Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

I just think it's a bad pre snap read to throw in to 2 deep safties then once the play unfolds he should see the underneath coverage and be even more scared as he then can't be long or deep. Much safer to take a shot out wide or angle in at the seems between the corners and safeties that the linebackers probably wont be covering as they'll be up watching AP

And deep balls down the middle don't test true arm strength as much as the deep darts between the seems and down the sides because the only way to catch them generally is to put air up under the ball. You see QBs throw fast and deep and over throw receivers all the time. If you've got a good receiver you are much safer to put some air under it, the proviso being the guy is double covered.

All in all it was a poor play call, poor read and poor throw and a typical Ponder mistake. But he came back an played great (Or good enough to torch Washington's rubbish defense) anyway so 1 mistake per game can be tolerated.

Sorry mate I should clarify my earlier post a bit, as I was a bit distracted due to the Bengals making a bit of a game of it after looking dead and buried. :)

Part of what I was trying to say was that a lot of teams with the same look would have tried that throw. Rodgers certainly would have backed Jennings in against a linebacker, but he would most probably have erred on the long side, which takes the safety out of it in this situation.You have more of a margin of error if you have a Megatron who can jump over tall buildings, but generally with your speed guys you should be throwing over the top and as you say with some air under the ball to advantage, but not a short rainmaker that gives even the defensive tackles time to run back and make a play...only slight exaggeration :)

What I would argue, and I think Cowboy agrees, is that the Vikings shouldn't be trying that type of play with Ponder too much, because the chances of success aren't that high. If you have Rodgers, yep worth a shot as for the rest of the game the defence has to worry about them taking the top off, but if you have Ponder....no just no :)

Kap had one of his Kap days. Awful passing. 11/22 for 91 yards, and the INT late in the fourth sealed the game. Carolina deserves to be considered legit. If the Saints lose to the Cowboys, they'll be leading NFC South I think.

Green Bay won't make the playoffs this year without Rodgers. Detroit for NFC North?

Indy got very lucky this week, with Tennessee losing Jake Locker and thus losing to Jacksonville (which shouldn't have happened even without Locker). That loss to St Louis shows the hole in the offence Reggie Wayne's injury has left.

Ravens and Steelers close the gap in the AFC North. Bengals not playing well enough to close that division out. Pittsburgh is awful but they're only three back. Same deal with the Giants, who will only be two back in the NFC East if Dallas loses.

Denver did what it had to do, with the Chargers cooked in the AFC I think. Now having to deal with Baltimore for that wild card as well as the Jets and the Titans.

• Like 1

What's happened to the bengals offence strafford? Your boys offence was smothered in the first half.

Bears came real close with some TD's waved off late in the game. That rams defensive line is bloody scary. Next week I may purchase a Green Bay jersey as our very own "macca" may line up at QB.

• Like 2

What's happened to the bengals offence strafford? Your boys offence was smothered in the first half.

Bears came real close with some TD's waved off late in the game. That rams defensive line is bloody scary. Next week I may purchase a Green Bay jersey as our very own "macca" may line up at QB.

Sigh where do I start. Six interceptions in two games doesn't help. Nor does over 130 yards in penalties. I think the Ravens had under 200 yards of total offence, somewhere around that mark anyway. Dalton had an elite start to his career in terms of not throwing a red zone interception, then bang two in three weeks or is it three in four, either way the spell is broken.

Probably the main key is pressure. When the line keep Dalton clean he can look a million dollars, but as you would expect with a QB with questionable armstrength he can't muscle throws in when he can't set his feet, nor is he great when he rolls out of the pocket. The Ravens swarmed Dalton today, credit to them.

Flacco didn't look great either today just quietly, and is on a great deal more money.

We need to get back to Paul Brown stadium where we are still unbeaten and stay unbeaten there for the rest of the season. Not getting so far behind early would be a great, so we don't have to rely on Andy throwing the ball as much.

The Bengals are toying with my emotions again and I don't like it :)

Still I was able to sit at home watching a few games of football today for the first time in a while, and despite the ads it is still nice to see them live. Also on a positive note, I picked up another point in the tipping...whooohooo :)

• Like 2

Well, I'm taller than a couple of the current QB's so why not! There's at least a few small considerations to take into account though ... like fear and ability! ^_^ (I'd be good at handing off to a RB - that seems easy enough)

Anyway, here's my take on things after today's games (for what it's worth) ...

The NFC North is Detroit's to lose now. The Lions schedule isn't too difficult and they should be able to get to at least 10 wins (that might be enough after taking into account their record within the division)

49ers losing opens things up a lot in the NFC. Seattle should win that Division now unless they lose @ the 49ers and lose another 1 or 2 games. I reckon they'll end up 13/3 at worst. They could easily get home field advantage all the way through to the Super Bowl and the 49ers might have to do it on the road (assuming they make the play-offs)

The Panthers played very well and that win will strengthen their case for a play-off berth. Saints were impressive at home and kept their hopes alive for a no.1 seed in the NFC. Dallas were disappointing ... the Eagles are within striking distance after today's win (I've no doubt mozzed them now, last week I talked up the Titans - oops!)

Bengals had their chances (that 'Hail Mary' was an absolute classic) Still reckon Cinci will win the AFC North though. 9 wins might do it. How about those Rams? Who would have picked that result? (apart from Gorgoroth)

The other big news is Peyton's ankle/knee (?) ... as most are aware by now, he copped a late hit to the lower leg (from a player leading with his helmet) He wasn't happy at the press conference and mentioned that he was in a decent amount of pain. Next week's game against KC has a lot riding on it and he'll need to come up otherwise Denver might fall 2 games back in that Division.

Even the Jags won - whooda thunk-it ^_^

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Ahhh November, the month that so often sees Jay Cutler go from hero to zero. Played injured when he shouldn't have which you respect but also frustrates. He still played ok and a huge part of this loss is on the fact we just couldn't run the ball this week.

Was the week for dominant front 7 defense though with Carolina and St Louis getting it done.

Oh and Strafford I don't want to make things worse but there's a big fat sleeper team out west with one hell of a defense, one hell of a rookie head coach and a good friend of yours no doubt at QB.

GB and CHI have hit the skids with injury. The NFC East dont deserve 1 play off spot yet alone a WC. And the Carolina bandwagon is powered by the defense but steered by Cam Newton and Riverboat Ron. A visit to Jacksonville (they wouldn't dare go 2 in a row would they?) will see the Cardinals move to 6-4, they couldn't possibly take an NFC wild card could they? Are you on the Carson Palmer express yet Strafford?

• Like 1

Ahhh November, the month that so often sees Jay Cutler go from hero to zero. Played injured when he shouldn't have which you respect but also frustrates. He still played ok and a huge part of this loss is on the fact we just couldn't run the ball this week.

Was the week for dominant front 7 defense though with Carolina and St Louis getting it done.

Oh and Strafford I don't want to make things worse but there's a big fat sleeper team out west with one hell of a defense, one hell of a rookie head coach and a good friend of yours no doubt at QB.

GB and CHI have hit the skids with injury. The NFC East dont deserve 1 play off spot yet alone a WC. And the Carolina bandwagon is powered by the defense but steered by Cam Newton and Riverboat Ron. A visit to Jacksonville (they wouldn't dare go 2 in a row would they?) will see the Cardinals move to 6-4, they couldn't possibly take an NFC wild card could they? Are you on the Carson Palmer express yet Strafford?

The NFC WC battle is heating up. Our loss to Carolina hurts us; that head-to-head result means the Panthers get in over us should we end the year on the same W-L record. But now we have to add Arizona to the list - SF, Carolina, Detroit/Chicago/GB, and now Arizona too. Technically, with Philadelphia and Dallas on 5 wins, they're somewhat around the mark too, but I can't see an NFC East team making the playoffs outside of winning that division.

• Like 1

I wish Minnesota could be relegated to the NFC east. If cutler is still hurt Detroit should take the NFC north. Carolina has thrown a massive spanner in the works and they still have two games against the saints to come. Matt Flynn is being looked at by the packers again. Does anyone know how long Vick is out for? It's pretty hard to bench Foles at the moment.

• Like 1

I wish Minnesota could be relegated to the NFC east. If cutler is still hurt Detroit should take the NFC north. Carolina has thrown a massive spanner in the works and they still have two games against the saints to come. Matt Flynn is being looked at by the packers again. Does anyone know how long Vick is out for? It's pretty hard to bench Foles at the moment.

I'd say Vick is done with the eagles unless Foles has a huge dip in form. That said I'm not convinced Foles is the man for them either but I'd keep him as the presumptive started and hit the draft again.

Vick should be out looking for work and might make sense backing up a read option QB in Washington, Seattle or even the 49ers.

As for the NFC East what you really need to do is call up Indy and ask to swap with them in to the AFC south. Imagine 6 games a year against Tenn, Houston and Jacksonville. That's the gift that keeps on giving. At least the poor old NFC East has decent QB's in Romo, Manning and RGIII to navigate.

• Like 1

Not really shocked by Miami losing. Bucs had to win sometime. If I'm sick of the he said she said crap between Martin and incognito Miami must be going bonkers.

Indy

Arizona

Detroit

Lions

Jets

Chargers

Tough week this week! then again they probably all are judging by our cumulative scores...

Strafford is coming home strong I hacked demonland and shut the site down in the hope to stop his tips.

• Like 2

Points tally in the tipping comp ...

4 - cowboy from hell

3 - Strafford

2 - Macca

1 - pantaloons, DemonDave

0 - Gorgoroth, 45HG, Norm Smith's Curse, bananas, Demon Land 7

TV games ...

Friday

12.30pm Indianapolis at Tennessee (ESPN only)

Monday

5.00am Detroit at Pittsburgh (Fox3)

8.25am San Francisco at New Orleans (Fox3)

8.25am Green Bay at NY Giants (OneHD)

12.30pm Kansas City at Denver (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm New England at Carolina (ESPN)

... all the other week 11 games and the BS Report

Plenty of good games there - pity OneHD are only doing the 2 games this week but I guess those who have cable are not missing out. Another big test for the Panthers and looking forward to the 49ers/Saints game and the Chiefs/Broncos clash. Tomorrow's match-up is an interesting one - it could go either way.

Tips ...

Arizona

Detroit

Indianapolis

Kap had one of his Kap days. Awful passing. 11/22 for 91 yards, and the INT late in the fourth sealed the game. Carolina deserves to be considered legit. If the Saints lose to the Cowboys, they'll be leading NFC South I think.

Ravens and Steelers close the gap in the AFC North. Bengals not playing well enough to close that division out. Pittsburgh is awful but they're only three back. Same deal with the Giants, who will only be two back in the NFC East if Dallas loses.

Denver did what it had to do, with the Chargers cooked in the AFC I think. Now having to deal with Baltimore for that wild card as well as the Jets and the Titans.

Just on your QB mate, and there is no doubting he is a huge athletic talent, but does he go through his reads, or read coverage well presnap?

I have only seen a few of his games this season, and all but one of those was early in season when he was having a real struggle, but he so often seems to make one read and if that isn't on, he runs or usually boots right and throws down the sideline.

I could be a victim of the availability heuristic here.

Just on your QB mate, and there is no doubting he is a huge athletic talent, but does he go through his reads, or read coverage well presnap?

I have only seen a few of his games this season, and all but one of those was early in season when he was having a real struggle, but he so often seems to make one read and if that isn't on, he runs or usually boots right and throws down the sideline.

It's give to Gore, hope WR1 is open on a bootleg, leg it or get sacked every play.

You're dead right, excellent athletically but his play recognition is terrible.

That said, he's missing Manningham and Crabtree, his best 2 recievers. That'd make Peyton look average.

Seattle

Detroit

Cincinatti

• Like 1

It's give to Gore, hope WR1 is open on a bootleg, leg it or get sacked every play.

That said, he's missing Manningham and Crabtree, his best 2 recievers. That'd make Peyton look average.

Seattle

Detroit

Cincinatti

Arrow's covered it, pretty much. This analysis on the NFL website also goes through the problems.

Essentially, if you take the read out, he has to revert back to more 'conventional' QB play and he isn't that good at being an in-the-pocket QB. The NFL article shows how defences are taking out the read, and it leaves him with very few options, the less so if either Davis gets shut down when he gets on a downfield route. Boldin's been inconsistent this year, and until this week we've lacked both Manningham and Crabtree (who is Kaepernick's best friend on that offence). NFL defences play us better than they did last year which is messing with his formula.

He's one of those players, when he's on he's unstoppable but when he's off he's toothless. Manningham and Crabtree will give him more options down the field which hopefully gets him more confident in his throwing, which I think is a key.

• Like 1

Seattle

Detroit

Cincinatti

Yep doesn't help when your main targets are missing. You may need to check your tips mate, the Bengals are the home team. Edited by Strafford

Arrow's covered it, pretty much. This analysis on the NFL website also goes through the problems.

Essentially, if you take the read out, he has to revert back to more 'conventional' QB play and he isn't that good at being an in-the-pocket QB. The NFL article shows how defences are taking out the read, and it leaves him with very few options, the less so if either Davis gets shut down when he gets on a downfield route. Boldin's been inconsistent this year, and until this week we've lacked both Manningham and Crabtree (who is Kaepernick's best friend on that offence). NFL defences play us better than they did last year which is messing with his formula.

He's one of those players, when he's on he's unstoppable but when he's off he's toothless. Manningham and Crabtree will give him more options down the field which hopefully gets him more confident in his throwing, which I think is a key.

Thanks for the link mate, I sometimes forget that the NFL site has some good analysts, such as Brooks and Jeremiah. I just get turned off by the around the league guys who I think are idiots, so I don't go to the site much. My bad as I am missing out obviously :)

Kap is young so hopefully he will learn.

Lions

Jets

Chargers

Tough week this week! then again they probably all are judging by our cumulative scores...

You are spot on mate, this a really tough week in what has been a tough comp.

Colts

Lions

Chargers

Fingers and toes crossed for this week...:)