Tom Scully and GWS

e25

Poor speculation if you ask me.

He's at a team certainly going places, looks good and the only reason he was 'starved of opportunity' was pretty much because of injury. He has deficiences he needs to work on, which I'm sure he understands, why wouldn't he want to do that at a club that he's already played 50 games at in 3 years.

I heard that the player WS are trying to snare is big, can jump and has dreadlocks.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the player WS are trying to snare is big, can jump and has dreadlocks.

You appear to have missed that NN signed for 3 years with the Eagles.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/naitanui-commits-to-eagles/story-e6frf9jf-1225967793152

And according to H007 Scully is going to Richmond.

Edited by old55

Guest hangon007

Rubbish ... I said they were our biggest threat IMHO at this stage and not GWS. Thats a massive mis-quote.

You appear to have missed that NN signed for 3 years with the Eagles.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/naitanui-commits-to-eagles/story-e6frf9jf-1225967793152

Yeah three days ago. Three days ago, GWS thought the NAt was going their way. HS are so far behind the ball, its not funny.

Scully hasn't decided or agree on a contract anywhere. Infact, he isn't even contemplating aany dollars till the end of the season.

My feelings on this matter is simple- enjoy the year as it unfolds-if indeed Tom gets an official approach from GWS and indeed leaves good luck to him.Similar footballers whom have left us include Chris Johnson and Brock McLean and look what's happened.If Tom left us it would not be th end of the world ,similar to how I feel about my previous favourite player in Cam Bruce- if you want to leave-GO. We will replace you and open up another opportunity to someone whom wants it.It is simple as what I have just said.Go and good riddance.

Most ridiculous post I have read for along time. Tom Scully is potentially the best player to play for this club since Robbie Flower. They don't come around often.

Most ridiculous post I have read for along time. Tom Scully is potentially the best player to play for this club since Robbie Flower. They don't come around often.

Fair and accurate point. I have edited my post.. Taken the word similar out.. What I was trying to say was..incorrect.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Guest hangon007

Tom Scully is potentially the best player to play for this club since Robbie Flower. They don't come around often.

Exactly why you would think he is on the "radar" of nearly every Victorian based club.

However, those clubs would need to have the picks to negotiate with his management to get Scully to the club of his choice. (Assuming he does choose to go.)

Plus that club (ie of his choice) would need a fall back position of being able to negotiate with GWS if that was needed.

However, obviously we hope he wants to stay a Demon 100% even faced with the possibility of overlooking a higher offer elsewhere.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

H007 said Scully is likely to go to Richmond.

More rubbish ... Read what I said.

Just for your information ... I said IMHO Richmond are more of a threat than GWS for Tom Scullys services.

Again another mis-quote. :)

Huge call after one year to say Scully is potentially the best player to play for this club since Robbie Flower.I feel we have many that show huge potential with some whom has never played for us yet..and by God Tom would have to develop dramatically to reach Flower's leveland in particular his kicking.However,I am not saying he can't make it..But a big call by you...

Huge call after one year to say Scully is potentially the best player to play for this club since Robbie Flower.I feel we have many that show huge potential with some whom has never played for us yet..and by God Tom would have to develop dramatically to reach Flower's leveland in particular his kicking.However,I am not saying he can't make it..But a big call by you...

I'd agree with Roost.

I think it's safe to say, barring injury, he'll be a star.

If I told you the answer to that I would have to shot you. So sorry you will never get the answer from me.

If you want an opinion on everything sorry I'm the wrong poster to read. They are far better qualified than me around here... so if I was you, I would just listen to all those wise posters saying - "she will be right mate, we have no worries, this team or that team are no threat" Ultimately, they might be right but that would have more to do with the character of Tom than what they are writing.

All I'm saying is there is more than one team in the AFL lining up to have a crack at Tom. Obviously, I'm praying it wont happen. I'm also saying dont rule out Sheedy getting involved or "trying" to get involved, we are not exactly on his Christmas card list.

Ever consider Hutchy might only have half of the story right? B) Under estimate your opposition at your own peril in AFL football, both on & off the field.

This post is why you are struggling with posters 'mis-quoting' you, HO007.

They are all trying to interpret what the hell you are going on about...

It's very difficult to paraphrase crazy.

I never said that at all. You are putting words into my mouth.

What I said was we will just have to wait and see how the season unfolds as to what Richmond or any other team have to offer up for trade. Plus I'm not sure who "teams" will have "out of contract" and are "tradeable" to GWS to get more picks - Its only December. However, Tigers do have a head start with that banked pick from last year.

So its you who is fully of it. B)

or this ^ incomprehensible babble.

Guest hangon007

or this ^ incomprehensible babble.

No problems you can attack me all you want. If you and your mates cant understand what I'm saying ... I have no problems with that. As I said "people will believe what they want to believe."

You just stick with

So Scully can get to GWS but that's it - he'll either be at MFC or GWS in 2012.

Please advise otherwise ...

However, I'm suggesting to you there is a much more dangerous player in this game. B)

However, I hope Tom does stay with us.

This post is why you are struggling with posters 'mis-quoting' you, HO007.

They are all trying to interpret what the hell you are going on about...

It's very difficult to paraphrase crazy.

Ha! That old reply to a very simple question from me. And there still isn't an answer.

I remember scratching my head after reading that, and my response was all I could come up with. And still is.

However, I'm suggesting to you there is a much more dangerous player in this game. B)

Yeah but you haven't said who it is, why it's them and how they could do it.

You haven't rated the GWS threat e.g. impossible, unlikely, possible, likely, probable, certain

And you haven't rated your "dangerous player" threat

It's pretty clear that GWS is a threat, why and how:

- their ability to pay at least double what any other team including MFC and your "mystery (could be Richmond) team".

- the fact that they have the first 3 ND picks and the first PSD pick.

Yet you claim your Threat is more "dangerous".

If you actually put up some reasoning then your position could be assessed.

Currently you may as well be saying "I think a meteor strike on the Scully home is a bigger threat".

Big on mystery - no substance. That's why I'm calling you on bullsh1t.

I'd agree with Roost.

I think it's safe to say, barring injury, he'll be a star.

I don't question that- I agree he has the makings of a star- but to be as good as Flower is a HUGE, NO Gigantic statement on one years effort.

Good to see GC17 has been able to sufficiantly stir up a large amount of paranoia to blead over to GWS (as demonstrated by this thread).

If he was to go anywhre, I would proffer it to not be GWS as any other team would probably have to pay overs for a #1 draft pick.

I find it interesting to see what "good" 2nd year players ( or players very young in their career) have left their club for greener ($) pastures.

My dodgy memory comes up with 4 off the top of my head

Frank Marchesani - 16 games with Fitroy in 1979 and then asked for a clearance to Carlton after his first season in 1979

Anthony Rocca - two seasons with the Swans before traded to Collingwood end of 1996 season however he made it clear it was the go home factor and wanting to play with his brother

Nathan Buckley - He shifted to Collingwood end of 1993 after one season playing with the Bears. Buckley only agreed to play with the bears if he had a get out clause in his contract at end of year one to the club of his choice.

Jeff White came to Melboune after 3 years at Freo

These are the four higher profile players I can remember in my lifetime ( and three of those were go home factor/wanting to play in Melbourne) and I guess whilst I wouldnt bury my head in the sand, players of only two/three seasons moving to other clubs is a rarity.