AFL 2011 Fixture Talk

Bring-Back-Powell

That is the feel good read of 2010 for me! Can't get any better than that!! Hahahah at the Dons and North!! Good luck Hirdy!!

Love the quote by Mark Stevens' of, "The Bombers play five 2010 finalists in a row - Western Bulldogs, Sydney, St Kilda, Carlton and Collingwood - to start the year. Cop that, Hirdy."

:)

This is a very good draw for the MFC

forget when / where we play!

We only play the top sides once and get to play sides at our level or lower twice.

IMO if we do not do well in 2011 then our list is not as good as we all think.

With this draw we should make 8th place.

IMO anything less will be a poor result.

Love the quote by Mark Stevens' of, "The Bombers play five 2010 finalists in a row - Western Bulldogs, Sydney, St Kilda, Carlton and Collingwood - to start the year. Cop that, Hirdy."

:)

Could not happen to a nicer mob!

one game in brisbane not to bad, im guessing we can use that as the free game since we dont play lions up hereand instead the Gold Coast

Dratts I have a brother in Brisbane who is a lions member.

Normal gets me in and I will now miss the chance to brag while we are killing them.

Oh well nothing in the world is perfect.

I'm looking at it from a marketing perspective. Quite a terrible fixture for making money. Great for onfield success, but we'll be hit hard in the first 10 rounds.

From a marketing perspective it is a dream come true at this stage of our development. In the fact that we start winning games and making finals (and should with this draw) the bigger games and crowds and free to air TV rights will follow over the years to come. The AFL have given this club exactly what it needs for this year. Jimmy and co have given us a clean slate, now the AFL have given us every possible chance for onfield success. The fixture for money making will be required when we are genuine contenders, at his stage we have this year to start showing we could be.

Couldn't agree more it would help us big time financially to draw the big teams at the G as home games, but will be useless for membership and future finances of the club if we win less than 10 games this year. And the teams we have been given I'm hoping for 11 - 14 games.

Nice article in the Herald Sun today showcasing the Dees' "dream run" in 2011. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demons-dream-afl-draw/story-e6frf9jf-1225945403254

In the paper, there's a table showing us as having the best draw of all Vic teams.

- We travel 3.25 times and next best is Carlton and Collingwood with 4.

- There's another table showing all the teams' coverage on TV. We are equal with Essendon and Richmond with 14 free-to-air games!!! Essendon have 8 Fox games and we have 7 (who knows with Round 24 though)!! Times are a changing... :)

Equal with Essendon and Richmond with most Free to Air games (14) Not a great thing is it really? I'd much rather watch it live on Fox if I cant make it than delayed on a Sunday where they cut straight to the news and don't even show the winners sing the club song. There must be a reason the better sides don't have as many free to air games?? Is that because free to air get the left overs now with foxtel picking the better games they want first?

This is a very good draw for the MFC

forget when / where we play!

We only play the top sides once and get to play sides at our level or lower twice.

IMO if we do not do well in 2011 then our list is not as good as we all think.

With this draw we should make 8th place.

IMO anything less will be a poor result.

Couldn't agree more and with it being made public of just how good our draw is if we don't make finals it will almost be embarrassing, maybe sounds a little bit harsh but should've won 11 last year and surely with this dream draw you'd expect nothing less than a finals berth.

Equal with Essendon and Richmond with most Free to Air games (14) Not a great thing is it really? I'd much rather watch it live on Fox if I cant make it than delayed on a Sunday where they cut straight to the news and don't even show the winners sing the club song. There must be a reason the better sides don't have as many free to air games?? Is that because free to air get the left overs now with foxtel picking the better games they want first?

But...

Limited amount of people have Foxtel.

Everyone has free-to-air.

But...

Limited amount of people have Foxtel.

Everyone has free-to-air.

Not I.

Just bought a new tv and can't connect to free to air. Same problem we had with our current tv - which is why we ended up getting foxtel.

Me too.

Was thrilled when I saw how many FTA games we have next year.

I hate FTA footy actually, because there is so little analysis, they generally cut straight to the news and in most cases games are delayed significantly.

If given the choice, I would selfishly want all of our interstate games to be live on Foxtel, but from a club perspective FTA exposure is so much more important.

I just hope that our away games this year are televised live. I think the night games (round 6 and round 17) will be, but I worry about the game against Gold Coast on Sunday and the floating round 24 game which may well end up on pay TV.

I hate FTA footy actually, because there is so little analysis, they generally cut straight to the news and in most cases games are delayed significantly.

If given the choice, I would selfishly want all of our interstate games to be live on Foxtel, but from a club perspective FTA exposure is so much more important.

I just hope that our away games this year are televised live. I think the night games (round 6 and round 17) will be, but I worry about the game against Gold Coast on Sunday and the floating round 24 game which may well end up on pay TV.

I like 7 more, only for the better commentators. But it pisses me off that they cut straight to the news of a Sunday night. I hate that.

At least Ten do some analyzing after a game, albeit only about 5 minutes worth.

They are. The only non-Melbourne match that isn't on FTA is the match we have in Geelong. Other than that, every match is either at the MCG or Etihad, or is on FTA. That's not including Round 24 though.

I like 7 more, only for the better commentators. But it pisses me off that they cut straight to the news of a Sunday night. I hate that.

At least Ten do some analyzing after a game, albeit only about 5 minutes worth.

Don't know how you could like Channel 7 for anything. Commetti aside their commentators are terrible. McAvaney gets lost in minutiea and doesn't call the game particularly well anyway, Harley adds nothing, Matthews has some views I just don't get, Schwarz is illiterate, their camera work is appalling, the ads take forever and they don't analyse the Sunday games at all.

They are. The only non-Melbourne match that isn't on FTA is the match we have in Geelong. Other than that, every match is either at the MCG or Etihad, or is on FTA. That's not including Round 24 though.

Don't know how you could like Channel 7 for anything. Commetti aside their commentators are terrible. McAvaney gets lost in minutiea and doesn't call the game particularly well anyway, Harley adds nothing, Matthews has some views I just don't get, Schwarz is illiterate, their camera work is appalling, the ads take forever and they don't analyse the Sunday games at all.

Harsh on the Ox!

Camera work on channel 7 is disgustingly bad.

Ads take forever on both netowrks.

Agree totally with Sunday coverage. 7 is doing a junk job.

Harsh on the Ox!

Camera work on channel 7 is disgustingly bad.

Ads take forever on both netowrks.

Agree totally with Sunday coverage. 7 is doing a junk job.

Remember they once played an advertisment after a Robbo (I think) point? That was the highlight for me;

I'm surprised we don't have rolling advertisments at random times at the bottom of the screen. Or that set shots arn't "brought to us by Heinz" or something... Wonder what crap were going to have to endure next year. It will get worse.

• 11 months later...