• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ricky 'Bobby' Petterd

Guest Gotzy15

If your going to basis your argument on current form then we should be playing Newton. he has been kicking loads for casey. i wonder if GWS go after him.

struggling for form are Pettard, Maric, Watts, Dunn.

Seriously what does Dunn have to do to keep his spot. He is a forward. He isnt going to kick a bag every week. He is clearly one of our better forwards, he needs to be in the team. He is playing bad yet still averagine 1.8 goals per game which is a 40 goal season rate. Give him a chance. I don't care, forwards are there to kick goals and Dunn can do that. Forward line should read:

HF: Davey Dunn Green

FF: Petterd Jurrah Wonaeamirri

C&B can you please explain to me why Watts is the only player in the team exempt from playing at Casey?

If he is not carrying his weight then off to Casey like every other player in the team.

I do not except that he is the only player in the team that a game or two at a lower level would not help.

comes back to the same question: are we playing for a win tonight or a premiership in 2-4 years?

for mine I don't see the point in ever playing any of these young guns in the magoos, we need them developing in the same side together

with Watts it is more important because the thing his future hinges most on is his ability to play physical football against gorillas and he just won't be learning that at Casey. We have a wealth of talented midfielders but Watts is a critical player thatw e really need to get dividends from

having said all that I think Ricky is part of our future and needs his own time on the park.. but we couldn't drop any senior player for him as we need all the experience and leadership we can get out there

it's a tough one, if Scully and McKenzie were fit there would be two more very unlucky ones in the emergencies

don't worry i'm sure we will cop injuries soon and ricky will be back

It's never been more important to try and stop the ball leaving your forward 50 so I do agree with a couple of others that have said Petterd needs to work on the defensive side of his game. I don't consider him a "small" forward as someone alluded to, but more a mid size forward, especially with his marking capabilities.

I really like Petterd as a player. I love his courage and as with Dunn he has some x factor. I hope he takes his game to a level that keeps Dunn out, because Dunn is definitely his main rival. It's a tough gig playing as a mid size forward when you can't rotate through the midfield. Just ask Brent Macaffer who's a similar type player that played in both Grand Finals last year, but right now can't get a game at the Filth.

Agree with those stating Petterd is up against Wonna & Maric.

Wonna unlikely to go out of the side unless injured.

How about Petterd v Morton and Bail for a spot on the wing? Not saying Morton or Bail should be dropped, but surely there's a couple of positions that Petterd could be considered for. We'll inevitably get an injury here and there, (hopefully small) and he should slot into best 22 in quite a number of outside mid/forward positions.

It's a joke.

I like some of Dunn's new found team work, the blocks and sheperds and some of his fighting to keep the ball up our end... but then I remember Petterd does all that too, is 1000 times harder than Dunn, better over head and kicks just as many goals.

He is wasted at VFL level.

Guest Thomo

Absolutely spot on. I said that yesterday in another thread.

It's easy to say that Ricky is being left out of the team because Bailey is babysitting Watts, but they are NOT competing for the same position because they play different roles.

Petterd needs to push ahead of Dunn, Aussie and to a lesser extent Maric, and Watts is competing with Bate and Newton. Now who here wants to see either of those players get a game ahead of Watts?

Why arne't they? Just becuase Watts is taller? We need a marking forward who can kick goals, Watts is not doing that, Petterd has proven he can.

IMO wonna is keeping Petterd out of the side thus far, that is not to say in future both guys cannot play in the senior side, but right now that is the way i see it.

I just hope the Scorps keep winning..Nothing like competition for spots weekly. Ricky is still young. He will make it if his attitude stays right.

I spoke to guy whom went to the Before the Game/Bounce pre match function where a coach speaks along with Cam Schwab.

It was prior to the Brisbane game and the question was asked of Scotty West why wasn't Ricky in the side.

Apparently he has been sent back to work on his defensive pressure and general field kicking.

And it's true, he is definately a mark and kick type forward and his field kicking isn't his strong point but I still think he offer's enough to the side.

It probably didn't help that Casey didn't play last week and therefore no players could press claims for a spot this week.

If we lose tonight, I'd expect him to come straight back in.

If we win, lose or draw tonight, I'd expect him to come straight back in.

EFA.

They say don't change a winning side, but Petterd's talent is wasted at VFL level. He's also a medium forward (185 cm, 85 kg) so he won't force Wonaeamirri out of the side.

Ricky on talent is in our best 22 for sure. Problem is he hasn't set the world on fire.

He will work back into the side. Morton pushing forward has not helped his cause. Sooner or later we will drop some games and make some changes, which is when Ricky will be given another go.

Ricky could play next week for all we know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gotzy15

Its nice to see this thread that i started 11 days ago is back up after Rickys comeback game yesterday!! A great performance from a very talented and courageous player. Lets hope we see Ricky crashing packs and kicking amazing goals for many years to come. I was certainly wearing the number 15 on my back very proudly yesterday!!

Its nice to see this thread that i started 11 days ago is back up after Rickys comeback game yesterday!! A great performance from a very talented and courageous player. Lets hope we see Ricky crashing packs and kicking amazing goals for many years to come. I was certainly wearing the number 15 on my back very proudly yesterday!!

No problem, Gotzy.

Did you happen to read the post that bumped this thread?

It was a quote from Petterd himself.

It's an interesting perspective from Ricky. I couldn't work out why he wasn't being played in the firsts, still don't really agree with him having that long at Casey but it lifts my heart to hear his attitude towards it isn't one of arrogance and "I belong in the seniors" sort of thing.

Really enjoy watching him play.

It's an interesting perspective from Ricky. I couldn't work out why he wasn't being played in the firsts, still don't really agree with him having that long at Casey but it lifts my heart to hear his attitude towards it isn't one of arrogance and "I belong in the seniors" sort of thing.

Really enjoy watching him play.

Go Ricky you good thang!