• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Which 3 men cost us the game?

Geddy Lee

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think that a double facepalm photo can do justice to how dumb this post is!

... or this thread. It's a TEAM sport.

But as always, we have a loss, and people start looking for scapegoats.

I don't know why I come here on match day.

Anyone want to talk about the game in an objective fashion or do we have to wait a couple of days till the d%^$heads P&ss off.

Shocking 1st half ... just serviceable in the 2nd half. He needs to take the 1st option and not try to over-think it

Melbourne Football Team??

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

It was no particular person. It was that bit of grey matter between all the players ears that only sparked after half time (with a couple of exceptions).

3. Davey (2 ordinary 50m penalties that hurt us, they REALLY HURT US).

First didn't hurt, my grandma would have slotted that, the second was an accident off his shin as he tried to get out of the way.

Bate Dunn and Watts?

Or the yellow maggots?

Who else is shaking with anger right now . . .

Maybe you could say that,,, But,,, on the other hand, they had a big say in us getting into a winning position in the first place. Mistakes all over the ground by all of our players contributed to us not winning.

First didn't hurt, my grandma would have slotted that, the second was an accident off his shin as he tried to get out of the way.

You are kind to say it was an accident, I think Davey tried to bluff the ump and his actor skills were not of the same calibre as H. Ballantyne and co. I'm pretty sure Bate got a legitimate handball anyway. But we certainly didn't get any of the soft 50's that we did last week.

Rivers' 50 was much more costly than either of Davey's. And you could make a case for the first of Davey's not being paid as Bartram turns Davey away to stop the abuse, therefore highlighting the right attitude toward umpires (which is the exact opposite of why that 50m penalty gets paid).

Stupid topic.

The grey matter in between the ears of ALL 22 for the first 60 minutes is what cost us.

THAT's IT.

Oh yeah, i forgot that we have to have a weekly Watts bashing thread.

Jack Watts, Jack Watts, Jack Watts - he is not standing up when it matters, he is missing shots he should kick, he is not presenting and committing to contests, he is doing a few good things then stuffing up big time i.e. failing to take a straight forward hand ball in Q4 when the game is up for grabs. This converted an attacking position into a Freemantle rebound.

No doubt he will improve as he matures and his body fills out, but he is not showing the poise and polish you would expect from a no 1 draft pick.

We keep making excuses for the big man.....but Trengove and Scully continue to impress.

On a positive note; it was good to see the guys making it a real contest after half time. Moloney was a real loss, but PJ looked good & Scully's class shone through again. LJ will continue to improve with game time. Bail will be better for the run as well.

Jack Watts, Jack Watts, Jack Watts - he is not standing up when it matters, he is missing shots he should kick, he is not presenting and committing to contests, he is doing a few good things then stuffing up big time i.e. failing to take a straight forward hand ball in Q4 when the game is up for grabs. This converted an attacking position into a Freemantle rebound.

No doubt he will improve as he matures and his body fills out, but he is not showing the poise and polish you would expect from a no 1 draft pick.

We keep making excuses for the big man.....but Trengove and Scully continue to impress.

On a positive note; it was good to see the guys making it a real contest after half time. Moloney was a real loss, but PJ looked good & Scully's class shone through again. LJ will continue to improve with game time. Bail will be better for the run as well.

Yep. How dare a kid who has played 12 games of footy not stand up and carry an entire football club who played pathetically for 60 minutes.

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. Foolish post.

Just another worthless Watts basher. Have a real look at his development before you pot him. What about LJ. His defensive pressure was abysmal for a half and he looked dis interested.

Instead of singling out youngsters. If you want to put the blowtorch on anyone apply it to the leaders who should lead by example.

Guest Redleg_24

Watts was good in generall play after half time. Not sure why he is copping a bagging. Sure he missed a goal he shouldve kicked. Dont hang it on him and rubbish his entire game. geez

LJ was LAZY today. Not prepared to work hard enough ALL THE TIME. The commentators picked up on it a few times'

Bail is a guy who I have pumped up constantly, but I thought he made very poor decisions today and his kicking was shocking.

I think u need to watch the game again

Our shocking starts cost us the game, and will continue to until we can get them sorted.

NO INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. fwiw Jack Watts played a pretty good game, hit up some real good targets and linked up well through the middle with clean hands.

Concur with most of this - there was no three definite players that cost us the game (not even the umps!). This is a ludicrous and silly thread IMO.

Watts' awareness was down the tube.

Bail stuffed up at times with disposal.

Jamar didn't do enough.

Dunn missed goals.

Bate was inaccurate.

Bartram let 4 goals go to Ballentyne.

Bruce's turnovers were painful.

Pump yourselves up for next Sunday arvo vs Sydney who have just come off a stunning victory against Top 4 potential (prior to the game) in Carlton!!

Hey negative losers, Melbourne Football Club almost beat a top 4 team at their home after giving up a 40 point lead.

Look at the POSITIVES instead!

What got us back in the game?

Who was responsible for that?

Enjoy and consider the good days to come.

or be negative like my daughter who announced after the game we wont win again this year and wont win a flag for 40 years.

So what are you? A proud and optimistic supporter or a 12 year old child?

Guest Thomo

I was at the game. Watts was good. He was one of the few players that actually worked hard for 4 quarters. He made some mistakes, but aside from the dropped mark, he looked pretty good. In the last quarter he worked harder than anyone on the ground, at one stage he beat Sandilands one on one in the ruck. His leap in another ruck contest was huge. If Natanuai played the game that Watts did today the media would be raving about him. The two goals he missed were tough kicks. The pockets at Subiaco are much deeper than they look on TV. I suspect at most grounds he would have been up against the fence.

I liked MacDonald today, adds a bit of mongrel to the backline, was very good in the first half. Last week I said Rivers should not have been given a two year deal, and while I still believe that, I thought that he was pretty good today when Sandilands went forward. Bennell was good when Melbourne was in attack, not sure he works hard enough when it is going the other way. I though Morton did a few things today that showed a lot of courage, thanks to the idiots on the footy show he has a bad rep, but I have no worries with him. And Jamar broke even with the best Ruckman in the competetion, and negated one of Freo's biggests weapons, didn't get many stats, but football isn't always about that.

I was disappointed with Jurrah today. In the first half he was lazy. Several times he watched his man run off him with the ball as he made a half hearted chase. The reason he had a good third quarter is that he actually started working. He needs to work much harder if he is going to make it.

The other disappointment was Dean Bailey. The players again were not ready to play in the first half, and it cost us the game. The buck must stop with him. Also, with a couple of minutes to go, and 1 goal down, why bench Melbournes two best players? Jamar and Green on the bench. They had not been great today, but when a game needs to be won they should be on the field. Very poor coaching by him today.

And the umpiring was terrible.

Edited by Thomo

Has Bate ever won a 50/50 marking contest?

Last week vs Essendon in goalsquare final qtr and then got the 50m penalty because he was dragged down. :D

Has Bate ever won a 50/50 marking contest?

He wasn't good, but for the most part, neither was the delivery in his direction.