Chris Tarrant wants out

No16

Garland still worries me..I think he will make it

You worry about Garland? You think Garland will make it (when he clearly has already made it as per his top 10 B+F finish)?

Christ. We've got a few players to worry about in regards to if they'll make it or not, but Garland is definitely not one of them. Get that MFCSS seen to.

You just can't help yourself can you RR. Read my original post, Tarrant is still a good player, If he comes back to melbourne he is worth talking to. If you can score a bargain Contract great, if not Carry on. He would be a good player to have on a list as a b/up as Warnock & Garland still have a long way to go, but as i said if it doesn't happen...NO LOST SLEEP. I wouldn't take him if he wasn't cheap, thats the whole basis of the conversation... :rolleyes:

I agree Tarrant is a good player but given the Clubs that are weak in defence, they would jump at the opportunity to get him. He wont be cheap and MFC have more pressing requirements in a list where we wont have too many players coming off it.

MFC isnt weak in defence and if Garland has a long way to go and comes 10th in the Bluey after no pre season and missing the previous year then we have a beaut of player.

And why we are talking to a player who you have once more labelled as a back up for Warnock who cant get a game..FMD.

BTW, I'd take David Mundy if he was on a bargain contract.... :rolleyes:

Christ. We've got a few players to worry about in regards to if they'll make it or not, but Garland is definitely not one of them. Get that MFCSS seen to.

I'd say its incurable. :lol:

You worry about Garland? You think Garland will make it (when he clearly has already made it as per his top 10 B+F finish)?

I know!

Our backline has been a wet dream for two seasons now. Why bring in a 30 year old version of Garland when we have a 22 year old version of Garland?

BTW, absolutley KOTD in that draft - Frawley, Garland, and Petterd.

Hannabal thinks I get unreadable at this time of year.

It's the MFCSS that's hard to read.

We won 8 games this year, with a very cool draw from the AFL. Colin Garland still has loads to learn.

You say he has already made it??? How will he play once we are a Top 4 side in september??? I hope he makes it but he has a lot to learn yet.

Nobody in this side has "made it" yet. The Heat will be applied from next year onwards, particularly away from home. So the idea of talking to any experienced backmen would be always a positive step if they can help to impart knowledge, both on and off the ground.

We won 8 games this year, with a very cool draw from the AFL. Colin Garland still has loads to learn.

You say he has already made it??? How will he play once we are a Top 4 side in september??? I hope he makes it but he has a lot to learn yet.

Nobody in this side has "made it" yet. The Heat will be applied from next year onwards, particularly away from home. So the idea of talking to any experienced backmen would be always a positive step if they can help to impart knowledge, both on and off the ground.

If I was Garland and we chased Tarrant I would looking at my options.

You cannot play Tarrant, Rivers, Frawley, and Garland in the one team. So whose development do we push back? Do we push out Rivers? Frawley seemed to learn how to become a very good rebounder without Chris Tarrant (in fact he learnt how to play well before Tarrant did himself), Garland requires special tuition?

That's an expensive tutor. And neither can be in the same classroom at the same time.

Sean Wellman can be the experienced backman imparting knowledge.

Better than Tarrant too.

I agree Tarrant is a good player but given the Clubs that are weak in defence, they would jump at the opportunity to get him. He wont be cheap and MFC have more pressing requirements in a list where we wont have too many players coming off it.

MFC isnt weak in defence and if Garland has a long way to go and comes 10th in the Bluey after no pre season and missing the previous year then we have a beaut of player.

And why we are talking to a player who you have once more labelled as a back up for Warnock who cant get a game..FMD.

BTW, I'd take David Mundy if he was on a bargain contract.... :rolleyes:

I'd say its incurable. :lol:

Well i am glad you at least admit Tarrant is a good player!!! Yes i agree our defence is good, But if Chip Frawley gets injured we are very vulnerable. Warnock is Much younger sure i have my doubts he is going to make it long term (2 years)

Anyway from what i read to day he wants to go back to the Filth-So all bets are off!!! B)

Warnock is currently behind Rivers, Frawley and Garland. You want to get Tarrant. Both Hawthorn and Carlton need an experienced defender now as their flag tilt is in the next 2 to 3 years. Even Essendon and Richmond cant be counted out for Tarrant. So he is unlikely to be cheap with a short contract deal or a low draft pick.

We have 3 places known on our list with delists and retirements. We are likely to upgrade Jordie and Spencer. To put Tarrant on the list someone has to come off. I am not sure we are willing to dump any more than one other OOC player.

It is ridiculous. I based it on your words that you would give him a 2 year contract even as a back up. And given Rivers, Garland and Frawley up back I see no sense chasing a 30 yo who will not come cheap.

You didn't. Our hyperbolic friend did. :rolleyes:

if carlton`s run at the flag is during the next 2-3 years , i for one am not worried. they will be replaced in the eight next year by us and the kanga`s

Well i am glad you at least admit Tarrant is a good player!!! Yes i agree our defence is good, But if Chip Frawley gets injured we are very vulnerable. Warnock is Much younger sure i have my doubts he is going to make it long term (2 years)

When you have a list of 40 players you are always vulnerable.

rpfc has nailed it with MFCSS and all.

Frawley just has at 22. Garland has missed a season of good football.He did well to get on top of the game after so long out. He will be fine. And we have Wellman as defensive coach.

And there is more heat in the midfield and forwardline where they are defintitely guilty of accepting mediocrity. :rolleyes:

When you have a list of 40 players you are always vulnerable.

rpfc has nailed it with MFCSS and all.

Frawley just has at 22. Garland has missed a season of good football.He did well to get on top of the game after so long out. He will be fine. And we have Wellman as defensive coach.

And there is more heat in the midfield and forwardline where they are defintitely guilty of accepting mediocrity. :rolleyes:

Sorry not up with what MFCSS is (an "in Joke" i take it)

I agree with you concerning Frawley- he looks the goods, but the 2nd Year blues will be applied to our whole side next year, so it will be very interesting to see how the pressure is absorbed all over the ground.

Sure Garland did well to get Back, i admire his courage-But i do not cover him in accelades yet. The Jury is still out. Next year will tell a lot more about Judy.

He still needs work on his Handballing decisions when the ball is hot. Yes it is a tough skill, but it is that important.

My posts here have not talked about the midfield because Tarrant is a drfender. But as i said he wants to go back to the Filth so it is a Moot point.

I still rate him as a good tight defender though. He turned his career around. i admire any player who can master that.

Edited by why you little

if carlton`s run at the flag is during the next 2-3 years , i for one am not worried. they will be replaced in the eight next year by us and the kanga`s

I tend to agree that their window is probably a bit longer. Judd should have at least a good 5 years left, and besides him, their best players are all at the start of their careers. It'll be interesting to see if they can build a well-rounded enough list to seriously challenge before Judd retires- at the moment it looks like their best half dozen or so players will compare favourably with most teams, but the quality really drops off after that. The midfields lookings good, and if Henderson comes on as expected then their forwardline suddenly looks alright. Their defense is still sketchy (hence their interest in Warnock/Tarrant) and they'll struggle to address it in the next two drafts.

I think they'll improve next year with the return of Kruezer and the continued development of their young high end draft picks, and that they'll be tough to push out of the 8. I would love nothing better than to be proven wrong.

Edited by two sheds jackson

Sorry not up with what MFCSS is (an "in Joke" i take it)

MFC Supporter Syndrome - We can always find the negatives in the positives. The glass isn't half-full, it's deceptively half-full, and looks like its leaking. And the water looks a bit dirty.

Yeah, we are playing well, but maybe it's only fleeting...

I have to give myself an out so that when, not if, we fail I can point to something amid the madness to at least prove I was right.

We don't want to make the finals too early...

I think Mahoney is the weak link...

I think we got rid of Junior too soon...

Will Moloney still be playing in 2 years?...

We should trade Jamar...

If this person isn't captain next year we'll...

I agree with you concerning Frawley- he looks the goods, but the 2nd Year blues will be applied to our whole side next year, so it will be very interesting to see how the pressure is absorbed all over the ground.

Good example!

You're getting it.

MFC Supporter Syndrome - We can always find the negatives in the positives. The glass isn't half-full, it's deceptively half-full, and looks like its leaking. And the water looks a bit dirty.

Yeah, we are playing well, but maybe it's only fleeting...

I have to give myself an out so that when, not if, we fail I can point to something amid the madness to at least prove I was right.

We don't want to make the finals too early...

I think Mahoney is the weak link...

I think we got rid of Junior too soon...

Will Moloney still be playing in 2 years?...

We should trade Jamar...

If this person isn't captain next year we'll...

Good example!

You're getting it.

HaHaHa!! I was actually being serious with that above thread. Teams will start to really push us next year, I just hope we push Harder..

HaHaHa!! I was actually being serious with that above thread. Teams will start to really push us next year, I just hope we push Harder..

Rampant MFCSS.

And to think teams in the past few years have not been pushing us on the field!

*Awaits Jean Luc Picard to place hand on forehead*