THE KASPERSKY CUP SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN

rusty_kingswood

That would be great.

Maybe we can get copies made for a donation that we can put back into the club or give to Reach?

Would love love love to see that last quarter. Hearing BT screaming orgasmically about Jurrah, but then seeing nothing but a random pixelated forest was so frustrating!

I'm sure there's a connection between the pixellated forest and the TV series "Lost". I reckon Liam Jurrah might be one of the "others".

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there's a connection between the pixellated forest and the TV series "Lost". I reckon Liam Jurrah might be one of the "others".

Nah. He's more like the black smoke monster. No-one knows what he's gonna do next, and they're all real scared.

The image of the forest had a bit of "The Ring" feeling to it...! :/

I still don't get how China can make all the junk that fills up our lives, but couldn't give me a clear picture of Liam Jurrah playing footy.

Should have asked the agent I work with in Shanghai to record the game for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7HqRs3Zhc

It's like Karl says; "I thought this was the place where they built the ipod.... they don't need an ipod have a friggin toilet role first..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7HqRs3Zhc

It's like Karl says; "I thought this was the place where they built the ipod.... they don't need an ipod have a friggin toilet role first..."

thanks for the laugh---I'd never get down to do NO.2'S

Don't wish to pry if this is too sensitive but has anyone heard whether Tom Scully's personal issues that caused him to go back home in the middle of the trip have been resolved?

Co-worker told me he was involved in a bar brawl whilst at China. I asked for a source and all he could say was, "I have my sources...".

I reckon he was taking the p!ss as this is the young Dee who doesn't even allow himself to drink ALCOHOL!

Wouldn't have expected anything else coming from an Essenscum supporter...

More seriously... yes I hope he has sorted out his issues that prevented him from prolonging his stay in China - he missed out on a fantastic opportunity (especially for a kid his age!).

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Co-worker told me he was involved in a bar brawl whilst at China. I asked for a source and all he could say was, "I have my sources...".

I reckon he was taking the p!ss as this is the young Dee who doesn't even allow himself to drink ALCOHOL!

Yep. I believe that he knows that but the media who are starved of football stories missed a chance to run the headline "No 1 pick in China fight!".

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Yep, the NBA is big in China but basketball is a [censored]'s game compared to Aussie Rules. I'm sure you will all agree. All the antics in basketball are not much different to pro wrestling. Basketball is only popular because it can be played in small arenas like school gyms and public parks just like ping pong and badminton which are incredibly huge sports in China. Another big problem for getting our game to China(or the rest of the world) is the lack of suitably large playing fields. Land is at a premium in China and an AFL sized ground will be the rarest luxury. Soccer fields are about the largest you will find. You guys are all dreaming that China will eventually embrace AFL. Billions have been spent developing soccer over there for the past 40 years and is played by millions but they still have second rate teams both international and domestic and haven't even developed any players of note. What chance does our game have?

If the AFL were fair dinkum about developing the game in China they should start at the grass roots and seriously consider investing to build multi purpose Aussie Rules sized playing fields in major cities over there. Not cheap but they could form partnerships with communities and the like and given the strength of the dollar they could easily build a half a dozen for the price of one over here. This would be a far more positive initiative than having these silly exhibition games which will generate little interest and be quickly forgotten. I doubt that there would be more than a few thousand Chinese actually tuning in.

PS, I've travelled on numerous crowded trains, buses and metro's over there and pushing and shoving is no big deal. You have to do it or else you will never get on or off. Everyone does it with good grace. If you tried it over here you will get a punch in the nose.

You're so clever. I hope the AFL embraces your ideas as clearly you know what you're talking about.

Apologies for the rubbish ICS feed on smgbb.cn - no idea what was going on with the bushland backdrop.

The broadcast looked great on TV over here, aside from the fact that we couldn't get audio from the staduim until half way through the first, meaning we had to commentate from the studio.

Jurrah had a field day, 5 goals, half a dozen more chances and he made it all look easy.

Really impressed with Col today, broke the lines and kicked long. Always dangerous.

They were the standout players.

Newton was tried in defense, got a bit of it. Most of the other players drifted in and out of the game.

At WJ's request I'm going to try to get a DVD of the game from the studio that we can distribute to you all.

I was there also and agree Jurrah was out of control. I hate to put too much pressure on someone but he's got serious stakes on being the most skillful player ever to play the game. He is scary good.

Sylvia was very good his ability to power through clearances was impressive. Also spencil and trengove teamed up a number of times at stoppages. I was surprised when I met trengove he's quite tall?? 6 2ish?

I was there also and agree Jurrah was out of control. I hate to put too much pressure on someone but he's got serious stakes on being the most skillful player ever to play the game. He is scary good.

Sylvia was very good his ability to power through clearances was impressive. Also spencil and trengove teamed up a number of times at stoppages. I was surprised when I met trengove he's quite tall?? 6 2ish?

really? the first time i saw him was at casey for a intra-club praccy match, i think his first appearance for the club.. i walked directly past him as he lined up on the wing at the start of the second half (supporters had been on the field) now I am certainly no Jake Spencer let me tell you now, and I remember being surprised at how little there was of him. Still, I am sure he has grown vertically and horizontally since then

really? the first time i saw him was at casey for a intra-club praccy match, i think his first appearance for the club.. i walked directly past him as he lined up on the wing at the start of the second half (supporters had been on the field) now I am certainly no Jake Spencer let me tell you now, and I remember being surprised at how little there was of him. Still, I am sure he has grown vertically and horizontally since then

I thought the exact same thing a year ago - I guess thats why I was surprised when I saw him in Shanghai. He has definitely grown both ways since then - Id suggest he'd be around the 186 - 88cm / 84 - 86kgs mark these days. Pretty decent size for a clearance mid.