• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

David Hale

Demon Tragic

I'd actually prefer North to warehouse their compo pick for a future year, even though it could be 10 spots better in the draft. Given where our talent lies, it will mean that their talent would not be as mature as ours when we're going for a premiership. I'd also be happy to start bringing in mature(ish) players through the draft to fill perceived premiership holes in advance.

I think the "end of 1st round" picks could be very handy in future if you're trying to land the apocryphal "big fish" a la Ottens to fill a key hole in your flag push. Combine it with your standard 1st rounder in a standard draft and you've maybe got 10 and 19 - a persuasive package for a team with a mature star which is on the slide and is looking at rebuilding.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007

Just heard him speak on radio ... not only was the deal better for Norf - Hawks gave Hale 3 year deal B)

This smells very fishy!!!!!!!

What are those blokes on?

Just heard him speak on radio ... not only was the deal better for Norf - Hawks gave Hale 3 year deal B)

This smells very fishy!!!!!!!

What are those blokes on?

It was always gonna be more than 2 years - we would have been offering him at least 3 also - you've got to sell the deal to the player and the club.

It was always gonna be more than 2 years - we would have been offering him at least 3 also

Do you think? We only really need him until Gawn and/or Fitzy are ready (or until Martin or Spencer work out where they need to run, or until JW puts on 10-15kg of muscle). Until we get a home-grown gorilla.

Do you think? We only really need him until Gawn and/or Fitzy are ready (or until Martin or Spencer work out where they need to run, or until JW puts on 10-15kg of muscle). Until we get a home-grown gorilla.

Gawn and Fitz are 6 to 8 years away.

MArtin and Spencer would be liabilities in the forward line.

Jack Watts?!

This backup ruck was engineered to protect Watts and Jurrah from being that long target.

I DO NOT WANT WATTS PARKED UNDER A PILL 15 METRES OUT WAITING FOR THE KNEES OF DEFENDERS.

Guest hangon007

It was always gonna be more than 2 years - we would have been offering him at least 3 also - you've got to sell the deal to the player and the club.

I would have thought we would have sold him an opportunity to play AFL football. Did you hear the interview?

Sounds like the Hawks won the day because they want to play him in the ruck. We angled more as a second ruck/forward.

Oh yes lets not forget the $$$$

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Bad moves hawks. You need a GOOD ruckman.

We should try and sell Paul Johnson to them. They only have 5 crap ruckmen now. They might need another.

I agree. Hawks now have Norfs 4th Ruckman as their number 1-2 .. who is un-proven he can do the business. Plus you can't forget they effectively have done a Hale for Campbell Brown trade. For a team that has backline problems I cant work this out.

Good luck Hawks but you are now stuck with this option for 3 years.

Explain the difference, the amazing difference, in talent between 12 and 17 and maybe those members will stick with you.

Otherwise, when they calm down - they'll be with me.

It's not just a matter of numbers, although at pick 17 the MFC has 5 fewer chances to get the player they want.

We could have picked up David Hale for pick 12 - no question.

But we didn't offer pick 12 for Hale because of the clubs' assessment of his form, his ability and his age.

So we offered pick 32, or we offered pick 12 with strings attached. Maybe we should have also thrown in a Maric or a Warnock or another listed player with pick 32 if we really wanted him.

I agree that Hale would be a better option for second ruck/tall forward at the moment than Spencer, Johnson, Martin, Gawn or Fitzpatrick. But we only offered a guaranteed pick at 32. Hawthorn could offer more, so they got him.

Part of me jutst feels; Heres a guy who has been relegated to the VFL for the last couple of years, and now he wants to get picky about what role hes going to be playing in a team when he gets his chance? Why couldn't he have been more accomodating to us, seeing as we shown faith in him before anyone else did. Why couldn't he say he'd rather play with us instead of "i don't mind"... leaving it up to North to decid for him?

Over him... And I'm sick of noone wanting to play for us! Every time someone denies us I take it personally. F U if you don't want to be part of our club. And F your reasoning pal, don't want to hear it.

Gawn and Fitz are 6 to 8 years away.

MArtin and Spencer would be liabilities in the forward line.

Jack Watts?!

This backup ruck was engineered to protect Watts and Jurrah from being that long target.

I DO NOT WANT WATTS PARKED UNDER A PILL 15 METRES OUT WAITING FOR THE KNEES OF DEFENDERS.

By Round 1 2013, at least one of Martin, Spencer, Gawn or Fitzpatrick will have gone past Hale. And Jack will be 22, over 100kg, and won't need protection by anyone.

801 posts on this pathetic topic.Hale will be going to Hawks or staying at North.We are keeping pick 12,end of story!!!

Brad Scott would be rolling around on the ground Pi$$ing himself if he got Pick 12 for 27 y.o. (start of next season) washed up Hale.

Pick 12 is a 12 year player like Gysberts,not a hack like Hale who'll be lucky to play 3 more years!

C'MON,let's waste 1000 posts on this washed up hack!!!

Part of me jutst feels; Heres a guy who has been relegated to the VFL for the last couple of years, and now he wants to get picky about what role hes going to be playing in a team when he gets his chance? Why couldn't he have been more accomodating to us, seeing as we shown faith in him before anyone else did. Why couldn't he say he'd rather play with us instead of "i don't mind"... leaving it up to North to decid for him?

Over him... And I'm sick of noone wanting to play for us! Every time someone denies us I take it personally. F U if you don't want to be part of our club. And F your reasoning pal, don't want to hear it.

That's the joys of having 2 Clubs that are seriously wanting your services. If I were in the same boat as him, I'd be playing both Clubs as hard as I could to get the best deal for my future.

The feeling of being in demand overpowers loyalty more often than not. Kind of like when you go to a nightclub and 2 girls would like your services for the night, you flirt with both, get them feeling special, but at some stge one of them will leave alone, the other, well, you know what I'm getting at!!!!

I'm not surprised he chose Hawthorn - and I suspect they played the 'Brent Guerra' card in order to seal the deal.

This would be history making surely? Has there been any previous cases of multiple rugs on AFL lists?

Kind of like when you go to a nightclub and 2 girls would like your services for the night, you flirt with both, get them feeling special, but at some stge one of them will leave alone, the other, well, you know what I'm getting at!!!!

What? They were both prostitutes from the start looking for my money?

I accept your premise and realise it is my dream to play for the MFC and not neccessarily Hale's, but this constant rejection is erking me. I'm sick of MFC always being the bridesmaid, never the bride. I bet they want to come when we start playing finals... it's like wanting to date the fat kid after he/she loses all the weight- well you didn't want them when they were a pudger, so no good now you superficial [censored]!

I feel we dodged a massive bullet in no recruiting "Haley".

Hale would only fill in time until Gawn/Fitzpatrick develop and Watts gets more bulk. Because, to be truthful, Wattsy will be our "big man" that can crash a pack in 3 years time.

As for the Jack Anthony suggestions... that's going backwards even moreso than in recruiting Hale!!!

Edit: YAY! I started the 26th page of this now useless thread!!! :)

Edited by DeezMan

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
The feeling of being in demand overpowers loyalty more often than not. Kind of like when you go to a nightclub and 2 girls would like your services for the night, you flirt with both, get them feeling special, but at some stge one of them will leave alone, the other, well, you know what I'm getting at!!!!

So you are saying he is going to root Hawthorn? Sounds like a plan to me.

By Round 1 2013, at least one of Martin, Spencer, Gawn or Fitzpatrick will have gone past Hale. And Jack will be 22, over 100kg, and won't need protection by anyone.

I think 95 - 98 KG's would suit Watts leadup style covering many miles motoring around the ground.

Save the 100kg's plus for our monsters, Ruck/forwards.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-st-kilda-saints--nick-riewoldt