Changes v Port Adelaide

Gouga

Any chance of Newton getting a game next week? Seeing that he played during the period MFC "had no forward line".

Maybe now that the ball is actually getting into the forward line, and Dunn, Green, Jurrah, Wonna and Watts are in there (less pressure), maybe, just maybe Newton might have a better game. Just a thought.

IMO, it would be a mistake to play Juice as a key forward at this stage, as this isn't what he's starring at, but rather playing confidantly as an follower. So, if he were to be played @ AFL, he should be given the chance to play as a follower, so he can translate that confidant form into the higher level.

The way to play it would be that way, so he could continue that role on @ Melbourne. This would best suit him to achieve this good form @ the higher level, then his self belief & realisation would grow from that. Eventually I could see him transferring that confidence into other positions on the ground.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outs: Davey (inj)

Ins: Maric

Give Maric a chance to earn his spot on our list, they kid has huge talent and can play the game but has had some bad luck and needs a chance to show himself. I played against him back in his school days and he ripped the game apart, played through the midfield and just shredded all day. I know AFL standard is ten times higher, but I think the kid can be something special.. Something reallly special for us.. Lets not let him go just yet..

IMO, it would be a mistake to play Juice as a key forward at this stage, as this isn't what he's starring at, but rather playing confidantly as an follower. So, if he were to be played @ AFL, he should be given the chance to play as a follower, so he can translate that confidant form into the higher level.

The way to play it would be that way, so he could continue that role on @ Melbourne. This would best suit him to achieve this good form @ the higher level, then his self belief & realisation would grow from that. Eventually I could see him transferring that confidence into other positions on the ground.

Unless we cut PJ, he is finished. I think he is finished. He will grace Casey for the rest of the season then be delisted off the rookie list unless he want to play for a pittance for another year or two. Nah, MFC will cut him.

Is the general consensus that there is not a place in our best 22 for Matty Bate? Because that seems crazy to me. He should be in this week for Watts. I'm not bagging Watts, I'm thrilled to have him at the MFC, but he dead-set pulled out of 2 contests on Sunday and just needs to be shown that that will earn a trip to Casey, regardless of his potential, and games into players, and all that crap.

Any chance of Bate actually starring at Casey to earn a spot?? Hmmm

it is humours wanting a Melbourne Demons player play for Melbourne Demons!

I think he may be a bit of a way off from debuting into the AFL where the big boys hang.

Whilst it COULD be a good idea to blood some more youngsters, let's not over-exaggerate things by blooding players who are a tad underdone still (i.e. Fitz, Blease and even Tapscott). It could well ruin their initial development?

Bailey has always reiterated that if form warrants, the player will be up for selection. Cheney warrants selection. Maric warrants selection. Strauss perhaps?

Tapscott is an interesting one because he is ready-made (unlike Fitz), however he is coming back from a long-term hip injury.

Edit: Back Flanker... unnecessary comment?? Glad you deleted... geez.

Edited by DeezMan

Give Maric a chance to earn his spot on our list, they kid has huge talent and can play the game but has had some bad luck and needs a chance to show himself. I played against him back in his school days and he ripped the game apart, played through the midfield and just shredded all day. I know AFL standard is ten times higher, but I think the kid can be something special.. Something reallly special for us.. Lets not let him go just yet..

I'm sure you're spot on about Maric's junior form, but that's all we've got in terms of positives for Maric atm. His AFL form has been as bad as any other player who's had a game for us over the last 2 years, and his VFL form hasn't been as good as it should be. Harsh, sad, whatever, but too many are viewing Maric in the light that was bathed upon him when he was drafted at pick 21.

Having said all that, from reports he was OK for Casey last week, so I guess there's a chance we'll see him this week anyway.

Tapscott was rested for a reason and Fitzpatrick is worth a crack. Maaaaaybe this week, but he deserves one against North - although their talls might prove to be a challenge.

In: Tapscott, maybe Fitzpatrick

Out: Davey (leg), maybe Johnson

Tapscott was rested for a reason and Fitzpatrick is worth a crack. Maaaaaybe this week, but he deserves one against North - although their talls might prove to be a challenge.

In: Tapscott, maybe Fitzpatrick

Out: Davey (leg), maybe Johnson

I would, personally, like these changes.

Be interesting to see Fitzpatrick v. Trengove. This would be the week to give him a crack, definitely not against North with their more experienced talls.

Take this as you will... Bate "tweeted" yesterday that he was having lunch with manager Paul Connors and Michael Newton...

Oh !

I'm tipping they decided to have the steak & mushroom pie for lunch. The egg & bacon quiche would have been ruled out.

Oh !

I'm tipping they decided to have the steak & mushroom pie for lunch. The egg & bacon quiche would have been ruled out.

Can't say I didn't envisage a response like that!!

Hrmmm, no one an do anything without having the spotlight put on them...

IN: Steak & Mushroom pie

OUT: Quiche Lorraine

Edited by DeezMan

Take this as you will... Bate "tweeted" yesterday that he was having lunch with manager Paul Connors and Michael Newton...

I always discuss my personal career decisions with my manager infront of a teammate.

I think he may be a bit of a way off from debuting into the AFL where the big boys hang.

Whilst it COULD be a good idea to blood some more youngsters, let's not over-exaggerate things by blooding players who are a tad underdone still (i.e. Fitz, Blease and even Tapscott). It could well ruin their initial development?

Bailey has always reiterated that if form warrants, the player will be up for selection. Cheney warrants selection. Maric warrants selection. Strauss perhaps?

Tapscott is an interesting one because he is ready-made (unlike Fitz), however he is coming back from a long-term hip injury.

Edit: Back Flanker... unnecessary comment?? Glad you deleted... geez.

I'm not sure you can classify Fitzy as underdone. He got on top of Sam Jacobs last week, has broken even against a dual ruck duo of Fraser and Wood against Collingwood 2nds.

Why wouldn't you give him an opportunity over the next 2 weeks? I would love to see Blease get a game but he is underdone. As Jack Grimes did a few years ago, give Fitzy a run and see how he goes.

IN - Fitzpatrick, Maric

OUT - Johnson, Davey

I'm not sure you can classify Fitzy as underdone. He got on top of Sam Jacobs last week, has broken even against a dual ruck duo of Fraser and Wood against Collingwood 2nds.

I meant in regards to physique/build/body shape etc. Bit of a difference playing against VFL players compared to seasoned AFL footballer's.

Let Fitzy play out the year in the VFL and play VFL finals (??). Big pre-season and get him right up there as contender for 2nd ruckman in 2011 with PJ. Gawn and Spencer a way off yet.