Changes for next game

deeflog

Personally i would make only one change for our next game.

OUT- Dunn

IN- Petterd

Bennell needs to do more but no one banging the door down to take his spot, and Watts, despite not being suitable for the sub role, did enough in the time he was on ground to retain his spot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn has been poor the last 2 matches. Slicky Ricky could give us 4 good quarters but is not the same marking target that Dunn is.

I think our forward 6 is still a bit of a dogs breakfast with no real concrete lineup that has worked. Wonna seems to be a lock down there, and Jurrah hasn't been able to catch on anywhere else outside the forward 50. Why not throw Ricky in and give him another go to see if another combo will work better.

OUT- Dunn

IN- Petterd

Probably agree. If we are going to motivate VFL players and put pressure on the senior players we've got to reward the BOG of the VFL if it fits within the team structure.

Although I like the ideas of keeping a pretty stable team because we're very close to our best 22 atm (minus Scully and Mckenzie).

I'm really happy with our depth atm:

- 4 older players in Warnock, MacDonald, Bate, Newton could all slot in pretty well. None of them should replace a player from our senior team atm, but if injuries occur will come in.

- Youngsters in Blease, Strauss, Maric, Jetta, Cook, Gawn, Nicholson, Mcdonald, Evans all actually playing well at VFL level and showing that they are on the improve and developing the deficiencies in their game.

OUT- Dunn

IN- Petterd

Bennell needs to do more but no one banging the door down to take his spot, and Watts, despite not being suitable for the sub role, did enough in the time he was on ground to retain his spot

Agreed.

Subiaco is a big ground, so we need as many good runners. Petterd gives us better flexibility up forward with his run and I'd have Bennell as sub, given he is naturally a burst player. His fresh legs on a big ground could be really important to us in this match.

Dunn has been just average, and he needs to do more than that to keep his spot.

Watts has to stay and develop, and he cannot be a goddamn sub. That decision still baffles me.

Agreed.

Subiaco is a big ground, so we need as many good runners. Petterd gives us better flexibility up forward with his run and I'd have Bennell as sub, given he is naturally a burst player. His fresh legs on a big ground could be really important to us in this match.

Dunn has been just average, and he needs to do more than that to keep his spot.

Watts has to stay and develop, and he cannot be a goddamn sub. That decision still baffles me.

We're not playing at Subiaco, I think the game is at Patersons Stadium isn't it? I have no clue how that differs in size from Subi.

Dunn is definitely on thin ice at the moment. Doesn't do enough, so yeah I'd drop him and bring in Petterd or Maric.

Completely agree re Watts. At least he showed a good attitude during the last quarter though. Couple of cracking marks. I'm confident it won't be long until we see him really influence a game.

To sum up:

IN: Petterd / Maric

OUT: Dunn

I read Demonland before watching the game on TV. My god how distorted some posters view of the game is. A couple of missed targets at one point and we are the worst coached most hopeless side in the comp. The reality was that we had a result that was better than most expected and we played just about as well as we could have expected. But for missing a fair few goals we would have had a 100 plus point win...

I thought Watts was good when he came on. Couple of good contested marks, couple of good tackles, quick hands that resulted in goals or shots at goal. He looked to have some hunger about him which i liked.

With no injuries i don't see any changes. I agree good form at Casey needs to be rewarded but i can't really see any more than 1 change at best. But no-one immediately springs to mind to come out of the team.

Ah right. My living in London for the past year has greatly affected my knowledge! Can't wait to get back home in 2 weeks and see some footy.

I thought you were making a witty stab at the Consumerist, sponsor-driven nature of modern sports . . . until you ruined that by admitting your ignorance. Oh well.

As for the game, I haven't been too impressed with Colin Garland over the past couple of weeks. I would make the following changes:

IN: Madonald, Petterd

OUT: Garland, Dunn

But that's unlikely to happen. Besides, it may just be a little poor patch for Judy. He could even be out of it in two weeks time anyway.

I am not a big fan of Bartram's mostly because he turn's the ball over too much, but he has been very good this year and his spot is safe for mine.

Agree Bartram has been performing his jobs consistently. But I'm a fan of improving where necessary. ie. coming out of defence.

I thought you were making a witty stab at the Consumerist, sponsor-driven nature of modern sports . . . until you ruined that by admitting your ignorance. Oh well.

As for the game, I haven't been too impressed with Colin Garland over the past couple of weeks. I would make the following changes:

IN: Madonald, Petterd

OUT: Garland, Dunn

But that's unlikely to happen. Besides, it may just be a little poor patch for Judy. He could even be out of it in two weeks time anyway.

No matter how bad Garland's form is it is still way better than anything Macdonald can dish up.

Yeah, I think Watts might enjoy the extra space at Subi as well. Dunn hasn't been in the game enough so far but I just wonder if his tank would be useful at Subi as well.

I thought Bartram was a little off today but not exactly a "poor" game.

Will be a tough call at the selection meeting that's for sure and we had no injuries of note did we?

I just hope that our sub is a running type as it will be hard going over there.

OUT: Morton

IN: Petterd

I think Morton could do with a game at a slightly slower pace to get his sights in. Although I do think his wing play would be handy at Subi (Patterson's, or whatever), I can also see him doing some damage with turnovers etc. Tough call possibly, but he'd be back the next week I reckon.

Give Ricky another shot back where he should be, and have Bennell as sub, not because he only deserves half a game, but because he could really excel in the sub role.

OUT: Morton

IN: Petterd

I think Morton could do with a game at a slightly slower pace to get his sights in. Although I do think his wing play would be handy at Subi (Patterson's, or whatever), I can also see him doing some damage with turnovers etc. Tough call possibly, but he'd be back the next week I reckon.

Give Ricky another shot back where he should be, and have Bennell as sub, not because he only deserves half a game, but because he could really excel in the sub role.

I think Morton's slowly getting into it.

The FD obviously rate him considering they rushed him in.

Again, at Subi, Morton should get what he loves - space.

Frack, we have a lot of front runners...

Trengove, Scully, Mckenzie, and Gysberts balance that out but just not at the minute...