing on Sunday games too

Wouldn't want him to play him on Sundays.

He gets absolutely crucified on Sundays.

Guest Thomo

Wouldn't want him to play him on Sundays.

He gets absolutely crucified on Sundays.

Fridays were his problem, no sign of him Saturdays, back to his best on Sundays