Casey Scorpions v Frankston

Grapeviney

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One assumes Fevola is still on vacation in Los Vegas?

We would have heard if he indeed went there- give him a chance at least- Los Angeles is where he went to.

Good point. He'll be back Soooon.

Rnd 1 - Sat 2/4/2011 @ 7.00PM. Casey v Geelong ........Casey Fields...under lights.

Here is a little after thought on Fevola. If he was so dead keen to do the right thing and really wants to play football again - why is holidaying in LA ? Wouldn't it be a more positive statement from him saying I really want to play football again so I'll sweat and grind like everyone else and turn out for a practice match ?

Edited by nutbean

give him a chance at least- Los Angeles is where he went to.

Well that's different then. :rolleyes:

As another poster said how many chances (or how much chance) does he want?

He's got deep and dnagerous personal issues, apparently "wants" to play football again, is 12kgs overweight, has done no pre season training and has the "approval" of Casey to p1$$ off to LA for week. He has also undertaken a number of actions and public arrangements in direct conflict with the advise of his managers and close advisers.

Fev has as much chance of playing for MFC as you have. Certainly no basis for trumpeting any special judgement on this JCB.

Here is a little after thought on Fevola. If he was so dead keen to do the right thing and really wants to play football again - why is holidaying in LA ? Wouldn't it be a more positive statement from him saying I really want to play football again so I'll sweat and grind like everyone else and turn out for a practice match ?

My sentiments exactly...Having worked with a few addicts in the past, Poor Brendon is a long way off accepting he has any sort of addiction, and by that i mean REALLY accepting, if he boarded a plane to "Bat Country" days after emerging from a long rehab stint.

It is a real shame somebody did not "Lose" his passport quietly before he checked in at the airport, but then he is a grown man..in theory.

he may not have done a pre season but his rehab would certainly not have been a holiday. He is a fair way off playing and like everyone else needs a holiday to clear the head. Im more worried about him being in the cas.

I may be off the mark here but I would have thought the idea is for him to come out of rehab clear headed. I am not suggesting that he steps out of rehab and then goes straight into 120 minutes of football - I would have thought though, that if he was keen to show that he is on the road to recovery and wanted to impress on all ( and himself ) that he wants football to be a major part of his life then taking off for a weeks holiday to the States is not the right way to show it. What about training small amounts every day to get himself back on track to be ready to take part in round one in good shape.

Again, I am judging a book by its previous covers but I think he thinks that VFL is way beneath him - He can be half fit and still kick a zillion goals. I maybe judging his thinking harshly but his past history makes me judge him with some preconceptions. Fev just doesnt strike as one of those footballers who are dropped but quitely and dilligently go back to the VFA, work their butts off and force their way back to the seniors - Fev strikes me as I'll just turn up and play and be a superstar.

Edited by nutbean

We would have heard if he indeed went there- give him a chance at least- Los Angeles is where he went to.

Thank you. I stand corrected but Vegas is no more than an hour's flight from LA. What's to stop a gambling addict from jumping on a plane and heading there to indulge himself until the money runs out?

My sentiments exactly...Having worked with a few addicts in the past, Poor Brendon is a long way off accepting he has any sort of addiction, and by that i mean REALLY accepting, if he boarded a plane to "Bat Country" days after emerging from a long rehab stint.

So after working with a few addicts in the past, you can tell ex actually how Brendon is at the moment?

Based on what? have you spoken to him personally recently?

So after working with a few addicts in the past, you can tell ex actually how Brendon is at the moment?

Based on what? have you spoken to him personally recently?

No i have not spoken to him, but if he is on the "Blocker" Drugs i certainly have a fair idea on how he will be reacting.

Being somewhere in California right now i would not recommend to any one in his position....Those drugs almost change DNA they are not to be played with. But i am sure Brendon is finding that out.

No i have not spoken to him, but if he is on the "Blocker" Drugs i certainly have a fair idea on how he will be reacting.

Being somewhere in California right now i would not recommend to any one in his position....Those drugs almost change DNA they are not to be played with. But i am sure Brendon is finding that out.

How would he be reacting?

How would he be reacting?

You have to abstain from a lot of things. That is why most people on them need supervision 24/7 to make sure they keep taking them.

They are Tough work and it is very easy to just stop doing it-If He is anywhere near Vegas-Look out.

Now he maybe doing all the right things up till now-But his track record is not good, but i wouldn't be to confident

He should be back next week i suspect....

Guest DeesPower

Perfect sunny day here at Casey.

Ten minutes into 2nd quarter, Casey 3.8.26 to Frankston 1.5 11.

So far Ricky Petterd has 3.2 in a dominant performance connecting particularly well with Wonna up forward.

All of Gysberts, Blease, Gawn, Spencer Tapscott, Cook, Nicholson, McDonald, Howe, Evans and Johnston are also playing.

Guest DeesPower

Half Time: Casey 7.10.52 to Frankston 5.6.36

Goals: Petterd 3, Matthews 2, Lindsay, Wall

Best; Petterd, Wonaeamirri, Spencer, Gawn, Matthews

Dominant in stoppages with both Gawn and Spencer controlling the ricks. Gawn a terrific tap ruckman, but not yet holding his marks around the ground although I'm sure that will come. Field kicking ordinary and overusing handball.

No other young gun outstanding although Blease has had a bit of the ball off half back.

Petterd and Wonna will both be in the first 22 next week on this performance. Maybe Spencer also who has been good around the ground as well as in the ruck. Excited by Gawn's obvious potential, although Spencer is pretty close in size when you seethem up close standing next to one another.

Tapscott has done a few nice things but fairly quiet otherwise. Gysberts hardly seen. Similarly Cook, evans, Nicholson, and Howe.

Please post your thoughts at the end of the match.

really good to hear how the lesser lights are improving, The pressure for a spot in the starting 22 can only be good !

Go Dees !

Guest DeesPower

3/4 time

Scorpions 11.12 to 7.6

Goals: Pettard 4, Matthews 2, McShane 2, Lindsay 2, Riseley 1

Best to 3/4 time (not having seen the stats)

pettard, wonna, bleeze, Gawn, Spencer, mcshane, lindsay