THE KASPERSKY CUP SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN

rusty_kingswood

Notice how those boys wearing the "new emblem" t-shirts... the red looks more like pink??? :/

Certainly a difference there, it is looking closer to the jumpers worn for NBCF game.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have no idea if any of these will work come game time tomorrow, but havent missed a game all season and wont let the fact thats its not being broadcast on Australian TV change anything.

Following the google chrome translator... I have gathered that the game will not only be broadcast on ICS

http://www.smg.cn/Index_Programs/Programs.asp?ReqDate=2010-10-17&cid=13

It will also be broadcast on a channel which to my knowledge is called something like gsports or CCTV5

The schedule is on the same link, if you click on the bar third from the right along the top row (if that doesnt make sense i can do a screen shot). It is translated as 'Australian Football Shanghai Exhibition,' so assuming the schedule and translation is correct, this station will also work

A google search of CCTV5 live gives many of relevant pages, however some dont work. It might be a question of sorting through.

I have downloaded a program called SopCast, which has CCTV5, however it seems as if it will be a question of looking at it at 5 and seeing what happens.

http://watch.squidtv.net/asia/china.html this website is also a possibility, scrolling down to CCTV5 is also reliable

This one

http://www.tv-online-live.com/watch-smg-ics-english/smg-ics-english-live/smg-ics-english-tv-online.html

is a link to ICS, however it currently doesnt work. You can try your luck on it but it will come down to if anyone in china is streaming it.

I have no idea about the legality of any of these methods, but i spose in a place like China, its pretty censored so in that respect anything that gets through is probably OK.

Go dees tomorro

hmmm Seems the url changes when the date changes.

Here is the 'link' page: http://www.bbtv.cn/

If you click on ICS on the left menu then the play symbol on the preview it should work...

well it is atm anyway.

Also, although Chrome translates part of the page..the stream seems to run much better in Firefox

Edited by timmy

Ok, I have no idea if any of these will work come game time tomorrow, but havent missed a game all season and wont let the fact thats its not being broadcast on Australian TV change anything.

Following the google chrome translator... I have gathered that the game will not only be broadcast on ICS

http://www.smg.cn/Index_Programs/Programs.asp?ReqDate=2010-10-17&cid=13

It will also be broadcast on a channel which to my knowledge is called something like gsports or CCTV5

The schedule is on the same link, if you click on the bar third from the right along the top row (if that doesnt make sense i can do a screen shot). It is translated as 'Australian Football Shanghai Exhibition,' so assuming the schedule and translation is correct, this station will also work

A google search of CCTV5 live gives many of relevant pages, however some dont work. It might be a question of sorting through.

I have downloaded a program called SopCast, which has CCTV5, however it seems as if it will be a question of looking at it at 5 and seeing what happens.

http://watch.squidtv.net/asia/china.html this website is also a possibility, scrolling down to CCTV5 is also reliable

This one

http://www.tv-online-live.com/watch-smg-ics-english/smg-ics-english-live/smg-ics-english-tv-online.html

is a link to ICS, however it currently doesnt work. You can try your luck on it but it will come down to if anyone in china is streaming it.

I have no idea about the legality of any of these methods, but i spose in a place like China, its pretty censored so in that respect anything that gets through is probably OK.

Go dees tomorro

If it is broadcast on CCTV5 then it is good news. CCTV is the national broadcaster and channel five is their sports channel. The CCTV webstite might help.

I'm trying to make contact with a Demon fan in Shanghai for the game so that, at the very least, we might get ¼  by ¼ scores and highlights if the SMS and Chinese authorities permit.

We Demonlanders are spoilt like no other WJ, and it's only a meaningless exhibition match! Many thanks for your efforts.

Can't imagine it's that difficult.

I have a friend who has been over there for work for a year and we text msg back & forth every few days.

There's no delay or anything.

She even manages to access facebook, etc relatively easily.

Heres a link with the programing for CCTV5, No football on live schedule.

http://english.cntv.cn/live/cctv5/index.shtml

OK.. just want to show out my working

Attached file is the schedule of the shanghai media group. From what i understand this is different from the CCTV.

The name of the station (which is highlighted in blue) literally translates as 'five star sports channel.' However, the wiki page in english lists one sports station called Gsports or 'Great sports.' There is a correlation in the translation - five star versus great are quite similar. Downloading SopCast should give you a channel which is called ShangHai Gsports - which differs from the CCTV-5 station.

I think at 5 tomorrow i will just try the gsports on SopCast and see what happens

post-6302-128721617749_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys..

Just top clarify: you can click on that link in any browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome). But if you want all, or most of the Chinese characters translated into English you can use the Google Chrome browser. This browser will automatically give you the option to translate the content into English.

Otherwise just click on the link at 5pm on Sunday and watch the show...(hopefully)

Ummn, 14.00, their time.. great!

http://www.smg.cn/In...10-10-17&cid=13

Good info Russian. The smgbb.cn link is a choice (and legal) site for streaming ICS abroad.

BT is commentating for ICS (should be a good call) and the broadcast is actually being hosted by... yours truly! So tune in for a very biased coverage! If I don't completely crack under the pressure of live TV, I'll see if I can give demonland a bit of a mention.

And while I'm plugging myself, check out The Amazing Race: China Rush on ICS tomorrow night at 11pm AEST. Get on the 'Best Mates'. demon_wink.gif

Melbourne names 22 for China

1. Matthew Warnock

3. Clint Bartram

4. Jack Watts

5. Jordan Gysberts

6. Matthew Bate

9. Jack Trengove

10. Cale Morton

12. Colin Sylvia

13. Jordie McKenzie

14. Lynden Dunn

16. Jack Grimes

20. Colin Garland

22. Brent Moloney

24. Liam Jurrah

25. Kyle Cheney

29. Michael Newton

31. Tom Scully

33. Austin Wonaeamirri

40. Mark Jamar

42. Jake Spencer

43. Jamie Bennell

44. Rohan Bail

The Demons will be without Brad Green and James Frawley who will be representing Australia against Ireland in the International Rules series this month.

I was looking at the photos from China on the AFL website and I noticed several of the players not listed including Rivers, McNamara (pretty sure it was him), MacDonald, Tapscott and Petterd. Jones is there as well so not sure If that means they are not playing and have just gone for the trip, although I'm sure I saw Petterd running.

Edited by Ascobar

We Demonlanders are spoilt like no other WJ, and it's only a meaningless exhibition match! Many thanks for your efforts.

If there's wireless internet at the ICS studios I can post updates to Demonland. Failing that Jack send me your mobile number and I'll text score updates throughout.

I was looking at the photos from China on the AFL website and I noticed several of the players not listed including Rivers, McNamara (pretty sure it was him), MacDonald, Tapscott and Petterd. Jones is there as well so not sure If that means they are not playing and have just gone for the trip, although I'm sure I saw Petterd running.

The whole team/list went to Shanghai. From there, a team is chosen to play vs Brissy. Obviously those that are injured won't take part. And some of the kids less likely to play regularly will be given a go too. I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers stepped aside for a young Cheney to have taken his spot initially.

Edited by DeezMan

If there's wireless internet at the ICS studios I can post updates to Demonland. Failing that Jack send me your mobile number and I'll text score updated through.

Done and much appreciated.

Good luck with your call of the game.

Also, given that you're in China, it might not be a good idea to mention "tanking". :)

No probs DOF but just to correct you on one point. No game in which the boys don the red and the blue is ever "meaningless". As the last game of the season between two AFL teams this fixture has been accorded the status of a grand final. Forget that encounter between Collingwood and St. Kilda a fortnight ago. This is the real thing!

Ahhh pooey!! If there was one guy I'd want to have experience playing AFL footy overseas it'd be 2009 no. 1 draft pick T. Scully.

Oh well - hope his family is ok. Family first. Always.

But surely we have players up there that aren't listed on the the "starting 22 team sheet" that can play??

A massive LOL at this though:

"With only 21 available at best, there was suggestions assistant coach Scott West may have to play, but coach Dean Bailey said the ex-Bulldog would not play because of insurance issues."

Edited by DeezMan

John Brown has flown home too & won't play and the Lions are said to have less players available than us.

At the bottom it mentions that Jamar will arrive late, only hours before the match & play out of the goalsquare as a result.

I remember reading in Steve Waugh's autobiography, during one tour of the West Indies (possibly '95?), that the Aussies were struggling for numbers. The 12th and 13th men were on the field due to illness and injury of the starting XI. Anyway, one bloke in the crowd had managed to find himself an Aussie test shirt, and decided to wear full creams to the ground. The Aussies were desperate, so they put him down at fine leg for a couple of overs.

I know that Aussie Rules is slightly more intense than a tour game of cricket, but how awesome would it be if you were in the crowd, wearing your jumper, and the Dees asked you to line up for a quarter in an exhibition match?

1) No game in which the boys don the red and the blue is ever "meaningless".

(2) As the last game of the season between two AFL teams this fixture has been accorded the status of a grand final. Forget that encounter between Collingwood and St. Kilda a fortnight ago. This is the real thing!

(1) Fair point Jack. I feel suitably chastened!

(2) So we will be premiers in a few hours time .... I've just got time to order in the Bollinger! :P;)

I know that Aussie Rules is slightly more intense than a tour game of cricket, but how awesome would it be if you were in the crowd, wearing your jumper, and the Dees asked you to line up for a quarter in an exhibition match?

We were at Manuka for a Dees vs North game a few years ago. Tickets supplied by Adam Simpson (long story) so we must have stuck out in our Dees colours amidst all the bland kangaroos. Anyway someone from the cheer squad who was short a few comrades picked our son Luke out to hold the banner, and he was in the rooms alongside Paul Johnson who to him at the time was a man mountain. Luke didn't quite get to play for us, but he was pretty pleased at his good luck!

On the off chance that the following 荣誉赞助商: means Kaspersky Cup Shanghai Showdown then we're in luck.

If it means something rude or libellous I apologise and put it down to my ignorance of the language.

Hey Larry how's your enthusiasm building up there in Shangri la? Pret-ty pret-ty good?!

Jeff