NFL

Dappa Dan

Well another year another loss to the [censored] niners.

Couldn’t score in the red zone, Higbee was good, Kupp was amazing as always, onto our third centre which he did well, Niners D was good, our secondary was so much sloppy by-product that the niners skied on last to massive gains. 
Shanahan drew up teasing screens where our players kept trying to get the interception instead of tackling for loss.
Deebo must just love playing us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Couldn’t score in the red zone, Higbee was good, Kupp was amazing as always, onto our third centre which he did well, Niners D was good, our secondary was so much sloppy by-product that the niners skied on last to massive gains. 
Shanahan drew up teasing screens where our players kept trying to get the interception instead of tackling for loss.

Sorry Gorg but I enjoyed that game 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Go the Biff said:

Sorry Gorg but I enjoyed that game 

It’s ok, I still have last years NFC game taped… oh and the super bowl 😄

But seriously, McVay needs to play a different style vs niners, shannahan out coaches him all the time and FFS isolate Robinson so he gets one on ones.

I still am not a fan of Morris, he plays way too soft, the amount of easy 8-12yrd throws Jimmy G made was ridiculous. Jimmy played well, but you need to force him into the harder throws, give him the easy ones and you having a long day on D. Like Brady, he don’t miss often on those sorts of routes.

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2022 at 6:53 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Finally got around to watching it tonight, don't ask how I blacked it out that long.

Our D was fantastic, restricted the run from Akers. Screens were good calls but as has happened so far this year our offense tails off in the second half leaving the defence to go and get the win. The throw out to Juszczyk in the flat is an example of something he doesn't call enough.

Seems Weddle made a big difference for the Rams last year.

• Like 2

@Gorgoroth@layzie@Dee Zephyr@Go the Biff@Clintosaurus  @JV7@DeeSpencer@Dappa Dan@titan_uranus@DemonDave

Well, have a look at who is leading the tipping comp!  Along with a precious bonus point to boot! (reminder that if we only have 1 successful tipster in any given week a bonus point is awarded)

Unfamiliar territory for me being the frontrunner (normally JV7's domain)

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

2* - Macca

0 - The chasers

* denotes 1 bonus point

2 points on offer this week but it's a tough week

image.png.fc6a081963495ed3656c17c010edc795.png

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

@Gorgoroth@layzie@Dee Zephyr@Go the Biff@Clintosaurus  @JV7@DeeSpencer@Dappa Dan@titan_uranus@DemonDave

Well, have a look at who is leading the tipping comp!  Along with a precious bonus point to boot! (reminder that if we only have 1 successful tipster in any given week a bonus point is awarded)

Unfamiliar territory for me being the frontrunner (normally JV7's domain)

Speaking of frontrunners, a quick story from the distant past ...

1977, the MCG and we're playing notable frontrunners (Essendon) ... they led at half time and 3/4 time but we kept at them until we hit the front sometime in the last quarter.  Full of grog with the Dutch courage kicking in, I started on the hated enemy with the frontrunner jibe (as loud as I could possibly shout!)

We ended up winning so it was back to the Bridge (Richmond) for some more sherbets and a counter dinner!.  We didn't win a lot back then but that was a memorable victory!

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

2* - Macca

0 - The chasers

* denotes 1 bonus point

2 points on offer this week but it's a tough week

image.png.fc6a081963495ed3656c17c010edc795.png

I'm currently on the podium at least 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm currently on the podium at least 

Yes, equal 2nd is not to be sneezed at layz!

I've got a few (virtual) silvers (across the 2 comps) but Gorg has a stack of Bronze medals ... as well as 4 wins IIRC

If you hang around long enough, the podium finishes will eventuate

Hard to believe that this is our 10th go at it!  Time flies!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

Yes, equal 2nd is not to be sneezed at layz!

I've got a few (virtual) silvers (across the 2 comps) but Gorg has a stack of Bronze medals ... as well as 4 wins IIRC

If you hang around long enough, the podium finishes will eventuate

Hard to believe that this is our 10th go at it!  Time flies!

You know as well as anyone how badly I want my name engraved on that wall!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, layzie said:

You know as well as anyone how badly I want my name engraved on that wall!

The tipping comp is like taking out a 3 leg multi with one pick not saluting ... over and over and over again

There's some science to it but you need a punters luck to win

Week 5 is a classic example ... there's sure to be 2 or 3 upset road winners but which one's? 

The bonus point on offer does allow tipsters to take a chance or 2

• Like 1

So our G who was playing C is now out 4-6weeks, we have a rookie 3rd choice C starting this week, another injury to the secondary. 
What ever happens this week, Morris needs to play our secondary different and McVay needs to work out ways to get the ball out quickly cos the cowboys D will be licking their lips. 

8 hours ago, Macca said:

The tipping comp is like taking out a 3 leg multi with one pick not saluting ... over and over and over again

There's some science to it but you need a punters luck to win

Week 5 is a classic example ... there's sure to be 2 or 3 upset road winners but which one's? 

The bonus point on offer does allow tipsters to take a chance or 2

Actually could we get a repost of the all time tipping leaderboard if it's handy?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 6:31 AM, Gorgoroth said:

It’s ok, I still have last years NFC game taped… oh and the super bowl 😄

But seriously, McVay needs to play a different style vs niners, shannahan out coaches him all the time and FFS isolate Robinson so he gets one on ones.

I still am not a fan of Morris, he plays way too soft, the amount of easy 8-12yrd throws Jimmy G made was ridiculous. Jimmy played well, but you need to force him into the harder throws, give him the easy ones and you having a long day on D. Like Brady, he don’t miss often on those sorts of routes.

Yeah I certainly don't find myself saying we own the Rams anymore after they got us in the one that mattered!

Jimmy's rhythm was really on in this game. I was surprised how many throws he put right on the numbers and even had some perfect throws dropped. I'm cynical but I just don't expect this from him each week. However his comnfidence was up and as you said it's probably not going to help giving up all the underneath stuff.

Being a bit silly here but I think you need to give Eric Weddle a call because those safties are a bit shakey, thoughht he had a massive impact last year.

3 hours ago, layzie said:

Actually could we get a repost of the all time tipping leaderboard if it's handy?

I'll post it up tonight or tomorrow, layz

I'd normally do it at the start of the season so you've reminded me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Yeah I certainly don't find myself saying we own the Rams anymore after they got us in the one that mattered!

Jimmy's rhythm was really on in this game. I was surprised how many throws he put right on the numbers and even had some perfect throws dropped. I'm cynical but I just don't expect this from him each week. However his comnfidence was up and as you said it's probably not going to help giving up all the underneath stuff.

Being a bit silly here but I think you need to give Eric Weddle a call because those safties are a bit shakey, thoughht he had a massive impact last year.

Weddle isn’t the answer, not sure how fit he would be after tearing his pec in the SB.

we are down three of our secondary so it’s pretty much Ramsey and rookies. We miss a great edge rusher Floyd has been poor, Fuller keeps popping hamstrings. And the offence is keeping our D out there, both our O and opponents O.

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Weddle isn’t the answer, not sure how fit he would be after tearing his pec in the SB.

we are down three of our secondary so it’s pretty much Ramsey and rookies. We miss a great edge rusher Floyd has been poor, Fuller keeps popping hamstrings. And the offence is keeping our D out there, both our O and opponents O.

Yeah obviously not the answer but gee he was handy. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

So our G who was playing C is now out 4-6weeks, we have a rookie 3rd choice C starting this week, another injury to the secondary. 
What ever happens this week, Morris needs to play our secondary different and McVay needs to work out ways to get the ball out quickly cos the cowboys D will be licking their lips. 

Is it true you've had 4 guys through RG already this season?

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

About to have our ninth starter on the oline with the back up Centre (who is our right G) now injured.

A steady line really is the secret sauce in this league. Well that and having an actual QB.

Having to shuffle doesn't help though. 

• Like 1

image.png.0dae5f0bf58ade6196c378315ff217a9.png

Regular Season Tipping Competition

Year               Winner                           Silver                               Bronze

2021              Go the Biff                    Clintosaurus                   DemonDave

JV7                                   layzie

Gorgoroth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020              titan_uranus                 Gorgoroth                       Go the Biff

Clintosaurus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019             JV7                                 Go the Biff                      Gorgoroth

Macca                              Dee Zephyr

Clintosaurus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018              DeeSpencer                 Clintosaurus                   Gorgoroth

Dappa Dan                       Dee Zephyr

Macca                        

2017              Clintosaurus                 Go the Biff                      Dappa Dan

2016              Gorgoroth                     cowboy_from_hell          Clintosaurus

DeeSpencer

2015              Gorgoroth                      cowboy_from_hell         Macca

JV7

DeeSpencer

2014              Dappa Dan                     DeeSpencer                  Gorgoroth

2013              cowboy_from_hell       pantaloons                    Gorgoroth

Strafford                         Macca

Post Season Tipping Competition

Year              Winner                           Silver                              Bronze

2021            DemonDave                Gorgoroth                        Clintosaurus

Macca   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020            Go the Biff                   Dee Zephyr                      Macca

2019             DemonDave                Go the Biff                       Macca

Dee Zephyr                  Gorgoroth

JV7                  

2018            Gorgoroth                      Go the Biff                      DeeSpencer

2017             Macca                           Clintosaurus                    Go the Biff

JV7

Gorgoroth

2016             Gorgoroth                      JV7                                  Clintosaurus

Macca  

2015             JV7                                 cowboy_from_hell         Gorgoroth

Macca                                                                      DeeSpencer

2014              JV7                                pantaloons                     Gorgoroth

Go the Biff                                                              Macca

2013             titan_uranus                  DemonDave                   cowboy_from_hell

Macca

Overall Medal Tally

Gold        Silver     Bronze

Gorgoroth                     4              3             7  

JV7                               4              3             1

Macca                           4              2             6

----------------------------------------------------

Go the Biff                    3              4             2

Clintosaurus                 2              3             4

DemonDave                  2             1              1

titan_uranus                  2              0             0

cowboy_from_hell       1              3             1

DeeSpencer                  1              2             3

Dee Zephyr                               1              2 

Dappa Dan                    1              1              1

Strafford                        1              0              0

pantaloons                    0              2              0

layzie                              0              0              1

If you're reading the above on a phone, it all aligns best in the landscape mode ... should align properly on a pc

Edited by Macca
  • Thanks 1