• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHIP'S CHASE

Like any other Melbourne supporter. Watching the Sydney game was one hell of an experience. After a roller coaster of emotions over the years, seeing strong signs of the potential of what the dees can be in years to come is a great feeling. And although there was many moments I loved about the game (and I must bring it up again in its own thread) "CHIP'S CHASE" as I feel it quite suitably should be named was outright INSPIRING. To see a fella who can challenge some of the biggest units in the game shoulder to shoulder and stand his ground, then in contrast run like the wind and give it his all to run down a small speed machines like Jetta. I mean it wasn't even whether he caught him or not, but just the 110% mentality of not giving up on a chase that many would of after 10 metres or so. It was just awesome to see and a great mould for any footy club, great job Mr Frawley.

Edited by Deemolition Man

I don't know why it's taken til now for the media to notice that he resembles Scarlett. When he dashes, his speed, willingness to take the game on, and his uncanny ability to shrug a tackle... It screams Scarlett to me.

I was discussing this with a couple of mates of mine who went to the game. On our list, which players do you not worry about at all. Trengove is one. Other than horrible bad fortune with injury this guy just doesn't have weaknesses. Chip is the other. I have no worries about him. Not even his kicking which with hard work he's turned into a strength.

Chip has hands down become my Fav demon of the new breed. Finding a good backman is hard enough. Finding a great backman can take decades of drafting. I can say we may have found that great backman. Time will tell, but so far so good.

If a premiership dynasty is on the cards, Chip will be our Scarlett and be that defender that makes all the difference.

I don't know why it's taken til now for the media to notice that he resembles Scarlett. When he dashes, his speed, willingness to take the game on, and his uncanny ability to shrug a tackle... It screams Scarlett to me.

I was discussing this with a couple of mates of mine who went to the game. On our list, which players do you not worry about at all. Trengove is one. Other than horrible bad fortune with injury this guy just doesn't have weaknesses. Chip is the other. I have no worries about him. Not even his kicking which with hard work he's turned into a strength.

He could well be better than Scarlett.

Thanks for bringing up the Watts chase as well, both times the coaching staff must have been smiling watching their troops literally busting a gut and trying with everything they had to create a contest. That's the kind of commitment that should be the norm rather than the exception. Hats off to both players!

Onwards and upwards.

If Frawley is our Scarlett does that mean that Garland could be our Mackie. I certainly wouldn't mind that if it did happen. Mackie and Garland are both great at spoiling, have slight builds but use their quickness to their advantage. If Garland can continue to improve his foot skills we could essentially have two clones of key Geelong backmen. Scarlett and Mackie = Frawley and Garland :)

If Frawley is our Scarlett does that mean that Garland could be our Mackie. I certainly wouldn't mind that if it did happen. Mackie and Garland are both great at spoiling, have slight builds but use their quickness to their advantage. If Garland can continue to improve his foot skills we could essentially have two clones of key Geelong backmen. Scarlett and Mackie = Frawley and Garland :)

i think Garland is already better than Mackie. Mackie can only play one role...the roaming avoid contact & no responsibility backman. Garland loves the challenge of taking a key forward for the opposition, loves body conatct and can hurt opposition going the other way

chips power to weight ratio is unreal...i've got a man crush on chip. I used to have a man crush on jonathon brown but chips my boy now.

garland lacks chips size but can still play on a tall or short forward. was fantastic.

Edited by disco_demon

Another great chase and tackle was by Garland at the end of one of the quarters where he tackled and harrassed 3 on 1 and eventually got a holding the ball decision.

Both of them look like they have qualities to be "great" players. They can play on tall and small, can run and are now both getting better at running and attacking and using the ball to set up plays.

The game on the weekend had so many highlights in regards to pressure, whether it was our chase downs, Sylvia's tackling and clearance work, Maric, Wonna and Bennel pressuring there backs, Bartram and his 2/3 unbelievable tackles, McKenzie and his bullocking work, MacDonald and his great body work, Bruce/JOnes and their shut down jobs.........the list could go on.

I loved it, and have watched the replay at least 4 times this week. Get home from work and I watch a quarter or two. It is great, just hope we can be more consistent and keep the form for the next 5 matches.

Another great chase and tackle was by Garland at the end of one of the quarters where he tackled and harrassed 3 on 1 and eventually got a holding the ball decision.

That was with about 1 minute to go in the game which made it even better.... chasing and harassing from the first bounce to the last second of the game...

Yeah, don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but he is built better than Scarlett and quicker off the mark too.

Once he gets that experience up... look out.

KS, I'd say opposition forwards are already looking out.

He is a machine! Love his work.

Garland will be 10 times better than Mackie who is a good player in a mighty team....put him in any other defence in the league n he would no doubt be half the player he is....thought watts's chase on jetta was just as good as chip....both jack n chip i believe are the 2 most important players on a list going forward...will be special players!

Loved the Chip & Watts chase... Proves to the critics that Jack does have speed, i was getting sick of people saying Watts is slow. I can feel it in my bones that his break out game is coming.

Chip is All Australian at the moment. His chase spoke for itself. His confidence to back himself and run off his man also damages the opposition.

Lake and Chip are the two Best (read- most in form) backs at the moment in the comp.

Another example of why getting games into kids is so important.

Guest The Boss

Loved the Chip & Watts chase... Proves to the critics that Jack does have speed, i was getting sick of people saying Watts is slow. I can feel it in my bones that his break out game is coming.

Neither of them caught Lewis the Jet. Both are too slow. My grandma could run faster and she is in a wheelchair!

Neither of them caught Lewis the Jet. Both are too slow. My grandma could run faster and she is in a wheelchair!

Another example of some ripping humour from the Boss, aka "the troll under the bridge."

Guest The Boss

I was a fan on Jetta, and hoped MFC would take him with pick 11. He's an excitement machine, plus Frawley would have crushed him if he got caught, and I really want to see him get his first goal soon.