Guest Artie Bucco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Artie Bucco

Man do I feel for the guy.

31 possies yesterday and I haven't heard a single word of praise about his game.

I guess you missed this 2 page thread, started immediately after the game yesterday to sing his praises?

I would've thought you'd have a look for something first, before complaining that it wasn't there.

I reckon when Scully is fit it will be a direct swap IN: T SCULLY OUT: N JONES.

Please, We as supporters need to sometimes take off the rose coloured glasses.

Let me pose this question when we have Scully and Jordie ready where do you see Jones? I see him on the fringe.

SD I have a bad feeling we are not going to faced with the problem for some time

if at all this year,

TS looks like a season injury from where I sit.

My wife works in the sports / work injury industries.

Those contacts say Scully's injury is a vey hard one to fix.

only rest will fix it and it is an individual thing as to how long it takes .

From day 1 my contacts were saying he may not play this year.

So Nathan may not have to face the problem this year

Back to Maric.

He was picked because he is a gun kick, yet i was impressed with his handpasses yesterday. He's got good hands and a useful football brain (that short handpass to Sylvia in the 3rd or one to Green for the last goal). A pity he didn't claim a goal himself but he still finished with 11 score assists and may have a role as a midfield/forward.

Maric played really well yesterday as well as Jonesy. But as was posted early, they both layed 1 tackle for the game which is very low, esp for Jones who is at every ball up. I know Maric was great on the outside on sunday but i would love to see him improve the contested ball (4 for the day) and tackles (1). Also now thinking he is very much a midfielder not a small forward

Man do I feel for the guy.

Morton was given the easiest 50 games of AFL

Give him a run of 5 or more games in our side and let's see if he can hold his own.

I totally agree with your sentiment on Maric. I believed that he should have been given for more chance after his preseason development.

Don't pick on Morton. Bailey likes the short chunky players, we are building a team of them. Something about self image. If you want someone to quote on easy careeer start with Bartram. Great run, good courage but very low grade skills and even slower mind. But there again he is of the short and chunky mold.

What I like about Maric's kicks are they are low and hard. It gets to the target quickly, he got front and square something we hve lacked so far this year. Like most of our team he must be consistant, you don't expect him to have 31 touches each week but he need to make sure he stays in the game for long periods of time.

And Bate was very bad yesterday

What I like about Maric's kicks are they are low and hard. It gets to the target quickly, he got front and square something we hve lacked so far this year. Like most of our team he must be consistant, you don't expect him to have 31 touches each week but he need to make sure he stays in the game for long periods of time.

Summed up nicley. those saying he just had an ok game go and watch the replay, his kicking was more dangerous than most, like Tapscott his kicking is a weapon.

Don't think people realise how handy he could be if he make the grade. he has shown consistency for a while at Casey so reckon he could do so for the Dees. just needs to be at the contest next week, as North always test us there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

REDEEMING by Meggs

It was such a balmy spring evening for this mid-week BNCA Pink Lady match at our favourite venue Ikon Park between two teams that had not won a game since round one.   After last week’s insipid bombing, the DeeArmy banner correctly deemanded that our players ‘go in hard, go in strong, go in fighting’, and girl they sure did!   The first quarter goals by Alyssa Bannan and Alyssia Pisano were simply stunning, and it was 4 goals to nil by half-time.   Kudos to Mick Stinear.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEM by Meggs

How will Mick Stinear and his dwindling list of fit and available Demons respond to last week’s 65-point capitulation to the Bombers, the team’s biggest loss in history?   As a minimum he will expect genuine effort from all of his players when Melbourne takes on the GWS Giants at Ikon Park this Thursday.  Happily, the ground remains a favourite Melbourne venue of players and spectators alike and will provide an opportunity for the Demons to redeem themselves. Injuries to star play

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

EASYBEATS by Meggs

A beautiful sunny Friday afternoon, with a light breeze and a strong Windy Hill crowd set the scene, inviting one team to seize the day and take the important four points on offer. For the Demons it was not a good Friday, easily beaten by an all-time largest losing margin of 65 points.   Essendon threw themselves into action today, winning most of the contests and had three early goals with Daria Bannister on fire.  In contrast the Demons were dropping marks, hesitant in close and comm

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 9

DEFUSE THE BOMBERS by Meggs

Last Saturday’s crushing loss to Fremantle, after being three goals ahead at three quarter time, should be motivation enough to bounce back for this very winnable Round 5 clash at Windy Hill. A first-time venue for the Melbourne AFLW team, this should be a familiar suburban, windy, footy environment for the players.   Essendon were brave and competitive last week against ladder leader Adelaide at Sturt’s home ground. A familiar name, Maddison Gay, was the Bombers best player with

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 33

BLOW THE SIREN by Meggs

Fremantle hosted the Demons on a sunny 20-degree Saturdayafternoon winning the toss and electing to defend in the first quarter against the 3-goal breeze favouring the Parry Street end. There was method here, as this would give the comeback queens, the Dockers, last use of the breeze. The Melbourne Coach had promised an improved performance, and we did start better than previous weeks, winning the ball out of the middle, using the breeze advantage and connecting to the forwards. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

GETAWAY by Meggs

Calling all fit players. Expect every available Melbourne player to board the Virgin cross-continent flight to Perth for this Round 4 clash on Saturday afternoon at Fremantle Oval. It promises to be keenly contested, though Fremantle is the bookies clear favourite.  If we lose, finals could be remoter than Rottnest Island especially following on from the Dees 50-point dismantlement by North Melbourne last Sunday.  There are 8 remaining matches, over the next 7 weeks.  To Meggs’

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

DRUBBING by Meggs

With Casey Fields basking in sunshine, an enthusiastic throng of young Demons fans formed a guard of honour for the evergreen and much admired 75-gamer Paxy Paxman. As the home team ran out to play, Paxy’s banner promised that the Demons would bounce back from last week’s loss to Brisbane and reign supreme.   Disappointingly, the Kangaroos dominated the match to win by 50 points, but our Paxy certainly did her bit.  She was clearly our best player, sweeping well in defence.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 4

GARNER STRENGTH by Meggs

In keeping with our tough draw theme, Week 3 sees Melbourne take on flag favourites, North Melbourne, at Casey Fields this Sunday at 1:05pm.  The weather forecast looks dry, a coolish 14 degrees and will be characteristically gusty.  Remember when Casey Fields was considered our fortress?  The Demons have lost two of their past three matches at the Field of Dreams, so opposition teams commute down the Princes Highway with more optimism these days.  The Dees held the highe

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

ALLY’S FIELDS by Meggs

It was a sunny morning at Casey Fields, as Demon supporters young and old formed a guard of honour for fan favourite and 50-gamer Alyssa Bannan.  Banno’s banner stated the speedster was the ‘fastest 50 games’ by an AFLW player ever.   For Dees supporters, today was not our day and unfortunately not for Banno either. A couple of opportunities emerged for our number 6 but alas there was no sizzle.   Brisbane atoned for last week’s record loss to North Melbourne, comprehensively out

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!