Will Ratten Target Warnock?

pringle

Guest hangon007

All the Carlton people I know want Walker gone.

I love it when opposition supporters get down on their "own" ... I hope he does walk ... it would serve them right.

Respect is a two way street. Rischitelli to the Gold Coast is the most recent example. Brisbane have made their own bed ... now sleep in it.

Ps I hope the get "nothing" for him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Warnock's currency will be quite high this off-season.

There are a lot of teams wanting a KPD, but there is a perception there are few out there.

It might be because he isn't rated as a great option, but beggars can't be choosers.

We may be able to snaffle a great deal for him if he's deemed to be surplus to requirements.

I recall seeing an article in the Hun mentioning this topic.

Guest hangon007

I'd definately take GC's pick 26 for Warnock if it was offered...

Personally I would be very disappointed ... KPB Backman always get a "premium" price. GC have already demonstrated that by what they are willing to pay Bock.

All the talk is about Carlton chasing Chris Tarrant to fulfill its tall defender worries, not Warnock.

It's just like Carlton to go for the big name and the quick fix and I hope they leave our player alone.

Personnaly I hope they chase Tarrant and not Warnock. But if Warnock wants to go. It will most likely be Carlton. We should play hard in a 3 way trade as I think Jacobs will end up in SA.

All the talk is about Carlton chasing Chris Tarrant to fulfill its tall defender worries, not Warnock.

It's just like Carlton to go for the big name and the quick fix and I hope they leave our player alone.

Tarrant is 30 coming off an injury, with one maybe two years left. Good luck to whoever gets him.

Ah no. Not because we wouldn't want Gibbs. Because it wouldn't be appropriate - for Carlton and it's members, that is.

If you're going to ask for Gibbs, you may as well try for Judd JCB. And that is just ridiculous.

What would it achieve ? It would only tickle their funny bone, that's what.

If I had of suggested Judd- I would have.No- I think Gibbs would suit us better -I think he would make a very good winger.However,I do not really want Warnock to go- if one of our talls gets injured we need a back up. How about letting people have their say wiyhout you reading something else in it.

If I had of suggested Judd- I would have.No- I think Gibbs would suit us better -I think he would make a very good winger.However,I do not really want Warnock to go- if one of our talls gets injured we need a back up. How about letting people have their say wiyhout you reading something else in it.

I think HT's point was that if we went to Carlton during trade week and actually mooted Gibbs for Warnock as a serious proposition, it would get the same kind of reaction from Carlton that asking for Judd would get. Which is to say, Carlton's people would be justifiably angry with our people for wasting their time by arranging a meeting with them, only to suggest trades that are absolutely preposterous.

While alot of bartering surely goes on during trade week, it's not like they stuff each other around saying things like "give us Nick Reiwoldt for pick 65 and a duck?" just because it's "worth a try".

Edited by two sheds jackson

Yeah, Brown off to the Suns.

Oh is that what you meant.. Oh OK. But Brown is about a 6 footer & forward pocket or back flank.

But I think your right,,, that Tarrant seems more likely to go to Visy's Carton, than the Hawks,,, so therefore there won't be many readymade Key Backs about to hit the Glenferrie mud running. So they may have to up the Ante.

Key Backs are valuable, in todays footy.

A lot of Carlton going for Warnock hinges on what happens with Tarrant and from what I can gather, he will most likely end up at Hawthorn. He has been talking about wanting a premiership and I think the Hawks list is a lot closer than Carlton's to getting a flag. I like Warnock but the reality is that our defence is probably the most stacked position and he's not getting games, he would be of a lot more use at a club that is struggling with defenders, like Carlton. And to get a first or second draft pick out of it would be a great result.

It's hard not to when someone puts up the ridiculous notion of Warnock for Gibbs.

Warnock for Ablett anyone ?

See what I mean ? Ratten would be stunned by such an approach. Our FD is smarter than that.

It's hard not to when someone puts up the ridiculous notion of Warnock for Gibbs.

Warnock for Ablett anyone ?

See what I mean ? Ratten would be stunned by such an approach. Our FD is smarter than that.

I'd go for Bartel anyway...

(kidding!)