Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

Could have been a lot worse mate, as it didn't look good for them during the game. I think we have half a dozen on the defensive side gone for the season now. Our offence should hang their collective heads in shame and just look at what the defence has done despite all the injuries.

Yes, you're right. I'm just babbling here to respond because with the 'like' function I would have just liked your post to agree!!

Another vikings player arrested. That's three in a month. Two players enjoyed driving with some "substances" on them and another was released by the vikings for being arrested for assault by strangulation. Somehow this is Christian Ponder's fault.

I would have liked to have "liked" a number of previous posts but I guess those "likes" are there in spirit!

... the TV games ...

Friday

4.30am Green Bay at Detroit (OneHD & Fox1)

8.30am Oakland at Dallas (OneHD & ESPN)

12.30pm Pittsburgh at Baltimore (Fox2 only)

Monday

5.00am Miami at NY Jets (OneHD)

5.00am Tennessee at Indianapolis (Fox2)

8.25am Denver at Kansas City (OneHD)

8.25am Cincinnati at San Diego (Fox2)

12.30pm NY Giants at Washington (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm New Orleans at Seattle (ESPN)

That's not too bad hey - 9 games on the box!

... all the week 13 games

Tips ... another tough week but 2 points are on offer - I'm tippin' someone will get all 3 right!

New England

Arizona

Denver

Yeah, i'm not caring about draft picks, I want wins!!!!

But both would be good. :P

That is the beauty of having someone else's draft picks, it isn't either or. You actually can have your cake and eat it too :)

Yes, you're right. I'm just babbling here to respond because with the 'like' function I would have just liked your post to agree!!

Ha... Yep the like button has encouraged a certain slackness, rather than actually replying to posts. I know I have been guilty of using the like button in that way.

Another vikings player arrested. That's three in a month. Two players enjoyed driving with some "substances" on them and another was released by the vikings for being arrested for assault by strangulation. Somehow this is Christian Ponder's fault.

Poor Christian. Andy is starting to become like that for us, with AJ Green being the golden child and over half of Dalton's interceptions coming when throwing to AJ...who are we going to blame?

Can't believe the rams niners game isn't being shown!

Yeah, I agree. I'd prefer to see that game over a couple of others although the other 2 "late" games have a lot of interest. Can't wait for the time where you can push a red button and get any game. "Red zone" would be great too. It'll happen eventually.

The Rams would have to give themselves a chance although I've been waiting for the niners to hit their best form. Could be a close one, all the same.

Tomorrow's games could decide a few things - loser out of the Steelers/Ravens game could be in a bit of trouble. The Packers/Lions game has similar connotations and Dallas wouldn't want to lose to Oakland at home.

Edited by Macca

Well, it had to happen. Blown away completely in a game without Rodgers. At least it wasn't a surprise.

Just goes to show what can happen when you're reliant on such a top line player. I can't see an easy answer though - he's irreplaceable and any 2nd stringer is always going to pale in comparison. Rodgers is worth every cent and more.

Detroit had one of their better days as well.

Well, it had to happen. Blown away completely in a game without Rodgers. At least it wasn't a surprise.

Just goes to show what can happen when you're reliant on such a top line player. I can't see an easy answer though - he's irreplaceable and any 2nd stringer is always going to pale in comparison. Rodgers is worth every cent and more.

Detroit had one of their better days as well.

Tough day macca. The score line could've been worse too. Flynn isn't to flash when he is getting sacked and pressured every play. That offensive line got smashed today. You have added one piece of the puzzle with lacy. I suppose it is just a case of more drafting around Rodgers. With a competent pass protection and defense a Super Bowl is a fair chance with a fit Rodgers and receivers.

Poor Christian. Andy is starting to become like that for us, with AJ Green being the golden child and over half of Dalton's interceptions coming when throwing to AJ...who are we going to blame?

We all have our scapegoats. It would be hard not to throw to green every play. Today Detroit just looked for one on one coverage against megatron and they just throw it up. It's fun to watch if its not your team as its a bit like a marking contest but in your case I'm sure it makes the blood boil.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

Wowee, just saw the score from the Lions-GB game! Rodgers was seen pre-game throwing 50+m passes in practice, better hope for Mike McCarthys sake he's taken off the PUP list (was he even placed on it?)

Tips this week (didnt realise last week that one game I picked had already finished, doh!):

New England

Arizona

New Orleans

We all have our scapegoats. It would be hard not to throw to green every play. Today Detroit just looked for one on one coverage against megatron and they just throw it up. It's fun to watch if its not your team as its a bit like a marking contest but in your case I'm sure it makes the blood boil.

Funnily enough in all four of our losses this season we have targeted AJ between 13 or 19 times. Generally if we throw it his way under ten times and share the love between our receivers we win. The teams completion percentage to the other receivers as a whole, is actually much higher than it is to AJ. Distorting this a bit is that AJ is generally the target of Andy's longer throws, which he struggles with, but being so AJ centric certainly hurts us. AJ is a bit different to most of the tall receivers, as he relies on speed and agility a bit more than others and lacks a bit of strength, Megatron probably has 15 kg's on him. Thus db's can knock him off his routes a little easier.

This season there is a fair bit of similarity to the interceptions thrown his way. Generally they have been about ten yard throws down the sideline. Laying blame is the tricky bit, because is it because AJ zigged when he should have zagged? There seems to be a bit of miscommunication going on, because these are generally timing routes where the QB is throwing to a spot expecting the receiver to be there. As half the Bengals fanbase has already decided that Andy sucks and most of the others, like me, are on the fence we tend to blame Andy as a default position.

As a fan I just want someone to blame...none of this ambiguity :)

Edited by Strafford

The Ravens might be making a move ... their next 4 are vs Minnesota, @ Detroit, vs New England and then @ Cincinnati. Scary moment when Pittsburgh's Le'Veon Bell lost his helmet near the end of today's game. Thankfully he was all right (as was his opponent, Jimmy Smith) Hell, it's a brutal sport!

The Steelers could win their last 4 but that's probably what they'd have to do to have a chance of making it. Their remaining games are vs Miami, vs Cincinnati, @ Green Bay and then vs Cleveland. It's possible but losing today was a body blow.

The Raiders put up a good show but the Cowboys were too good and might be heading for the playoffs - they play the Eagles at home in week 17 (that game could decide things)

Tough day macca. The score line could've been worse too. Flynn isn't to flash when he is getting sacked and pressured every play. That offensive line got smashed today. You have added one piece of the puzzle with lacy. I suppose it is just a case of more drafting around Rodgers. With a competent pass protection and defense a Super Bowl is a fair chance with a fit Rodgers and receivers.

Yep, drafting is the key, 'cfh'. But like all drafts, they're not definitive and there's still a lot of luck involved. We're not badly placed at WR and our running game with Lacy involved is a lot better.

We've drafted about 10 defensive players in the last 2 years - maybe a bit of time is needed or we could have drafted badly (as a consequence, not necessarily as anything that involved negligence or having poor recruiters or scouts) In the end, It still gets back to the QB. "Them's the breaks" (no pun intended!)

But in all honesty, my thoughts have turned more towards the make up of the rest of the League. Seattle have this huge home field advantage in the NFC but a few doubts remain. In the AFC, Denver have an issue with regards to Manning in freezing and adverse conditions.

I reckon the Super Bowl winner is up for grabs and any number of teams can win it. I still think the 49ers are a big show if they can get it all together. New England are the other team that can be very good on their day.

Edited by Macca

Yep, drafting is the key, 'cfh'. But like all drafts, they're not definitive and there's still a lot of luck involved. We're not badly placed at WR and our running game with Lacy involved is a lot better.

We've drafted about 10 defensive players in the last 2 years - maybe a bit of time is needed or we could have drafted badly (as a consequence, not necessarily as anything that involved negligence or having poor recruiters or scouts) In the end, It still gets back to the QB. "Them's the breaks" (no pun intended!)

But in all honesty, my thoughts have turned more towards the make up of the rest of the League. Seattle have this huge home field advantage in the NFC but a few doubts remain. In the AFC, Denver have an issue with regards to Manning in freezing and adverse conditions.

I reckon the Super Bowl winner is up for grabs and any number of teams can win it. I still think the 49ers are a big show if they can get it all together. New England are the other team that can be very good on their day.

I think the saints in the dome are a massive chance. Get them outside and things change a bit. Home field advantage is a must for the Saints. Denver were pretty average at New England and Peyton's ankle in horrible conditions could play a part. You were the first to jump on Carolina could they go deep into the playoffs?

I think the saints in the dome are a massive chance. Get them outside and things change a bit. Home field advantage is a must for the Saints. Denver were pretty average at New England and Peyton's ankle in horrible conditions could play a part. You were the first to jump on Carolina could they go deep into the playoffs?

Just a lucky guess, 'cfh' ... I figure if you make a hundred predictions, you're gonna get a few right! Not sure I predicted Houston or Atlanta's demise ... anyway, if you think back to last year, both our teams were right in the running after Chicago came back to the field (Cutler broke his thumb IIRC) How things can change hey and barring a miracle, we'll both be onlookers during the play-offs.

Agree with you re the Saints. They've got a chance on Tuesday (our time) but if Seattle win, they'll get the 1 seed you'd reckon. It would then come down to the Panthers or the Saints for the NFC South (they've still got to play each other twice) Do the Saints need the dome?

There's some ripper games on the box tomorrow and Tuesday with the Den/KC and Saints/Seahawks games being the big ones. Oh, and by the way, after our current comp is done, we could do something similar during the play-offs. Just straight winners for all the games with the Super Bowl being worth 3 points ... just a thought ^_^

Edited by Macca

Just a lucky guess, 'cfh' ... I figure if you make a hundred predictions, you're gonna get a few right! Not sure I predicted Houston or Atlanta's demise ... anyway, if you think back to last year, both our teams were right in the running after Chicago came back to the field (Cutler broke his thumb IIRC) How things can change hey and barring a miracle, we'll both be onlookers during the play-offs.

Agree with you re the Saints. They've got a chance on Tuesday (our time) but if Seattle win, they'll get the 1 seed you'd reckon. It would then come down to the Panthers or the Saints for the NFC South (they've still got to play each other twice) Do the Saints need the dome?

There's some ripper games on the box tomorrow and Tuesday with the Den/KC and Saints/Seahawks games being the big ones. Oh, and by the way, after our current comp is done, we could do something similar during the play-offs. Just straight winners for all the games with the Super Bowl being worth 3 points ... just a thought ^_^

I'm more then happy to do a playoff tipping comp. Brees in a dome is a scary thought. I think they lost to the Jets in some ordinary conditions not that long ago and on that one bit of unreliable stats i'll say he is better in a dome. One prediction I have is AP running for 200+ yards tomorrow. Chicago has the worst defence against the run in the league. I still tipped Chicago on the back of Marshall and the vikings QB problems. It will be interesting at the end of the year to see Chicago's record. Under Lovie Smith that defence could score more points then any offence. Now they seem to have a solid offence when Cutler is fit but their 'D' has gone backwards. It seems everyone in the NFC North is missing a couple of pieces to make themselves a NFC contender.

I'm more then happy to do a playoff tipping comp. Brees in a dome is a scary thought. I think they lost to the Jets in some ordinary conditions not that long ago and on that one bit of unreliable stats i'll say he is better in a dome. One prediction I have is AP running for 200+ yards tomorrow. Chicago has the worst defence against the run in the league. I still tipped Chicago on the back of Marshall and the vikings QB problems. It will be interesting at the end of the year to see Chicago's record. Under Lovie Smith that defence could score more points then any offence. Now they seem to have a solid offence when Cutler is fit but their 'D' has gone backwards. It seems everyone in the NFC North is missing a couple of pieces to make themselves a NFC contender.

Like the regular season comp, if there's enough interest, we could go ahead with it. I'll wait until we're done with the current one before "launching" the play-off one. Anyone with any ideas though, put 'em forward. Anyway, you've led from the front all season, 'cfh', but it's not all over just yet! (now I've done it, you're now odds on to pick up 2 points tomorrow!)

It's been a strange year in terms of injuries and teams under performing. Against all that, we've seen a few teams come right into contention from seemingly nowhere - if Arizona get up tomorrow, they'll be right in the thick of things. The month of December is nearly always a great one though - in terms of key match-ups.

... here are the TV games again, along with Bill Simmons' column ... All the Fixins

Monday

5.00am Miami at NY Jets (OneHD)

5.00am Tennessee at Indianapolis (Fox2)

8.25am Denver at Kansas City (OneHD)

8.25am Cincinnati at San Diego (Fox2)

12.30pm NY Giants at Washington (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm New Orleans at Seattle (ESPN)

... all the week 13 games

If you look in the dictionary a word has described my morning.

Conflicted: When your NFL team is playing a divisional rival in overtime but in a tipping comp where double points are on offer you tip against your team.

Conflicted: When your NFL team is playing a divisional rival in overtime but in a tipping comp where double points are on offer you tip against your team.

Hee hee... I couldn't resist and was constantly checking scores, work may have suffered :) I have also ruined any suspense when I sit down to watch the Bengals game later. I must say I wasn't conflicted with the Patriots, Texans game...for me Texans all the way, unfortunately didn't happen. Big win for the Bengals, but looking at the stats Andy struggled again and it sounds like he had another really bad interception. Another season ending injury for us, this time offensive line...sigh, but happy about the win.

My conflict was not picking Jacksonville instead of Arizona - I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll never learn -_-

Chicago go for the field goal to win the game on 2nd down? You could understand 3rd down but that decision could come back to haunt them. They are now effectively 2 games behind Detroit - although the Lions can't be trusted - can they?

AP had a big game for your blokes.

Hee hee... I couldn't resist and was constantly checking scores, work may have suffered :) I have also ruined any suspense when I sit down to watch the Bengals game later. I must say I wasn't conflicted with the Patriots, Texans game...for me Texans all the way, unfortunately didn't happen. Big win for the Bengals, but looking at the stats Andy struggled again and it sounds like he had another really bad interception. Another season ending injury for us, this time offensive line...sigh, but happy about the win.

Big win for the Bengals and you've kept that 2 game buffer. That match up with KC in the playoffs looks like it might happen after today. If you get to 10 wins I reckon you win the division. That week 17 game against the Ravens may or may not mean anything in terms of winning the Division. But I'm just speculating! :)

Edited by Macca

Do you think your boys can go places in the playoffs? Dalton's TD was lucky. No one bothered to cover AJ at all.