Recruits Videos

Rocknroll

Due to shizenhousen state of the AFL/ Big pond website, anyone overseas cannot see videos of these new young guns. This really yanks my crank. I have been writing grumpy grandpa Simpson style emails all day.

Is anyone else having difficulties?

If anyone can post, tell me how to get around this problem or sends me through the videos (not links to the AFL site please) I would be very grateful.

Due to shizenhousen state of the AFL/ Big pond website, anyone overseas cannot see videos of these new young guns. This really yanks my crank. I have been writing grumpy grandpa Simpson style emails all day.

If anyone can post, tell me how to get around this problem or sends me through the videos (not links to the AFL site please) I would be very grateful.

Paint my chicken coop!

But seriously, it's a disgrace. Even those of us in Australia have issues most of the time. Very poor on the AFL (well, Telstra)'s part.

Perhaps your thread title should have read "Recruits Videos ?".

Then it would have saved me opening it.

Thanks.

Jeremy Howe:

Cheers Chaser,

Download helper will not work when you get redirected as sson as you click or try and download the vid.

Thanks for the You tube link. I was hoping for Cook, Davis and McDonald

Of course, I should have realised.

If no one beats me to it, I can upload those when I get home from work tonight.

Just watched the video on the AFL website and that is actually a different one.

The AFL highlights package is from multiple games, but the footage is shaky, grainy and shorter.

It's like they've made a highlight reel from the footage our recruiters captured (maybe they did).

This at least has commentary too, but on the other video he takes a few more nice overhead marks and shows off more of his mobility.

The kid certainly gets around the ground.

I'm happy with this pick & while it might be spin, BP did say that after the draft another team's recruiter said to him that they were waiting for Cook just a few picks later.

Port? North? Geelong?

Either way, I think we've got a good one, especially at 196cm.

Happy with all of them to be honest.

R&R, I agree with you 100%! Living overseas it's an absoulte joke trying to view AFL content online. I just can't understand the logic. They are obviously trying to grow the game overseas, International Rules, China Game, Nab Cup in SA, Dubai, etc... It's an absolute joke that footage that is free to watch in Australia you need to pay for if you're overseas. Where is the logic? I've been overseas for a few years so have found alternatives to watch games online, but still find it frustrating that I'm expected to pay to watch draftee videos and the team signing the song after the games etc... I did pay the service the first year I was over and it was completely useles!

So big thanks to E25 and anyone else who uploads the videos on you tube, it is much appreciated!

I'm happy with this pick & while it might be spin, BP did say that after the draft another team's recruiter said to him that they were waiting for Cook just a few picks later.

Port? North? Geelong?

I've been wondering the same thing. I reckon it's out of North and Geelong leaning towards Geelong. Who have they got in the forward line that's considered 'tall' minus Hawkins and Stevie J?????? Cam Mooney and J-Pod are getting on a bit.

Edited by Demon Disciple

Troy Davis:

I like this kid's composure in the last line of defense- not afraid to take a defensive mark or to back himself and run the ball out of defense rather than concede a point.

Two minutes of highlight footage is hardly conclusive proof that we've snagged a future 200 gamer, but i like what i see so far!

Given that I no expect us to have too many top 15 draft picks over the next decade, we're gonna have to rely one one or two mid to late round smokies coming good each year.

Here's hoping BP has hit paydirt with Troy!

Here's the footage of Lucas Cook from the AFL website:

Really impressive video. every one of his disposals is intellegent, well executed and putting his teammate in a better position. Also some strong marking and kicking for goal.

Clearly a good height, he will develop the size within 2-3 years... happy with the selection

So we've picked 4 right footers, but one of them (Howe) is out of left field.

We know we still lack that big KPF like a Dawes or Brown from Collingood and we've tried Johnson, Newton and Martin without success. The MFC will possibly pick one in the rookie draft and who can also pinch hit in the ruck. Just someone who can fill that roll for a couple of years till Cook Watts fill out.

Pity we missed on Hale. Looks like Hawthorn are following Collingwood's lead and plan to use Hale as a 3rd big forward, keeping Renouf in the ruck. Other sides like North and the Gold Coast and Adelaide will be stacked with talls on the forward line.

No wonder we made the tall order in the draft.