Brad Miller

The bull

As a mature age rookie. Reported on 'the Australian' website.

THE reshaping of Richmond under first-year coach Damian Hardwick is in full swing.

The Tigers are certain to add some forward support with the acquisition of recently delisted Demon Brad Miller.

Miller, 27, has been invited to join Richmond in December as a mature-age rookie, with a role as a back-up forward for John Coleman medallist Jack Riewoldt and injured young centre half-forward Ben Griffiths, who has undergone reconstructive surgery on both shoulders.

Recruited to Melbourne from Queensland by Craig Cameron, who is now the Tigers' general manager of football operations, Miller is also viewed at Punt Road as a future coach.

Edited by Scully

Interesting to see where the Toiges position their bar !! :rolleyes:

Hi,

first time poster here,

I just read on the afl website that Brad Miller has not yet been delisted and that we might look to trade him to the tigers..

MELBOURNE

On the table: Brad Miller was set to be delisted until Richmond expressed an interest, so he should be off to Punt Rd. Nathan Jones was talked about as possibly seeking a new home but has just re-signed. It's hard to see many of Dean Bailey's young squad being ushered out.

Targets: The Demons are looking to consolidate their list by re-signing the wealth of young talent they already have rather than build it by trading, although they appear interested in North's David Hale.

I assume we have not lodged our delistees yet? Unfortunately, Miller's currency would be close to nothing, but does anyone know when clubs have to lodge their delisted players?

I don't know how to add a link, so if anyone can, that would be great

Go Dees

Hi,

first time poster here,

I just read on the afl website that Brad Miller has not yet been delisted and that we might look to trade him to the tigers..

MELBOURNE

On the table: Brad Miller was set to be delisted until Richmond expressed an interest, so he should be off to Punt Rd. Nathan Jones was talked about as possibly seeking a new home but has just re-signed. It's hard to see many of Dean Bailey's young squad being ushered out.

Targets: The Demons are looking to consolidate their list by re-signing the wealth of young talent they already have rather than build it by trading, although they appear interested in North's David Hale.

I assume we have not lodged our delistees yet? Unfortunately, Miller's currency would be close to nothing, but does anyone know when clubs have to lodge their delisted players?

Go Dees

All contracts run till October 31.

Would be an alright pick up for Richmond actually, take the pressure off Jack Riewoldt that the opposing back line will drill to shut down hard core every game

Hi,

first time poster here,

MELBOURNE

Go Dees

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22458 from Inner Demon's thread

KEY DRAFT DATES

Friday October 1, 2pm - Father/Son nominations lodged with the AFL.

Monday October 4, 10am - Father/Son bidding meeting (Gold Coast Suns not entitled to participate).

Monday October 4 - Monday October 11 - AFL exchange period (In addition to normally permitted exchanges, Gold Coast Suns may exchange players nominated as 17-year-olds in 2009 who have not accepted a contract offer, players nominated as rookies in 2009 who have not accepted a contract offer, the right to list a player who has previously nominated for the Draft under rule 35.5 and the right to list a priority zone selection from Queensland or the Northern Territory under rule 35.6).

Thursday October 7, 2pm - Gold Coast FC may include on its primary list up to one listed player from each club (or more than one if the other club agrees) provided the player is uncontracted for the 2011 season.

Friday October 29, 2pm - List lodgement one. Rookie promotion to primary list, retained second year and third year rookies, scholarship player transfer to primary list or rookie list; international scholarship player transfer to primary list or rookie list. Gold Coast players contracted under rule 35.2 (local talent) may be included on the club primary list or rookie list with their consent, Gold Coast FC contracted nominated 17 year-olds included on the primary list, Gold Coast FC nominated 17 year-olds who have not accepted a contract may be included on the primary list, Gold Coast FC 2009 rookies who accept a contract offer may be included on the primary list or rookie list.

Friday November 5, 2pm - Out of contract listed primary list players draft nomination deadline.

Friday November 5, 2pm - Draft nomination deadline for new or expired (after three years) nominations.

Friday November 5, 2pm - Nomination of use of compensatory selection by clubs that lose an uncontracted player to Gold Coast FC.

Wednesday November 10, 2pm - List lodgement two.

Friday November 12, 2pm - Delisted primary list draft nomination deadline.

Friday November 12, 2pm - Non-retained rookie draft nomination deadline.

Friday November 12 - Priority zone selections, Queensland and NT.

Thursday November 18 - NAB AFL Draft selection meeting, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

Tuesday November 23, 2pm - Out of contract primary list draft nomination deadline.

Tuesday November 23, 2pm -International player inclusion on rookie list deadline.

Tuesday November 23, 2pm - Players not registered for three years inclusion on rookie list deadline.

Tuesday November 23, 2pm - NSW scholarship player and international scholarship player inclusion on rookie list deadline.

Wednesday November 24, 2pm - List lodgement three and TPP estimates.

Tuesday November 30, 2pm - Delisted primary list draft nomination deadline.

Tuesday November 30 - Previously listed players or draft nominated players deadline. Gold Coast FC may nominate up to 10 players whose nomination is current for the 2010 draft but who have not previously been on a club list or a primary list.

Tuesday November 30, 2pm - GWS zone access. Team GWS to nominate up to 16 draft-eligible players from NSW/ACT outside the current NSW scholarship region.

Tuesday December 7, 10am - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft meeting (Microsoft Live meeting).

Tuesday December 7, 10.10am - Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast FC and Sydney Swans pre-selected rookie nominations.

Tuesday December 7, 10.15am - NAB AFL Rookie Draft meeting (Microsoft Live meeting). Team GWS have selections 1-8 and Gold Coast FC has selection nine and the first selection in each subsequent round.

Friday December 10, 2pm - Team GWS to nominate up to 12 17-year-olds born between January 1 and April 30, 1993

I believe this is a reason why Brad and Belly were not delisted, but told they would not be offered new contracts. If a club shows an interest and the player wants to go there then we can make sure they get to where they want to go.

I believe this is a reason why Brad and Belly were not delisted, but told they would not be offered new contracts. If a club shows an interest and the player wants to go there then we can make sure they get to where they want to go.

Nice work. Gotta look after our good people.

So .. Ok . I assume we aren't just giving Brad to the Toiges just facilitating that he got to where he wants to. Is there compensation of some fashion in all this ? Or is the likely pick (if so) just not worth worrying about ? Surely he just doesn't walk down the road for nothing ?